• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

This Exotic Chest in VoG is too fucking nice...

20/23 Exotics gotten

Now only Red Death, The Last Word, No Land Beyond left to have

Lucky you. In all my 15+ playthroughs of both raids I finally got my first exotic from any of the bosses or the chest, it was the Mythoclast, it's alright.

I really really hate how random the loot in this game is. It makes no sense how I kept getting class items from that exotic chest. Surely if the loot system in this game was any competent, after the 3rd fragment of the prime it would give me something different but nope here's your 10th one. How stupid. Bungie really needs to go back to the drawing board in regards to the loot drops in this game and not rely on RNG on every aspect of the game.

shem935

Banned
Man corrective measure is a beast in rumble. Get a couple kills, charge your super, get heavy, wreck everything with 300 corrective measure rounds for the entire round, profit.

no way

FUUUUCCKKKKKK

I just turned in 10 bounties and used up a RL Telemetry but I didn't have my Gjallahorn equipped :(

isdNNvNqklcLH.gif

Konosuke

Sorry to hear about that... one more question... is the person with the poor connection always the same person? If so might want to ask them to try flawless someplace with a better internet connection or... It is really hard to get flawless done if someone on your team has very bad internet unfortunately.

It usually is. But we have no choice. We're about to do Templar now. I hope it goes well.

Steroyd

My understanding is that the smart loot is only relevant for that given character. So your loot drops for a brand new character won't have any modification for "fun loot drops" because you have no raid loot history. I don't know if a given account has an RNG seed or anything like that but I kinda think not.

Well they better damn well get smarter next week for me, as far as armour goes I think I've got nothing but duplicates 2 weeks in a row, made worse that Bungie patched in helmets after I did the raid 3 times last week.

I'm missing 7 out of 12 armours, the odds should be in my favour ffs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Edit: still in gorgons. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Ah, sorry didn't see this post until now. I never know if people who join know all the chest routes, but ms hooked you up it seems.

And then you got an exotic! Awesome! Monte Carlo.

Okay. Thanks a lot. One exotic isn't so bad.

You already have the second chest in CE? I just need one more for that and I'm going to solo up to that point myself and if you want to join before I attempt to get it you can.

Steroyd

FUUUUCCKKKKKK

I just turned in 10 bounties and used up a RL Telemetry but I didn't have my Gjallahorn equipped :(

That's why I'm obsessive with this shit, you won't believe how many times I triple checked over everything was fine before I re-maxed my upgraded gjallarhorn.

Seeing these posts about flawless attempts being glitched makes my heart hurt.

Lol you should have been around when they first started happening. One particular group of chatty Kathy Gaffers got the trophy early on but nobody else really tried for it. I finally scrounged up a group of raggamuffins to try it a couple times. We had one run with Atheon less than 10% when a certain special someone blew themselves up with a rocket. No need to name names, history has forgotten (
but I haven't
).

They patched the "Atheon is afraid of fire that does negligible damage to him" cheese. But it required one wipe in the GK/Atheon room before it would load correctly. On flawless runs, his teleports would be super random and include anywhere from 0 (usually) to 3 (very rarely) people. Glitched portals could happen every time but it would usually sort itself out eventually.

Anything less than 3 ported, we'd run the relic outside and DPS without T's Vengeance. My first flawless had 8 straight portal rounds with only 0 or 1 (me) person. We killed him with no T's V maybe ~10 seconds before enrage. Good times. I'm like an old man telling the same stories over and over. ;_;

Deku Tree

Lol you should have been around when they first started happening. One particular group of chatty Kathy Gaffers got the trophy early on but nobody else really tried for it. I finally scrounged up a group of raggamuffins to try it a couple times. We had one run with Atheon less than 10% when a certain special someone blew themselves up with a rocket. No need to name names, history has forgotten (but I haven't).

They patched the "Atheon is afraid of fire that does negligible damage to him" cheese. But it required one wipe in the GK/Atheon room before it would load correctly. On flawless runs, his teleports would be super random and include anywhere from 0 (usually) to 3 (very rarely) people. Glitched portals could happen every time but it would usually sort itself out eventually.

Anything less than 3 ported, we'd run the relic outside and DPS without T's Vengeance. My first flawless had 8 straight portal rounds with only 0 or 1 (me) person. We killed him with no T's V maybe ~10 seconds before enrage. Good times. I'm like an old man telling the same stories over and over. ;_;

Your crew was incredibly impressive for getting the flawless tropy without timesvengence during the extremely glitchy Atheon era.

Edit: I always look for cyborg1 in the OP ... That guy did the flawless with you and got almost all the way to the grindy platinum but then just stopped playing Destiny when he was almost there...

Lol you should have been around when they first started happening. One particular group of chatty Kathy Gaffers got the trophy early on but nobody else really tried for it. I finally scrounged up a group of raggamuffins to try it a couple times. We had one run with Atheon less than 10% when a certain special someone blew themselves up with a rocket. No need to name names, history has forgotten (
but I haven't
).

tumblr_lqq4bp92YJ1qdufzqo1_500.gif

but I haven't
).

You sound like a fucking legend. I would of gave up. Hell this week when I got the trophy I was already admitting to myself that I probably will never get it through random bugs plus human error.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Killing Omnigul in a weekly without any burn or Ghorn is painful. Let's hope we don't see this strike for a long time now.

Steroyd

You sound like a fucking legend. I would of gave up. Hell this week when I got the trophy I was already admitting to myself that I probably will never get it through random bugs plus human error.

