• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

tumblr_inline_mhcxskcPty1qz4rgp.gif

i like 2015 already.

moris

You want to try it?

For some reason I can solo it with my Hunter but my Titans has a hard time. Thralls weigh you down and the Shrieker kamikaze balls kill you before you even get there.

Okay but with only us two it's going to be the same result as yesterday. I'll send you and invite when I get in there.

If anyone wants to join and help us get the 2nd chest feel free. PSN ID is I'm profile.

shem935

Banned
Sitting at the second crotas end chest. Join now. Shem0275. It's on a timer so hurry up if you want it.

I think it is the exploding thralls that trigger the door to close. Tested it just now. One run where I killed everything in the hallway, run to the door, closed. Second I kill nothing, blast the shriekers and the door is open.

gdt

This is the week where I work on my crucible rep/marks trophy. Taking my new Thorn in. I did all my CEs and Nightfalls on Tuesday so I don't have any more events for the weekend. I'll probably hop on to do Crucible stuff later.

You sound like a fucking legend. I would of gave up. Hell this week when I got the trophy I was already admitting to myself that I probably will never get it through random bugs plus human error.

haha thanks man

We had everything, we had bust ups, tiredness after trying for a solid week, randomly falling through a solid floor, people forgetting how to do simple things like which portal opens up when they get teleported, people trying things they normally wouldn't because we nearly had his health down, like trying to rocket Atheon in a new hiding place *cough*. Such a weight was lifted when it was done.

Edit: Thinking back on it, our flawless run was filled with stories that Bungie wish were tied to exotic weapons lol, except it's all about how the raid fucked us over.

Yeah, people brought that up a few times about how they should talk about it in some update but obviously never would because it would be highlighting their mistakes (cheese was possible, then patched poorly). The funny thing is that it would be a smart PR move considering all the gripes people have about raid glitches and Bungie's occasionally strained communications with the community.

Got all my loot drops everywhere for this week, but thanks for asking! Monte Carlo is actually pretty legit since the buff.

Thanks man, appreciated. Horn + I-WoL made it possible.

I'm an obsessive weirdo sometimes, cyborg was the next closest but there was a fair gap between us. Mattiator was my main guy in PST and we'd play a few hours until he had to crash, then Astro/Zalawake would wake up to organize groups with Steroyd on GMT time and I'd just keep going. I drank way too much coffee. I yelled at fig for a typically fig-ian post. Shit got real.

Still feel bad that astro and matt had to drop because I lost my cool after an especially painful Atheon wipe. Brought in two rando's on my list and got it the very next run, the rando's first flawless attempt ever. Great moment though once we all got it again together the next time.

We miss cyborg, he was a very good dude. Even if we were bummed when he no-showed at the C's End 4am release raid, haven't heard from him since. He was in some super intense WoW guild I know, he almost never uses his PS4.
And the random person who would float in and out to fill the 6th position if required :p I think he also died during the trip down to the gorgon maze which a certain person did before as well..hmm

gdt

Bought Secret Handshake, but haven't put anything into it yet. Gotta put some bounties on it. I'll take it to the Crucible this weekend.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay but with only us two it's going to be the same result as yesterday. I'll send you and invite when I get in there.

If anyone wants to join and help us get the 2nd chest feel free. PSN ID is I'm profile.

Hold on. I have to switch.

Are any of the new Vanguard weapons worth the marks?

Plug One fusion rifle (have a solar and void version - it really packs a punch maxed out), LDR sniper (I have a solar, arc, and void one for my Titan and a solar one for my Hunter), and I kind of like the Another NitC scout rifle. I forget the name of the rocket launcher but I got lucky and rolled one with the 3 rocket per tube perk.

Drizzay you still at gorgons?

Yup, just loaded it up again if anyone still needs it.

And the random person who would float in and out to fill the 6th position if required :p I think he also died during the trip down to the gorgon maze which a certain person did before as well..hmm

lol .... which inspired a post that created a Destiny Gaf mini-meme. Lots of good memories in only a few short months.

shem935

Banned
I guess it's because it's a montage, but I usually never get this amount of stupid players in matches who charge head on despite all odds. Most of the time they will hide, strafe, run away if they are losing or use their super in desperation.

Can't wait for inferno, damn sick of supers.

What is inferno?

E92 M3

I just did a Roc Strike and the Titan's ruins wings glitched and it was raining heavies everywhere! Omnigul went down in minutes. Was so much fun!

Deku Tree

You guys are amazing. And yea whenever you get nervous you make crazy decisions you would never do before.

But now that we have the trophy I can rest easy at night. I have about 4 trophies left before I can be a Guardian Lord (hunt ghost, cabal precision kills, warlock and titan subclass). I'm working on it and hopefully I will hit Guardian Lord by the end of this month (will only delete one of my three hunters for another class once I get a hawkmoon drop. . need those easy grind for NF, CE chest and Atheon).

It was great to have you on our Team.

Ghazi

Is that confirmed?

Oh dang. That would be interesting. Gotten used to radar and all that so it would be interesting to play without it.

"A modified variant of multiple Crucible match types, Inferno tests your Light against the darkest of conditions.

Darkness prevails, leaving Guardians to rely on their weaponry and combat skills alone. The enemy can only be found by sight and sound alone. Rely on your teammates and keen tracking to stalk your enemies and shut them down without the trust in your most powerful abilities.

True skill put to the ultimate test. No trackers. No Supers. No bonuses. Only kills earn points."

From an Inferno Grimoire Card.

How long does it take to fully max out a new subclass? Going to be creating a titan soon to get the trophy and grimoire. I'm thinking of just playing crucible to hit level 20 and maxing stuff out.

Does anyone actually need/want to kill Urzok still? Next Skywatch PE is in ~10 minutes, going to sit there now if anybody wants to join on me. Probably nobody that still has this stupid bounty. I just want to confirm whether or not it gives you Eris rep.

Cornbread78

Man, buddies bought me the expansions last night so I could play some Crota, through 3 chests, nothing but energy and shards, wtf..

JTran2003

How long does it take to fully max out a new subclass? Going to be creating a titan soon to get the trophy and grimoire. I'm thinking of just playing crucible to hit level 20 and maxing stuff out.

Took me a week to get to 20. Well really probably 2-4 days for the grind was really boring to me... Going from level 10 to 20 only took a day. Crucible and bounties were my go to method. Had legendary gear saved in the vault which took me to 25 right away. Now I need to grind and get legendary boots to get higher. Might need VOG stuff to hit thirty since in only 27 and that might be too low for CE

NastyBook

Man, buddies bought me the expansions last night so I could play some Crota, through 3 chests, nothing but energy and shards, wtf..
Myself and another person in a party last week go nothing but shards off Crota. We both went to check our mailboxes to see if anything else might've just ended up there. Nope, shards only. Next week can see you get Gloves and Greaves, though, so it's definitely gotten better in terms of loot drops for some.

Starting a CE frsh run. We go as soon as we get 6.

1. Silvertonguebr
2. GibbShift
I'm down.

Top Bottom