• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I see you've found a group. John us if you need it again.

Yeah. Someone on my friend list messaged me asking for help. Thanks anyway!

Well it's another disappointing run of nightfalls.
1x legendary handcannon (red hand IX or something, sharded)
1 x another nitc (sharded as I have one with better perks
1 x crest of alpha lupi for hunter (already had a pre-dlc one so kept this one and sharded the old one)

There is always next week for ice breaker or godhorn.

Defuser

It's actually two maps as cauldron is in the rotation too but yeah it's dumb as hell. Why not mix the new maps with the old in that playlist? That would make too much sense I guess.

I play like 5 or more matches and it's always Pantheon. Oh well

My first Dead Orbit package was a mote of light and some glimmer...

I keep on getting the red and white shader from New Monarchy. The first time I got it I thought "damn I'm lucky", the next 4 I was already sick of it. Just give me the Vanquisher VIII without me having to play as much crucible goddamnit lol.

shem935

Banned
Does the urn quest line give crota's bane rep? I'm stuck 2000 rep away from being level 32 and it is super frustrating. They should have made all your rep go towards eris when you wear her class item. You know...like every other faction in the game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does the urn quest line give crota's end rep? I'm stuck 2000 rep away from being level 32 and it is super frustrating. They should have made all your rep go towards eris when you wear her class item. You know...like every other faction in the game.

Nope

Last one that gives you rep is the Omnigul Strike or the Hands/Eyes/Heart of Crota mission ones

The Xur Urn one is considered not a bane mission, that thing has a reward at the end, that's why no rep

Namikaze1

I can't fucking play destiny. Heading to a new area sends me back to orbit immediately. I can go to the spawning area in Old Russia just fine but as soon as I go to another area, I get hit by the loading screen and sent back to orbit.

My Internet connection is fine. That's not the problem.

gdt

Headache is gone.

Ready to. Do this if you ppl still need one.

Edit: i see u guys are full. Thanks for the invite, man. I had to take something for the headache first. Sorry.

Hey man no problem. All been there.

I'll be VoGing for sure again so well catch each other.

That awkward moment when you get matched with a full team of under 20s and the only thing that kept below me 8000 score was because I was using Husk of Pit....

Trakan

You had to complete bounties to get yourself a token
That token can then be used to do a Queens Wrath mission, 1 chosen mission from each planet was thrown in and you had to complete it to get loot
There was I think 6 bounties per day, with 6 tokens achievable, 10 max tokens you can hold onto so netting you 6 rolls on loot daily.
Problem was the first day, you can double up the bounties by signing in/off and the loot that you earned went dismantled earned you ascendant materials

Players who caught onto this early racked up many Legendary pieces and broke them down for shards
Bungie quickly hotfixed it so you can get only class materials, cause giving players roughly 12-15 (daily) or 24-30 (double dip) ascendant shards so early would break the game
Most kept reusing their tokens until they got Earth mission (2nd mission) and just kept repeating it
So 3 players with tokens would go roll the missions till earth hit, 2 friends join, finish mission, repeat till token ran out, most would cap out on the 10+ token

So do bounties for rep, which led to token to do same missions with modifiers in place, that always netted you at least 1 Legendary item, which quickly became broken and got patched, then people just rolled for pieces their characters needed

While Queen's Wrath was terrible as an event just being rehashed story missions, it was awesome for someone who just made two alts. I got two characters a bunch of legendary gear and shards. I got to Nightfall/raid range really fast. It saved me a lot of time.

Definitely broken as fuck though.

Yeah. Someone on my friend list messaged me asking for help. Thanks anyway!

Well it's another disappointing run of nightfalls.
1x legendary handcannon (red hand IX or something, sharded)
1 x another nitc (sharded as I have one with better perks
1 x crest of alpha lupi for hunter (already had a pre-dlc one so kept this one and sharded the old one)

There is always next week for ice breaker or godhorn.

Red Hand is a pretty decent hand cannon. I wish I could reroll mine with better perks, but at 331 it gets the job done.

matmanx1

Happy New Year, Destiny-Gaf! You guys have been swell and are now my favorite destination on all of Gaf-dom. 2015 is going to be great so I hope to see you guys in the Cosmodrome, on the Moon, Venus, Mars and in strikes and raids! (but probably not the Crucible, unless you are on my team and then it is ok.) =)

Lima

Fatebringer > Any 331 hand cannon

Fuck the 200 extra damage if they are in the same impact class as Fatebringer. If I should one thrall with Fate the rest of them explode in an arc explosion. With any other hand cannon I would have to kill all of them individually so that extra attack gets me nothing.

It's why I laugh at anyone claiming Fatebringer is outdated because it's stuck at 300 attack.

