• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ghazi

I'll probably attempt some solo full Crota runs, soon. Just gotta get my Titan to 32 because I foolishly pushed my Warlock to 32 and spent those precious shards on my Hunter wanting it to be next :(

Konosuke

Does that help avoid glitches? Having a Titan Defender just onto his next teleport spot and throw up a bubble is the easiest way to stop it. More Titans the better for flawless.

I hope it does. That's why I want to do it that way, tired of wiping on that part.

rNilla

Does that help avoid glitches? Having a Titan Defender just onto his next teleport spot and throw up a bubble is the easiest way to stop it. More Titans the better for flawless.
I don't have it handy but I remember a video where three or four Defenders blocked all the teleport spots and demolished the Templar.

Deku Tree

Anyone have tips for preventing Templar teleports?

Can't. I'm planning to do it during a flawless attempt.

Does that help avoid glitches? Having a Titan Defender jump onto his next teleport spot and throw up a bubble is the easiest way to stop it. More Titans the better for flawless.

We did Flawless a few days ago finally with no Titans and allowing templar teleports. Not sure why you want to avoid Templar teleports for flawless. We did the left side strategy but the right side strategy is good too.

We saw some Templar glitches on early attempts but fortunately we didn't see them again after that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That always fails for us when the Templar teleports on the left side and the oracle on the front left spawns and the templar is blocking it and the shield holder can't destroy it in time. So we send two men down.

Pfft I solo it always, not that hard, just need team communication, you have enough time to destroy both oracles

Can't. I'm planning to do it during a flawless attempt.

Oh normal mode is piss easy, just have everyone grouped up right and only send to kill oracles to left side

I need him to sell hard light or dragons breath. Then I'll just need nechrocasm and fate of all fools....the latter I do not look forward to trying to get.....at all.
Edit: also, congrats on your vex!!!

Thanks!

Fate of all Fools is tied to the Trials of Osiris which we have no idea how it will be executed. As an event or future expansions.

Konosuke

We did Flawless a few days ago finally with no Titans and allowing templar teleports. Not sure why you want to avoid Templar teleports for flawless. We did the left side strategy but the right side strategy is good too.

We saw some Templar glitches on early attempts but fortunately we didn't see them again after that.

Because my there's always someone on my group that gets infinite detain shield. We've been trying for 3 weeks now.

Oh normal mode is piss easy, just have everyone grouped up right and only send to kill oracles to left side

That sounds good. I'm just worried I'll get killed by moving around preventing teleports.

Thanks!

Fate of all Fools is tied to the Trials of Osiris which we have no idea how it will be executed. As an event or future expansions.

I read somewhere they are supposed to put out trials soonish. I'm just not good at PvP and all the scout rifle stuff you need to do in it on top of having to actually do the stuff to get into the trials PvP mode....ugh.

I hope it does. That's why I want to do it that way, tired of wiping on that part.

Not sure if you caught my edit on the old post, so re-post here for anyone interested in flawless:

Edit: People who really want flawless should just get their favorite class to Lv32 and do Crota's End. It's so freaking short and easy once you know what to do. All 32s can cake walk through that flawless. No jumps, no gorgons, easy 2 sword kill on Crota. Only take probably 25 minutes even if you die on Crota. You can't get to the jumps in VoG within 25 minutes.

Double super edit: Of course we don't know about any flawless specific glitches but there shouldn't be any because (1) that Titan that solo'ed flawless CE didn't have any glitches and (2) VoG flawless glitches were only introduced by Bungie's shitty anti-cheese hotfix patches.

You still there?

Yep, sure am! Feel free to join on all your characters.

moris

I'm at the bridge if anyone wants to get the loot for it if not I'd like to get a group together to get the 2nd chest for all alts.

Deku Tree

Because my there's always someone on my group that gets infinite detain shield. We've been trying for 3 weeks now.

Do you always use the same party leader? Do you check the internet connections of your crew on the FL screen? If people have a "poor" connection to the game world then it can be causing or at a minimum not helping with the infinite detain...

We saw the templar explode one time, and another time our whole party exploded after the enemies stopped moving at the Templar but we never got an infinite detain.. could be lag or have something to do with the internet connection of some members of your crew?

Not sure if you caught my edit on the old post, so re-post here for anyone interested in flawless:

Edit: People who really want flawless should just get their favorite class to Lv32 and do Crota's End. It's so freaking short and easy once you know what to do. All 32s can cake walk through that flawless. No jumps, no gorgons, easy 2 sword kill on Crota. Only take probably 25 minutes even if you die on Crota. You can't get to the jumps in VoG within 25 minutes.

Are you sure the Flawless Raider trophy will pop for Crota's End? I know it should but I wouldn't want to be the one to check it. TDB didn't come with any new trophies and Bungie Raids seem to be buggy so I would personally be concerned that for some buggy reason the Trophy was not sync'd to pop on the CE raid.

Alright GAF I'm doing an RNG experiment. Well that and I had the time...I deleted my third Titan and am making a 4th Titan. He should be done either today or tomorrow. After that in going to test the "smart loot" on Crota. I'm 99% certain I'm going to be getting the fusion rifle again. If I do that'll prove to me at least that everyone has a RNG "seed" tied to them in some way. And if I dont; well different weapon at least.

E92 M3

Last night I fell asleep holding the controller in bed. I figured I'd double up on bounties, but my brain said otherwise.

