• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ugh crucible marks are such a pain in the ass to get. Vanguard marks fill up really quick, specially if you farm public events. Crucible marks? You get 3 per win, 2 per loss. Fastest way to get them is through Skirmish really, although playing that solo isn't generally favorable.

X-Frame

Why Urzok why. Why do you make me hate you so.

The one negative thing about the re-introduction of the Fist of Crota mission as permanent means that there are now less people camping Skywatch and other places for Blades of Crota which means less people around to help when Urzok needs to be killed.

Each time I had to kill him, there were at least 3 of us in the area so he went down fast.

NastyBook

Ugh crucible marks are such a pain in the ass to get. Vanguard marks fill up really quick, specially if you farm public events. Crucible marks? You get 3 per win, 2 per loss. Fastest way to get them is through Skirmish really, although playing that solo isn't generally favorable.
PSN: GibbShift. I always need more peeps for Crucible runs.

EDIT: Trying to join a Raid now, though. But defnitely down later. Especially after this work weekend.

I need to kill him too. U still trying?

Just had a failed attempt. Blew myself up with Horn, it was bad. Next Skywatch PE is in 15 minutes if you want to join up in a bit and go sit around there. If somebody can get a bunch of Arc damage on his shield I can throw some 331 I-WoL GHorns at his health bar.

His shield regens crazy fast like Crota so some constant DPS is needed, but doesn't seem like his health bar is too huge if you can keep the shield down enough.

I guess it's because it's a montage, but I usually never get this amount of stupid players in matches who charge head on despite all odds. Most of the time they will hide, strafe, run away if they are losing or use their super in desperation.

Can't wait for inferno, damn sick of supers.

i think the passiveness of the enemies was part of the charm honestly.

i'm excited for inferno too. sounds like it'll be destiny's first tryhard playlist and my team is already stacked.

The one negative thing about the re-introduction of the Fist of Crota mission as permanent means that there are now less people camping Skywatch and other places for Blades of Crota which means less people around to help when Urzok needs to be killed.

Each time I had to kill him, there were at least 3 of us in the area so he went down fast.

Damn, yeah good point. Can't tell how many other people are around on the 2 attempts I've done. We've not been coordinated, that's for sure, haha.

31 Titan here!

Psn: Astropoff

Have your internet ears been burning?

That was awesoe. DGAF tore him down in seconds. Thanks so much Luft and Kartik!

If anyone still needs to do him later let me know and I can help if I'm around. Crazy easy with 2-3 coordinated people.

Lol. Got my 2nd and 3rd Husk of the Pit today.

I got my 1st and 2nd today, just doing the normal Eris bounty grind BS. Already maxed an Eidon Ally, still sucks. Hopes are low for Necrocasm outside of trash situations.

Farming for Husk is one of the worst out of many possible bad Destiny-life decisions.

todd360

I got my 1st and 2nd today, just doing the normal Eris bounty grind BS. Already maxed an Eidon Ally, still sucks. Hopes are low for Necrocasm outside of trash situations.

Farming for Husk is one of the worst out of many possible bad Destiny-life decisions.

Yeah the gun is terrible. I can't see necrocasm being anywhere near as useful as mythoclast.

Stantron

So I had a spare Vex, Found Verdict, Fatebringer, Atheons Ep, and a couple other weapons sitting at my postmaster. I left them there to use as a secondary vault. Well, yesterday, I did a bunch of Roc strikes in a row which gives out a ton of blue engrams and other shit tier gear. Apparently, if you keep collecting stuff at the postmaster, it will push out your old inventory for the most recent, regardless of tier. So goodbye Vex (exotic shard), etc. Just a heads up in case anyone is storing anything valuable in their postmaster.

On another note, it occured to me that I should start stock piling legendary armor engrams in my vault for when the next expansion DLC drops since all my characters already have 31 gear. There's no point in getting more of it. Decryping later will in theory give a chance for whatever the next cap is (33?).

Alucrid

Banned
So I had a spare Vex, Found Verdict, Fatebringer, Atheons Ep, and a couple other weapons sitting at my postmaster. I left them there to use as a secondary vault. Well, yesterday, I did a bunch of Roc strikes in a row which gives out a ton of blue engrams and other shit tier gear. Apparently, if you keep collecting stuff at the postmaster, it will push out your old inventory for the most recent, regardless of tier. So goodbye Vex (exotic shard), etc. Just a heads up in case anyone is storing anything valuable in their postmaster.

On another note, it occured to me that I should start stock piling legendary armor engrams in my vault for when the next expansion DLC drops since all my characters already have 31 gear. There's no point in getting more of it. Decryping later will in theory give a chance for whatever the next cap is (33?).

Probably not. I had a few legendary engrams saved up for this patch and they all decrypted to light level 27 stuff.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Okay so did the ritual of sacrifice mission and it seems we have to return the Urn to Xur -_-

Oh so, like 14 hours to go.

cilonen

Xur is going to sell crap again this weekend isn't he...

I'm thinking Four Horsemen will be the weapon (that no-one wants).

FyreWulff

Won't work that way. What the engram will give you is essentially already determined once you get it.

legendary engrams once you max out are for feeding shards/energy to alts or your guns

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Need 3 for Crota

1. GraveRobberX
2. grimlock33
3. Hzoltan989

Doing Crota, then 1st 2 parts

Top Bottom