• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

JayHayabusa

My PSN is a closely guarded secret for only the most legendary guardians. How dare you even ask. (hint: re-read the post you quoted, hehe).

Edit: I knew you would catch it but still couldn't resist the smart ass reply, ha. In Gorgons now for anyone that wants it.

Thx a lot man

Energy only as usual lol. Will try again next week!!

Make sure to get the exotic-chance chest if you don't already have it on that first character you used... (Edit: the one to the left of the spawn point)

Will you be able to share this again later? Got a toddler running havoc at min and can't even remote play to do it

If not can anyone else who grabbed it share later if able. I will be on at about 7pm gmt

You're welcome, anytime, thanks for the thanks everyone.

Will you be able to share this again later? Got a toddler running havoc at min and can't even remote play to do it

If not can anyone else who grabbed it share later if able. I will be on at about 7pm gmt

Pretty sure that's 2pm EST... not sure if I'll be around then but I'll be in here now for a while yet if people still need it.

Fatebringer > Any 331 hand cannon

Fuck the 200 extra damage if they are in the same impact class as Fatebringer. If I should one thrall with Fate the rest of them explode in an arc explosion. With any other hand cannon I would have to kill all of them individually so that extra attack gets me nothing.

It's why I laugh at anyone claiming Fatebringer is outdated because it's stuck at 300 attack.

Yeah I love the Fatebringer in the new raid. its so awesome.

My go to gun.

My setup looks like this 99% of the time

Primary: Fatebringer
Special: Black hammer or Icebreaker
Heavy: Gjalllargod or a legendary if I am using Icebreaker.

Come hard raid I do think that the Fatebringer is fucked :( Hope not but most probably it will be... Its the best gun in the game for sure. Hopefully the word of Crota can come close, but its missing the firefly perk and that sucks.

Fatebringer > Any 331 hand cannon

Fuck the 200 extra damage if they are in the same impact class as Fatebringer. If I should one thrall with Fate the rest of them explode in an arc explosion. With any other hand cannon I would have to kill all of them individually so that extra attack gets me nothing.

It's why I laugh at anyone claiming Fatebringer is outdated because it's stuck at 300 attack.

Fatebringer will always be the goat PvE hand cannon. Anyone saying otherwise can't possibly have one.

Looks like I'm the only one thinking that FB just isn't cutting it anymore. I know FB is fun with Thrall, but a grenade does the same, and I'm not too worried about thrall anyway. I'm looking at whether or not I can OHK an Acolyte or Knight, and I feel that it's possible with a 32 toon and a 331 Red Hand, and not with FB. I'll have to test tonight, since it's just a feeling.

smh

arc explosion

I really missed it in this week's Nightfall. The only downside of it not being arc burn.

Have eight Vanguard commendations. Nothing to buy. Time to wear some faction class items...

Yeah I'm am in the same boat with 9. I want the Saterienne Rapier scout rifle from the Crucible quartermaster.

Soooo that means I need to grind PvP (165 marks or so) and get from rank 1 to 3.

:(

Edit: still chilling in Gorgons for a while if anybody needs it.

Damn GAF crucible team is slaughtering....

Past few matches enemy team didn't even reach 3K score overall

I'm going to creepily join your party chat just to listen to your Crucible matches. No mic. Creeper style.

AM 1337 Crucibulldozer Radio (edit2: 1337 would be more like AM than FM....)

Lima

Looks like I'm the only one thinking that FB just isn't cutting it anymore. I know FB is fun with Thrall, but a grenade does the same, and I'm not too worried about thrall anyway. I'm looking at whether or not I can OHK an Acolyte or Knight, and I feel that it's possible with a 32 toon and a 331 Red Hand, and not with FB. I'll have to test tonight, since it's just a feeling.

A 32 Acolyte is killed by a single Fatebringer crit if you are 32. Knights are never a OHK anyway. As a 31 you are not killing Acolytes in one shot even when using a 331 hand cannon. So yes Fatebringer is still king. Word of Crota also looks really shitty with the perks as do the other new raid primaries.

For armor does INT not make that much of a difference for super charging? I know PVP kills matter more. Also for PVE my exotic helmet grants me more super for kills.

I'm thinking on trying to focus on a pure discipline stat roll so I can get my grenades up fast, and with some armor grenade kills restore melee.

For armor does INT not make that much of a difference for super charging? I know PVP kills matter more. Also for PVE my exotic helmet grants me more super for kills.

I'm thinking on trying to focus on a pure discipline stat roll so I can get my grenades up fast, and with some armor grenade kills restore melee.

Int makes a lot of difference... I find myself having super a bit more often when I have high Int, even if I am not doing that great

A 32 Acolyte is killed by a single Fatebringer crit if you are 32. Knights are never a OHK anyway. As a 31 you are not killing Acolytes in one shot even when using a 331 hand cannon. So yes Fatebringer is still king. Word of Crota also looks really shitty with the perks as do the other new raid primaries.

I think all of the new raid primaries look so shitty. Not excited about hard mode.