Are you sure the Flawless Raider trophy will pop for Crota's End? I know it should but I wouldn't want to be the one to check it. TDB didn't come with any new trophies and Bungie Raids seem to be buggy so I would personally be concerned that for some buggy reason the Trophy was not sync'd to pop on the CE raid.

No idea. It would be very stupid if it didn't pop but certainly not unexpected given this game. I wouldn't mind doing some CE flawless runs but obviously can't confirm trophy poppage since I already have it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Double super edit: Of course we don't know about any flawless specific glitches but there shouldn't be any because (1) that Titan that solo'ed flawless CE didn't have any glitches and (2) VoG flawless glitches were only introduced by Bungie's shitty anti-cheese hotfix patches.

Yep, sure am! Feel free to join on all your characters.

What's your name again? Kadey1up is mine.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
They should let you trade Ascendant materials soon with a patch

Energy = Vanguard, 10 Energy = 2 Vanguard Mark
Shards = Crucible/Factions, 10 Shards = 3 Crucible Mark

Shards are just wasting away for me, every time I get them, I get pissed, especially during NF, that's the worst

Boof

Hey guys... I'm super noob here. Just started playing a week ago. With the expansion out what is the quickest way to get geared/leveled up? I am currently level 22. Is there a resource or guide out there that could tip me off? Also is there a GAF clan/group in the game?

E92 M3

They should let you trade Ascendant materials soon with a patch

Energy = Vanguard, 10 Energy = 2 Vanguard Mark
Shards = Crucible/Factions, 10 Shards = 3 Crucible Mark

Shards are just wasting away for me, every time I get them, I get pissed, especially during NF, that's the worst

Yes, they are a huge waste now. Literally a useless material for me. Bungie overlooked it.

Konosuke

Do you always use the same party leader? Do you check the internet connections of your crew on the FL screen? If people have a "poor" connection to the game world then it can be causing or at a minimum not helping with the infinite detain...

We saw the templar explode one time, and another time our whole party exploded after the enemies stopped moving at the Templar but we never got an infinite detain.. could be lag or have something to do with the internet connection of some members of your crew?

Yeah, we've tried several party leaders and there's always someone with a poor connection. ..

Hey guys... I'm super noob here. Just started playing a week ago. With the expansion out what is the quickest way to get geared/leveled up? I am currently level 22. Is there a resource or guide out there that could tip me off? Also is there a GAF clan/group in the game?
Check the first post of the thread, there's some helpful information. Might be outdated? Due to the new DLC but still helpful nonetheless. You want to get legendary armor first. Weapons will come to you eventually. Grind strikes and earn vanguard rep imo is the fastest way. Feel free to add me and I can carry you tho some harder level stuff if required.
Edit: ps4: iRAWRasaurus

Korosenai

Gunslingers trance is pretty awesome. I just started using it for the first time, absolutely no recoil at all... It's hard to pick between that or scavenger.

Alright GAF I'm doing an RNG experiment. Well that and I had the time...I deleted my third Titan and am making a 4th Titan. He should be done either today or tomorrow. After that in going to test the "smart loot" on Crota. I'm 99% certain I'm going to be getting the fusion rifle again. If I do that'll prove to me at least that everyone has a RNG "seed" tied to them in some way. And if I dont; well different weapon at least.

My understanding is that the smart loot is only relevant for that given character. So your loot drops for a brand new character won't have any modification for "fun loot drops" because you have no raid loot history. I don't know if a given account has an RNG seed or anything like that but I kinda think not.

A certain wacky Belgian I know deleted and re-leveled 3 Warlocks last week and usually got less armor/worse drops on his new character than his long-term Warlock. He did get a guaranteed weapon each time but pretty sure it wasn't always the same one. He could chime in here but he's no longer with us. (
for 2 months
)

I can load it up now and just leave myself there. Doing some other stuff in the same room so no biggie. No mic but can hear voice, fyi. Feel free to switch to all your alts. PSN is DrDrizzay101.
You still doing this? Just sent you a request on PSN, I'll just pop in quick and grab it if you dont mind.

Deku Tree

Yeah, and then other start getting detained as well. We've had up to 3 people detained.

Sorry to hear about that... one more question... is the person with the poor connection always the same person? If so might want to ask them to try flawless someplace with a better internet connection or... It is really hard to get flawless done if someone on your team has very bad internet unfortunately.

My understanding is that the smart loot is only relevant for that given character. So your loot drops for a brand new character won't have any modification for "fun loot drops" because you have no raid loot history. I don't know if a given account has an RNG seed or anything like that but I kinda think not.

A certain wacky Belgian I know deleted and re-leveled 3 Warlocks last week and usually got less armor/worse drops on his new character than his long-term Warlock. He did get a guaranteed weapon each time but pretty sure it wasn't always the same one. He could chime in here but he's no longer with us. (
for 2 months
)

I agree that the smart loot is only for a given character on the ID; but what's bugging me with it is that on all three of my current characters they ALL received the same loot their first runs through CE. That really seems too deliberate to me rather than "chance". Honestly those odds are astronomical.

Deku Tree

I am still waiting for either a chest piece or a helmet for my Hunter from the CE raid... two warlock has two full sets of armor (including helmet) plus extra third set of gloves too.

Edit: still in gorgons. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Okay be there in a few. Do I have to do the whole jumping up cliffs thing to get there like I seen people do it?

Ah, sorry didn't see this post until now. I never know if people who join know all the chest routes, but ms hooked you up it seems.

And then you got an exotic! Awesome! Monte Carlo.

Top Bottom