We had everything, we had bust ups, tiredness after trying for a solid week, randomly falling through a solid floor, people forgetting how to do simple things like which portal opens up when they get teleported, people trying things they normally wouldn't because we nearly had his health down, like trying to rocket Atheon in a new hiding place *cough*. Such a weight was lifted when it was done.

Edit: Thinking back on it, our flawless run was filled with stories that Bungie wish were tied to exotic weapons lol, except it's all about how the raid fucked us over.

Konosuke

Meh, this time me and another dude got infinite detain right at the start when I took Templar's shield down. He had a red connection, I didn't. I'm getting depressed. Maybe they should try without me, I already have the trophy :|

moris

Okay. Thanks a lot. One exotic isn't so bad.

You already have the second chest in CE? I just need one more for that and I'm going to solo up to that point myself and if you want to join before I attempt to get it you can.

I have the 2nd chest checkpoint on two characters but need 2-3 more ppl to make it to the door.

We had everything, we had bust ups, tiredness after trying for a solid week, people forgetting how to do simple things like which portal opens up when they get teleported, people trying things they normally wouldn't because we nearly had his health down, like trying to rocket Atheon in a new hiding place *cough*. Such a weight was lifted when it was done.

That was really exciting when we got it though..

You guys are amazing. And yea whenever you get nervous you make crazy decisions you would never do before.

But now that we have the trophy I can rest easy at night. I have about 4 trophies left before I can be a Guardian Lord (hunt ghost, cabal precision kills, warlock and titan subclass). I'm working on it and hopefully I will hit Guardian Lord by the end of this month (will only delete one of my three hunters for another class once I get a hawkmoon drop. . need those easy grind for NF, CE chest and Atheon).

Got all my loot drops everywhere for this week, but thanks for asking! Monte Carlo is actually pretty legit since the buff.

Your crew was incredibly impressive for getting the flawless tropy without timesvengence during the extremely glitchy Atheon era.

Edit: I always look for cyborg1 in the OP ... That guy did the flawless with you and got almost all the way to the grindy platinum but then just stopped playing Destiny when he was almost there...

Thanks man, appreciated. Horn + I-WoL made it possible.

I'm an obsessive weirdo sometimes, cyborg was the next closest but there was a fair gap between us. Mattiator was my main guy in PST and we'd play a few hours until he had to crash, then Astro/Zalawake would wake up to organize groups with Steroyd on GMT time and I'd just keep going. I drank way too much coffee. I yelled at fig for a typically fig-ian post. Shit got real.

Still feel bad that astro and matt had to drop because I lost my cool after an especially painful Atheon wipe. Brought in two rando's on my list and got it the very next run, the rando's first flawless attempt ever. Great moment though once we all got it again together the next time.

We miss cyborg, he was a very good dude. Even if we were bummed when he no-showed at the C's End 4am release raid, haven't heard from him since. He was in some super intense WoW guild I know, he almost never uses his PS4.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Killing Omnigul in a weekly without any burn or Ghorn is painful. Let's hope we don't see this strike for a long time now.

Umm... I had G-Horn with 2 Heavy Ammo Packs used, she's just annoying fight that's all
Dropping her shield with Arc, then she bolts so quickly, by the time you refocus on her, shield coming back...

Seriously there should be a goddamn cooldown on shields, they are too fucking strong on bosses
Not to mention that she shouldn't have a shield at all, she's a boss, it's not like she melts once we remove her shield, she is already as agile as fuck, then shield and ungodly health life...
Can you imagine Sponge Bob Valus with Solar Shield on top of his gargantuan fatass health, reload or adjust when he's shifting, all that work to drop his shield down the drain...

Seriously that Omnigul needs a nerf big time, also open up that broom closet, Jesus fuck, you drop 8 bajillion trash mobs in such close proximity, your wasting more ammo killing adds and recouping it all back for more adds, cause godforbid she loses more than 15% of her health she calls in next wave >_<

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Umm... I had G-Horn with 2 Heavy Ammo Packs used, she's just annoying fight that's all
Dropping her shield with Arc, then she bolts so quickly, by the time you refocus on her, shield coming back...

Seriously there should be a goddamn cooldown on shields, they are too fucking strong on bosses
Not to mention that she shouldn't have a shield at all, she's a boss, it's not like she melts once we remove her shield, she is already as agile as fuck, then shield and ungodly health life...
Can you imagine Sponge Bob Valus with Solar Shield on top of his gargantuan fatass health, reload or adjust when he's shifting, all that work to drop his shield down the drain...

Seriously that Omnigul needs a nerf big time, also open up that broom closet, Jesus fuck, you drop 8 bajillion trash mobs in such close proximity, your wasting more ammo killing adds and recouping it all back for more adds, cause godforbid she loses more than 15% of her health she calls in next wave >_<

Yeah, you were doing good damage to her. I had a Dragon's Breath which was completely useless with its WW2 type scope since she moves so fast. Should have used HoC; oh well.

Thanks to you and GraverobberX; much more fun with GAFfers.

Great job :)

PSN down again?

Yup, "lost connection to partner services". Uh oh.

that wipe right as she died was soul-crushing. :-(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have the 2nd chest checkpoint on two characters but need 2-3 more ppl to make it to the door.

You want to try it?

For some reason I can solo it with my Hunter but my Titans has a hard time. Thralls weigh you down and the Shrieker kamikaze balls kill you before you even get there.

Top Bottom