Int makes a lot of difference... I find myself having super a bit more often when I have high Int, even if I am not doing that great

Hm I never really notice that much. I'm hoping for better armor roll for a INT/DIS mix

Lima

If you have 100% intellect cooldown which means 270 or more your super cooldown is reduced to around 4 minutes (from 6 minutes if you had 0 INT) just standing around doing nothing. You also get more super energy per kill.

I'm assuming you are talking about the new warlock helmet Obsidian Mind. Yeah you can afford going for discipline and strength as both those are pretty important for Warlocks anyway.

Mrgamer

So need a couple more shards for my pure discipline warlock level 32.

My main warlock is inbetween intelect strengt and discipline at l32.

Ready to stick up crota arsehole.

Lima

So need a couple more shards for my pure discipline warlock level 32.

My main warlock is inbetween intelect strengt and discipline at l32.

Ready to stick up crota arsehole.

Why would you even make a pure discipline warlock? Beyond 270 points netting you 100% cooldown there are no additional benefits.

If you have 100% intellect cooldown which means 270 or more your super cooldown is reduced to around 4 minutes (from 6 minutes if you had 0 INT) just standing around doing nothing. You also get more super energy per kill.

I'm assuming you are talking about the new warlock helmet Obsidian Mind. Yeah you can afford going for discipline and strength as both those are pretty important for Warlocks anyway.

Thanks for sharing the cooldown breakdown and actually I'm talking about the Hunter's Knucklehead helmet (I would love hearing what you think is important for Hunters)

Ah...good to know. I'm on the cusp of being 32, and thought that FB wouldn't be able to one hit. Good to know that it can. I know knights aren't one hit, but it felt like they were going down my faster with Red Hand. Could be the extra range and stability? I also may have just been feeling the jump from 30 to 31 since Red Hand was on my Hunter that leveled up, and FB was on my other toons that are still 30.

Never mind my FB rant. I will find a use for the new guns somehow.

Picked up my 5th Vex just right now

I finally got mine yesterday! And husk of the pit!

20/24 exotic weapons collected now

Dear Xur,

Please sell one of these weapons tomorrow:
-Red Death
-Universal Remote
-Dragons Breath
-4th Horseman (won't happen since it's a PS exclusive weapon)

Signed,
Byron/Cosmos

Lima

Thanks for sharing the cooldown breakdown and actually I'm talking about the Hunter's Knucklehead helmet (I would love hearing what you think is important for Hunters)

That kinda depends. Are you like Zoba, a true connoisseur of the throwing knife? If so it might not be bad to have a little strength.

I personally think it's useless in both PvP and PvE so my Hunter is always INT and DIS only. I always have 0 strength or the little strength that knucklehead radar gives me when I'm using that helmet in PvP.

Referring to no streng maxed discipline and fair amount intellect.

Ah okay. I thought you were like one of my hunter bros who has 490 discipline and nothing else lol.

BAG MAGIC TOO STRONG.

Robdraggo with the back-to-back exotics, Ice Breaker this time. Sorry Colonel !!!

At least the 3rd time I've seen back-to-backs this week.

That kinda depends. Are you like Zoba, are a true connoisseur of the throwing knife? If so it might not be bad to have a little strength.

I personally think it's useless in both PvP and PvE so my Hunter is always INT and DIS only. I always have 0 strength or the little strength that knucklehead radar gives me when I'm using that helmet in PvP.

I'm not a fan of the throwing knife. Yea I try to stick for an INT and DIS build. You only wear Knucklehead for PVP? What do you put on for PVE? I tend to just like using the same build for everything. But I do have the Alpha Lupi Crest I can upgrade.

Still in gorgons. FYI: feel free to grab the exotic chest if you want, don't have to leave with just the CP unless that's all you need.

Thanks dude, i shall cherish my sweaty nut remote, just got ice breaker on titan

Bag magic
Believe

Lol, too funny. Where else but DGAF could you hear the phrase "sweaty nut remote."

Still in gorgons. FYI: feel free to grab the exotic chest if you want, don't have to leave with just the CP unless that's all you need.

Lol, too funny. Where else but DGAF could you hear the phrase "sweaty nut remote."

Thanks drizzay, you made my birthday, yes it is my bday

Now i need a crota kill

Can't. I'm planning to do it during a flawless attempt.

Does that help avoid glitches? Having a Titan Defender jump onto his next teleport spot and throw up a bubble is the easiest way to stop it. More Titans the better for flawless.

Edit: People who really want flawless should just get their favorite class to Lv32 and do Crota's End. It's so freaking short and easy once you know what to do. All 32s can cake walk through that flawless. No jumps, no gorgons, easy 2 sword kill on Crota. Only take probably 25 minutes even if you die on Crota. You can't get to the jumps in VoG within 25 minutes.

I finally got mine yesterday! And husk of the pit!

20/24 exotic weapons collected now

Dear Xur,

Please sell one of these weapons tomorrow:
-Red Death
-Universal Remote
-Dragons Breath
-4th Horseman (won't happen since it's a PS exclusive weapon)

Signed,
Byron/Cosmos

I need him to sell hard light or dragons breath. Then I'll just need nechrocasm and fate of all fools....the latter I do not look forward to trying to get.....at all.
Edit: also, congrats on your vex!!!

Top Bottom