• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ghazi

Hope so too.
Oh well, at least I'm having fun discovering the joys a being a voidwalker with a super filling up hella fast. ^^

Also, to back up my words from earlier: raid warlock with the last IB shader.
VoG set looked so much better with Goldspiral, no contest.

Dear RNGesus,

I now have every exotic weapon currently obtainable in the game except for Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, and Dragon Breath... I've been playing since launch day and I am missing some of the most OP weapons in the game and I don't care. I carried a 27 through Nightfall last week and they got a GHorn and I don't care. I can do more with less. I can take down Crota's shield with my Truth. I can spend a few more minutes DPSing bosses with weaker weapons instead of annihilating them with the horn. I can sneak up a little closer instead of terrorizing from a distance with a Hawkmoon. I can get by with my Super Good Advice instead of Thunderlord. And Dragons Breath is a meh anyway... So you can keep your OP weapons RNGesus. I become a better player the longer I don't have them as a crutch to fall back on.

Sincerely, Deku

Haha! looks like Cuco started something here with these letters.

Dear Bungiii

Pls remove Ass shards and energy from legendary engrams. I dont want them and screw you for giving me hope. Today i got two engrams turning in to crap and i got lvl 9 with Dead orbit hoping for Revenant but no Ass shard, energy and a vanguard comendation or whatever.

If i want Energy, shards ill run VoG or the daily missions, thank you.

Well it's been a productive week so far. Got both my characters to 31, and one is missing 4 upgrades to reach 32. Also got Thorn, Black Hammer and both exotic Titan helms maxed out.

Just waiting for Xur, hope he has some heavy ammo synth to stock up.

Looking forward to next week's grind :)

JTran2003

Need 21 radiant shard to reach 32. Already did crota on 2 characters... Either I have to wait til reset or maybe a team is kind enough to carry my 27 hunter through it? ;)

todd360

Just beat another nightfall. My sister got dragonsbreath and I got no land beyond lol. I knew it would be dumb to buy it. Good thing I didn't waste coins.

gdt

There's a big problem in that for high level players, ass shards are useless. Neither raid gear not exotics use them, but Nightfalls and Dailys and engrams (fuck!) keep spitting them out. I'm about at the point where I don't need to do dailys anymore (all my gear is leveled, and they give no weapon xp). I'll only do them from now on if they are related to a bounty or something.

Cuco also convinced people that t-bagging a chest before opening it gives you better rewards.

Dude that didn't fail last time! Between the tea bags, Crota and the Gorgon's chest 9 exotics between all of us. Gjallarhorn, Suros, Truth x2, Red Death x2, Patience & Time and Dragon's Breath x2. I'd never seen that.

Deku Tree

Need 21 radiant shard to reach 32. Already did crota on 2 characters... Either I have to wait til reset or maybe a team is kind enough to carry my 27 hunter through it? ;)

I just looked up your Hunter on DestinyStatus.com

http://destinystatus.com/psn/JTran2003

Here is what you do: get to Vanguard rank 2, buy some 33 light boots, do the Eris Urn quest to get some 33 light gloves, max out all your armor, then your a 31. But you need to get the urn quest done before Xur leaves.

If someone carries you through nightfall then weekly 30 that's 1000 vanguard rep right there.

There's a big problem in that for high level players, ass shards are useless. Neither raid gear not exotics use them, but Nightfalls and Dailys and engrams (fuck!) keep spitting them out. I'm about at the point where I don't need to do dailys anymore (all my gear is leveled, and they give no weapon xp). I'll only do them from now on if they are related to a bounty or something.

Yeah. Compared to other games heavy on currencies Bungie has done a poor job exchanging currencies.

Ass shards are useless now if you are on the road to 32 looking for radiant shards.

JTran2003

I just looked up your Hunter on DestinyStatus.com

http://destinystatus.com/psn/JTran2003

Here is what you do: get to Vanguard rank 2, buy some 33 light boots, do the Eris Urn quest to get some 33 light gloves, max out all your armor, then your a 31. But you need to get the urn quest done before Xur leaves.

