• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

SkylineRKR

First Templar kill of this year, finally Fatebringer!

Yesterday I did 2 ROC's before I had to depart for celebrations, I got a MIDA.

Atheon gave me a Universal Remote which I already have a buffed version of. Still no VoC but good haul today.

So I had a spare Vex, Found Verdict, Fatebringer, Atheons Ep, and a couple other weapons sitting at my postmaster. I left them there to use as a secondary vault. Well, yesterday, I did a bunch of Roc strikes in a row which gives out a ton of blue engrams and other shit tier gear. Apparently, if you keep collecting stuff at the postmaster, it will push out your old inventory for the most recent, regardless of tier. So goodbye Vex (exotic shard), etc. Just a heads up in case anyone is storing anything valuable in their postmaster.

On another note, it occured to me that I should start stock piling legendary armor engrams in my vault for when the next expansion DLC drops since all my characters already have 31 gear. There's no point in getting more of it. Decryping later will in theory give a chance for whatever the next cap is (33?).

The engram trick never worked. Or am I wrong? Same with packages from vanguard and such.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hoo i missed some interesting pages during sleep

whoaaa

guys we gotta do 17 pages before 4:00AM EST Friday! i believe in us

make lots of LFG posts and complaints about RNG!

Hard Light (Again) and Radiant Dance Machines from the Nightfall's. Snagged 2 legendary engrams which turned into nothing special.

Ah well.

bosseye

Has the +36 light version of Light Beyond Nemesis (warlock exotic helm) been at Xur already? I'm sitting on my +30 version as I'm quite attached to it and I don't recall seeing the new version at Xur, but I inspected a couple of random players with the same helm and they're already rocking the +36 light version. Did I miss it? If so, who knows how long it will take to cycle around in Xurs stock! It's the only thing keeping me from progressing to lvl 31 at the moment.

I only paid attention for sure towards the end, but the last 2 steps all gave 125 Eris rep apiece (100+NFall), the acolyte/wizard void kills and kill Urzok.

Sadly I need to wait for Xur tomorrow to turn in the last part to Eris, hopefully it gives another 125. If the first two parts (solar fusion thrall kills and melee cursed thralls) and the last one give the same rep, that would be 5x125 = 625 Eris rep for finishing it.

Even if the last step has no rep and only the gauntlets, the first two steps should definitely have some. At minimum it has to be ~450+ rep I would think.

Edit: Also, that last Urn missions is fucking FUN. I wanted exactly something like that on a huuuuge scale with 6 swords to go around and an unholy clusterfuck of Hive enemies of every type. I wanted true chaos.

shem935

Banned
Has the +36 light version of Light Beyond Nemesis (warlock exotic helm) been at Xur already? I'm sitting on my +30 version as I'm quite attached to it and I don't recall seeing the new version at Xur, but I inspected a couple of random players with the same helm and they're already rocking the +36 light version. Did I miss it? If so, who knows how long it will take to cycle around in Xurs stock! It's the only thing keeping me from progressing to lvl 31 at the moment.

Yeah I have upgraded. And then dismantled it because I got skull of ahamkara.

bosseye

Also finally did my first nightfall, two manned that bloody screeching wizard woman with a friend. Took a while.

I got Thunderlord and that was it.

I haven't had fun in Crucible since IB 2.0 the first time for getting alts to L30, which was a blast. Nothing compared to that yet. Playing with a group here sounds fun. Hopefully I can join up the next time :)

Trakan

For anyone who needs Eris rep, be sure to do the Xur/Urn quest. I decided to do it today to get the green exclamation point off my screen, and I was on the Urzok step. Killing Urzok gave 125 rep, and I think when I can turn in the other portion after talking to Xur tomorrow, I'll get another 125.

Rixa

hoo i missed some interesting pages during sleep

whoaaa

guys we gotta do 17 pages before 4:00AM EST Friday! i believe in us

make lots of LFG posts and complaints about RNG!

As utterly shit as RNG is for me (in Exotic weapons / armours). I love my Truth which Xur sold few weeks ago. Helped me (and 2 others) to kill Urzok to my 3rd char.