Does the urn quest line give crota's bane rep? I'm stuck 2000 rep away from being level 32 and it is super frustrating. They should have made all your rep go towards eris when you wear her class item. You know...like every other faction in the game.

Are you sure about no rep? I just turned in the Void kill acolytes/wizards portion and I swear I got 125 rep for it (100+NF). Tried to do Urzok but his dumb ass didn't show up, might leave it on and try later once he comes back. Quest lines definitely give you rep, not sure if it matters that this one isn't "required" for unlocking stuff.

I'm 2000 rep from rank 4 also, but that leaves 5 days including the reset or 400 rep/day. Especially with the double bounty trick, that should be very do-able. I could have two Lv32s for next week's reset raids then...

Red Hand is a pretty decent hand cannon. I wish I could reroll mine with better perks, but at 331 it gets the job done.

I would have kept it. However I have hawkmoon, fatebringer, thorn and the last word. Despite it being 331 at max I have other hand canons in would always use before it.

Deku Tree

Fuck the 200 extra damage if they are in the same impact class as Fatebringer. If I should one thrall with Fate the rest of them explode in an arc explosion. With any other hand cannon I would have to kill all of them individually so that extra attack gets me nothing.

It's why I laugh at anyone claiming Fatebringer is outdated because it's stuck at 300 attack.

Even the Word of Crota?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This Exotic Chest in VoG is too fucking nice...
EME64TO.jpg

20/23 Exotics gotten

Now only Red Death, The Last Word, No Land Beyond left to have

This Exotic Chest in VoG is too fucking nice...
EME64TO.jpg

20/23 Exotics gotten

Now only Red Death, The Last Word, No Land Beyond left to have

I really need to hit that chest 3 times before reset! And maybe 3 atheon kills and 2 more crota kills. Surely out of those 8 chances of an exotic one is bound to give me what I need

I would have kept it. However I have hawkmoon, fatebringer, thorn and the last word. Despite it being 331 at max I have other hand canons in would always use before it.

That's cool. It kind of feels like a Hawkmoon lite. Good if you don't want to use a special or heavy exotic. I'm starting to feel the weakness of Fatebringer as I level up and get more 331 weapons up to full strength. I like my HC's to be one hit kills on all but the biggest baddies, and FB just can't pull that off like a 331 HC.

EL CUCO

I agree with this.

Things might be different for the hard Raid but as of now, FB is still king.

noomi

6 and a half hours later I got my 3rd alt to 20... That was painful.

Now to try my chance at a Hawkmoon :)

Anyone kind enough to share a gorgon CP?

And this is why fatebringer is my favourite PvE primary bar none

I really need to hit that chest 3 times before reset! And maybe 3 atheon kills and 2 more crota kills. Surely out of those 8 chances of an exotic one is bound to give me what I need

6 and a half hours later I got my 3rd alt to 20... That was painful.

Now to try my chance at a Hawkmoon :)

Anyone kind enough to share a gorgon CP?

Anyone has the Gorgon Checkpoint so I can hit up the chest?

PSN jayforone

I can load it up now and just leave myself there. Doing some other stuff in the same room so no biggie. No mic but can hear voice, fyi. Feel free to switch to all your alts. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

That's cool. It kind of feels like a Hawkmoon lite. Good if you don't want to use a special or heavy exotic. I'm starting to feel the weakness of Fatebringer as I level up and get more 331 weapons up to full strength. I like my HC's to be one hit kills on all but the biggest baddies, and FB just can't pull that off like a 331 HC.

Fatebringer I use for nightfalls only really. Gotta love that arc burn. I don't use handcannons overall. More a scout or assault rifle user. But hawkmoon has me covered for pve. I don't have enough exotic secondary / heavy to worry about needing the exotic slot in primary. Once rngesus gives me icebreaker and godhorn I may have to reconsider

Drizzay - will you be on in a few hours time to share it again? I'm unable to jump online at minute. No worries if you can't.

What's your PSN? Much appreciated

My PSN is a closely guarded secret for only the most legendary guardians. How dare you even ask. (hint: re-read the post you quoted, hehe).

Edit: I knew you would catch it but still couldn't resist the smart ass reply, ha. In Gorgons now for anyone that wants it.

I agree with this.

Things might be different for the hard Raid but as of now, FB is still king.

And this is why fatebringer is my favourite PvE primary bar none

Looks like I'm the only one thinking that FB just isn't cutting it anymore. I know FB is fun with Thrall, but a grenade does the same, and I'm not too worried about thrall anyway. I'm looking at whether or not I can OHK an Acolyte or Knight, and I feel that it's possible with a 32 toon and a 331 Red Hand, and not with FB. I'll have to test tonight, since it's just a feeling.

Top Bottom