I have been neglecting my hunter very much. Could be cause he is my third character and don't feel like grinding with him. want to finish the other two. Guess it will give me something to do before the reset. Or I could finish the story for I only finished earth. Only moon has been unlocked...

Zakalwe

Banned
Lol you should have been around when they first started happening. One particular group of chatty Kathy Gaffers got the trophy early on but nobody else really tried for it. I finally scrounged up a group of raggamuffins to try it a couple times. We had one run with Atheon less than 10% when a certain special someone blew themselves up with a rocket. No need to name names, history has forgotten (
but I haven't
).

They patched the "Atheon is afraid of fire that does negligible damage to him" cheese. But it required one wipe in the GK/Atheon room before it would load correctly. On flawless runs, his teleports would be super random and include anywhere from 0 (usually) to 3 (very rarely) people. Glitched portals could happen every time but it would usually sort itself out eventually.

Anything less than 3 ported, we'd run the relic outside and DPS without T's Vengeance. My first flawless had 8 straight portal rounds with only 0 or 1 (me) person. We killed him with no T's V maybe ~10 seconds before enrage. Good times. I'm like an old man telling the same stories over and over. ;_;

No one remembers!

We all remember. ;_;

Those flawless runs were the best and the worst of my Destiny experience. We were so stubbornly determined, so idiotically masochistic, but the feeling when he finally dropped... well, I wouldn't trade that.

You guys are fucking legend. You know who you are.

gdt

I can't wait for the hard raid. But here's a thought. If again Only Crota drops weapons then the rest of the hard raid will be useless to everyone who's a 32 already. Meaning Crota checkpoints galore, even moreso than now. Unless there really are extra exclusive hard raid sections....

Deku Tree

I can't wait for the hard raid. But here's a thought. If again Only Crota drops weapons then the rest of the hard raid will be useless to everyone who's a 32 already. Meaning Crota checkpoints galore, even moreso than now. Unless there really are extra exclusive hard raid sections....

People will still need radiant shards and energies for their alts when it is time for Hard Raid.

I showed Hawkian last night. We couldn't reach it either.

I just watched the "solo the deathsinger" video, and it shows that the invisible wall is continuous. The guy actually platforms over the wall, not through a hole in it. Sadly, I can't imagine that kind of platforming would be necessary if there was an intended secret up there. Probably something silly in the code left over from the bridge that requires a gatekeeper to spawn with a swordbearer. So the just stick the gatekeeper up there and out of the way. Would have been nice to put him in a closet so we don't waste time speculating.

Edit:

Huh? Where is he?

In the room directly above the hug it out crystal.

People will still need radiant shards and energies for their alts when it is time for Hard Raid.

Likely energy more than shards by that point. I'll have 2 level 32 characters at minimum before the hard raid comes out. If I'm lucky all 3.

Just like ass shards and energy. Shards will be useless first.

Deku Tree

I just watched the "solo the deathsinger" video, and it shows that the invisible wall is continuous. The guy actually platforms over the wall, not through a hole in it. Sadly, I can't imagine that kind of platforming would be necessary if there was an intended secret up there. Probably something silly in the code left over from the bridge that requires a gatekeeper to spawn with a swordbearer. So the just stick the gatekeeper up there and out of the way. Would have been nice to put him in a closet so we don't waste time speculating.

Maybe the gatekeeper is up there as cheese prevention... Just in case...

Wow Templar checkpoint just gave my friend 2 fatebringers?? WTF I've never seen it reward two of the same gun.

Edit: I see that's not that weird. Crazy I've never seen it

Korosenai

Spent 3 days making a new hunter for a chance at the chest piece, and I got my 10th pair of boots. I already know I won't get the helmet during Crota either, so this was a waste lol.

Alucrid

Banned

doesn't hard have a different armor set?

Likely energy more than shards by that point. I'll have 2 level 32 characters at minimum before the hard raid comes out. If I'm lucky all 3.

Just like ass shards and energy. Shards will be useless first.

seems like a moot point considering that you can trade them in at eris

Ghazi

Edit:

In the room directly above the hug it out crystal.
Oh, I've seen multiple dead ones in that upper level after killing Crota.

Top Bottom