8 shots <3

Oh yeah. Xur is definetly selling 4th Horseman or Universal remote.
He knows how much I hate shotguns & PVP

I haven't had fun in Crucible since IB 2.0 the first time for getting alts to L30, which was a blast. Nothing compared to that yet. Playing with a group here sounds fun. Hopefully I can join up the next time :)

I want to start a crucible group in 20 mins if anyone else is up for it?

1. Me
2. Xplicitone
3. Reyntimes

For anyone who needs Eris rep, be sure to do the Xur/Urn quest. I decided to do it today to get the green exclamation point off my screen, and I was on the Urzok step. Killing Urzok gave 125 rep, and I think when I can turn in the other portion after talking to Xur tomorrow, I'll get another 125.

Well shit! Everyone kept saying it didn't so I did not bother doing it yet for the useless gauntlets.

I wondered what that was, I thought it was Destiny withdrawal symptoms or something.

I can't believe I actually went two days without logging in...

What were you saying? :3

Go back to my post (#18124) and read from there to post #18170. A bunch of us were having some serious flawless reminiscence.

bosseye

Yeah I have upgraded. And then dismantled it because I got skull of ahamkara.

Well arse. Nevermind.

Skull of Ahamkara looks fucking awesome, I'll wait until that pops up with Xur
or drops, ha ha hahahahahahahAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA yeah right. I never get that sort of luck with RNGesus

I need to do those with my alts just to get that off as well and the last mission is actually fun! Not to mention 5 motes for heroic

I wish they fix the glitch of some DLC stuff because when I go to my Warlock's 2nd gear screen (shaders/sparrow/etc), the up arrow is blinking like I have something new on the 1st screen.

shem935

Banned
Well arse. Nevermind.

Skull of Ahamkara looks fucking awesome, I'll wait until that pops up with Xur
or drops, ha ha hahahahahahahAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA yeah right. I never get that sort of luck with RNGesus

I spammed the helmet engram when xur had it. Currently have 100 motes of light for when he has them next.

Deku Tree

I only paid attention for sure towards the end, but the last 2 steps all gave 125 Eris rep apiece (100+NFall), the acolyte/wizard void kills and kill Urzok.

Sadly I need to wait for Xur tomorrow to turn in the last part to Eris, hopefully it gives another 125. If the first two parts (solar fusion thrall kills and melee cursed thralls) and the last one give the same rep, that would be 5x125 = 625 Eris rep for finishing it.

Even if the last step has no rep and only the gauntlets, the first two steps should definitely have some. At minimum it has to be ~450+ rep I would think.

Edit: Also, that last Urn missions is fucking FUN. I wanted exactly something like that on a huuuuge scale with 6 swords to go around and an unholy clusterfuck of Hive enemies of every type. I wanted true chaos.

Ok I gotta do this now...

Beat you by 2 minutes :)

Well shit! Everyone kept saying it didn't so I did not bother doing it yet for the useless gauntlets.

Definitely gonna do the Urzok stuff this weekend.

Same for me.
But will do it for sure now!

Ok I gotta do this now...

Urzok whooped me twice when I more or less tried to "solo" him. I got help from 2 other gaffers and we wiped the floor with him in seconds, it was great. Super fast arc shield regen, but then his health bar is not much at all.

SkylineRKR

Maybe kicking a dead horse here but we found out you can overrule Oversoul. We played Crota with 4 and apparently we didn't do enough DPS to the oversoul. We wiped but our warlock self revived during the countdown and revived us all and we beat Crota.

None of us knew about this, we were surprised.

Ironhorse

Neo Member
I can use some help knocking out the NF with my lvl 30 hunter. I tried it last night and unbeknownst to me I had my armor switched and was playing at level 29 instead of 30...haha. I got Omnigul down about to 20% health before succumbing, and that is with a fully 331 GH.

XB Live : Faistryker

I am on right now, and would like to finish before the playoff games later this afternoon. Thanks.

Steroyd

And the random person who would float in and out to fill the 6th position if required :p I think he also died during the trip down to the gorgon maze which a certain person did before as well..hmm

Ah, the 6th person who "never" died at the platforming part, everytime at the platforming part, everytime.

Top Bottom