• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Frenden

Banned
Tower Transmissions
Notes from the Speaker
Mote the Merrier
Gjall Listening?

Most of those suck. But, puns, alliteration, in-jokes, portmanteaus... we can come up with something.

todd360

Tower Transmissions
Notes from the Speaker
Mote the Merrier
Gjall Listening?

Most of those suck. But, puns, alliteration, in-jokes, portmanteaus... we can come up with something.

Tower transmissions is actually not that bad. I like it. We need to have a vote or something once we think of a bunch.

cilonen

Not bad. Keep going.

Speaker's Thoughts.

"I could tell you of all the things that happened in the world of Destiny this week, of level 32 and it's ancient enemy, RNG. Lately those tales have fallen quiet. The guardians are scared of RNGeesus anyway."

Deku Tree

Dear RNGesus,

I now have every exotic weapon currently obtainable in the game except for Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, and Dragon Breath... I've been playing since launch day and I am missing some of the most OP weapons in the game and I don't care. I carried a 27 through Nightfall last week and they got a GHorn and I don't care. I can do more with less. I can take down Crota's shield with my Truth. I can spend a few more minutes DPSing bosses with weaker weapons instead of annihilating them with the horn. I can sneak up a little closer instead of terrorizing from a distance with a Hawkmoon. I can get by with my Super Good Advice instead of Thunderlord. And Dragons Breath is a meh anyway... So you can keep your OP weapons RNGesus. I become a better player the longer I don't have them as a crutch to fall back on.

Sincerely, Deku

Been grinding them for 3 days: only ever got blues. :(

They seem to be a lot better than the Tiger Playlist was prior to the expansion. Hope you get something soon

Btw my legendary engram turned into shards :( at least make them turn into fucking radiant materials bungie. Wtf???

Frenden

Banned
Anyone else feel like merging Crucible and Vanguard marks and commendations, while raising the cap to 200, would make factions and the like a lot more useable?

Could it speed up the grind too much? They're big on progress gates, but the currencies could use streamlining. And this would fix the whole Vanguard marks and quicker to earn than Crucible marks thing.

Dear RNGesus,

I now have every exotic weapon currently obtainable in the game except for Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, and Dragon Breath... I've been playing since launch day and I am missing some of the most OP weapons in the game and I don't care. I carried a 27 through Nightfall last week and they got a GHorn and I don't care. I can do more with less. I can take down Crota's shield with my Truth. I can spend a few more minutes DPSing bosses with weaker weapons instead of annihilating them with the horn. I can sneak up a little closer instead of terrorizing from a distance with a Hawkmoon. I can get by with my Super Good Advice instead of Thunderlord. And Dragons Breath is a meh anyway... So you can keep your OP weapons RNGesus. I become a better player the longer I don't have them as a crutch to fall back on.

Sincerely, Deku

You use a rocket launcher on crota? Man, why do you need that 'crutch'?

Dear RNGesus,

Sincerely, Deku

YAY! A new member to the club. Glad to have you on board. It's been a bit lonely since we lost El Curo.

Frenden

Banned
All joking aside, I've been forcing myself to not equip Ice Breaker because it trivializes so many of the game's encounters and have been having a lot of fun ROC farming.

Drunken Titan shotgun-fest, ahoy.

phen0m24

So I've mentioned this before, but I really think we should make a destiny podcast. Just like how personagaf has an amazing podcast. I can take care of everything, but I need a good name before I try to make it happen. Would you guys like a podcast? Would you like to be on the podcast? If so, give me a name we can be proud of.
Tales from the Mothyards

I'm getting excited. I'll start work on it tomorrow after work.

Welcome to the mythocast.

tumblr_lrrzaqMMTZ1qhs577o1_250.gif

Is that like the guy from Mystery Men that can only turn invisible when no one is watching him?

lol. Maybe. Sometimes when I'm on tower guard duty and I've killed the melee knight, and I know that I have some time with nothing to do... I'll start unloading on Crota, and the small but constant stream from a clip of VoC will really wear his shields down. Maybe someone else is doing the same thing, but I sometimes I feel like it's mostly me.

The shield will instantly go back up if I reload, so I usually just leave it at that. However, I've been tempted to switch to IB and take a shot at the end of a clip to see if I can break it on my own. I just don't want to mess up the timing.

Hope so too.
Oh well, at least I'm having fun discovering the joys a being a voidwalker with a super filling up hella fast. ^^

Also, to back up my words from earlier: raid warlock with the last IB shader.

That looks really nice. Female warlock model looks so much nicer than the male. I'm thinking of deleting my male warlock and creating a female lol

Don't think I can go through that level 1-20 grind ever again though

Top Bottom