• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I guess I'll be buying the Urn x2 tomorrow haha. I've only completed the bounty on 1 char. Hopefully we can get groups to do the final mission on heroic!

Ah, the 6th person who "never" died at the platforming part, everytime at the platforming part, everytime.

That sequence of words is forever burned in my brain.

"Well, I don't know the spiral so I'll just do my usual way. I never die doing it that way."

--Guardian Down--

Deadly silence

"I can't believe I died. I never die doing it that way."

lol, good that we can laugh about it now.

I guess I'll be buying the Urn x2 tomorrow haha. I've only completed the bounty on 1 char. Hopefully we can get groups to do the final mission on heroic!

Definitely recommend it. I'll do it twice more just for fun, even though I don't care about Eris rep on my alts.

Rixa

Maybe kicking a dead horse here but we found out you can overrule Oversoul. We played Crota with 4 and apparently we didn't do enough DPS to the oversoul. We wiped but our warlock self revived during the countdown and revived us all and we beat Crota.

None of us knew about this, we were surprised.

Any idea how this would handle Enrage? :). Does it end it also? Thanks for sharing this. Sofar our party has done Crota legitime without cheeses, but this is good to know :D

Had a lot of fun running two VoG hard back to back with gaffers yesterday. On the second run wich we blazed through the Vex dropped for me. I was hoping for Fatebringer during Templar but I am stoked to have got the Vex. I didn't have the heart to tell my group that those two Aetheon kills were actually my first two ever hard Atheons clears. I've had to leave before Aetheon or just ran Templar in all my other hard VoG runs. I won't be bitching about RNG for a while.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So we can start the new OT before Xur shows up and the posting rate jumps way up. Don't want to split the Xur posts between OTs.

--This post only exists to cook the books.--
this dude knows what's up

don't you guys see?? we have to generate lots of extra fake activity to maintain the illusion that this is a legitimately active community!

otherwise they will learn the dark secret
that we are all Nami's alt accounts

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any idea how this would handle Enrage? :). Does it end it also? Thanks for sharing this. Sofar our party has done Crota legitime without cheeses, but this is good to know :D
I suppose I don't know for sure, but my instinct is absolutely zero chance you can cancel out enrage in any way.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Anyone want to work on the Urn quest together for the Eris rep?
For the punch five Cursed Thrall one I recommend the Rasputin mission (the bunker one). Just kill one or two thralls and die but don't pick up their essence. Once you have all 5 you're done. Very easy.

For the punch five Cursed Thrall one I recommend the Rasputin mission (the bunker one). Just kill one or two thralls and die but don't pick up their essence. Once you have all 5 you're done. Very easy.

Is that at the part when you are defending the warmind? Which part? A non darkness zone one?

To set a new record! Our first one-Xur thread since like OT4 or something

edit: DAMN I really want to join that Crucible group but I'm not sure about the time

So we can start the new OT before Xur shows up and the posting rate jumps way up. Don't want to split the Xur posts between OTs.

--This post only exists to cook the books.--

Ok, I suppose that's post spam worthy.

Nami slacking, not a single post this page.

joecanada

Let's see how Thorn does in Rumble.

It's a beast. Further to a previous post I had I actually found a "regulator" blue handcannon that did 95 headshot dmg, sooo close to that magic 100. So I think thorn is still the only one that can kill in 2 headshots

It's so difficult to find groups for hard VoG these days. Am I the only one who is in constant need of ascendant energy?

Yes, yes you are. How do you not have a huge stockpile of it by now?

You can usually find a group here, LFG works well too. Most everyone is overleveled now and experienced.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Had a lot of fun running two VoG hard back to back with gaffers yesterday. On the second run wich we blazed through the Vex dropped for me. I was hoping for Fatebringer during Templar but I am stoked to have got the Vex. I didn't have the heart to tell my group that those two Aetheon kills were actually my first two ever hard Atheons clears. I've had to leave before Aetheon or just ran Templar in all my other hard VoG runs. I won't be bitching about RNG for a while.
Haha nice dude. Those runs were pretty smooth. I got a Hard Light when you got your Vex. FB eluded the team though.

EL CUCO

I know I am no position to be bitching about drops anymore but I have an observation that Dead Orbit has to have the crapiest packages I've ever seen.

Earlier, I posted about receiving 1 mote of light and glimmer...

Well I just ranked it up again. This time I got 1 Ass energy and glimmer... the road to D.O. Shader is a cruel one.

btkadams

Yes, yes you are. How do you not have a huge stockpile of it by now?

You can usually find a group here, LFG works well too. Most everyone is overleveled now and experienced.

I still like to do it for the chance at fatebringer and exotics. Got a hawkmoon in the last one I did.

I think so, after getting freaking 8 Ass Energy as a Nightfall reward I know I hope I never get enough drop for them again.
Maybe I should dismantle more of my legendary weapons or something. I keep a bunch in case I want to give an alt one (don't have any alts yet though). I should hopefully be done with ascendant energy on this character for a while after a couple more VoG runs though. I do have a stockpile of ascendant shards, but not energy.

But yeah, If anyone wants to run hard VoG right now, let me know.

I know I am no position to be bitching about drops anymore but I have an observation that Dead Orbit has to have the crapiest packages I've ever seen.

Earlier, I posted about receiving 1 mote of light and glimmer...

Well I just ranked it up again. This time I got 1 Ass energy and glimmer... the road to D.O. Shader is a cruel one.

It's all RNG. Although I do wonder if the factions have slightly worse drop rates considering they have less overall gear compared to Vanguard/Crucible Quartermasters.

rNilla

I have yet to touch Dragon's Breath. Maybe I'll start using it with my Warlock since I have two Horns. Too many other things to level up though.

Maybe I should dismantle more of my legendary weapons or something. I keep a bunch in case I want to give an alt one (don't have any alts yet though). I should hopefully be done with ascendant energy on this character for a while after a couple more VoG runs though. I do have a stockpile of ascendant shards, but not energy.

But yeah, If anyone wants to run hard VoG right now, let me know.

After the DLC dropped, I dismantled nearly all my 300 weapons. Only kept around AE for voidburn and a scout rifle that I am very fond of. Everything else got the scrap treatment.

I'm also the opposite. I have very few shards. I never had a stockpile since they are used immediately to upgrade whatever I have. I plan to get a stockpile for the next DLC drop. Should hopefully give me a better start.

Top Bottom