• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

gdt

People will still need radiant shards and energies for their alts when it is time for Hard Raid.

Not for much longer. All my alts are 32 ready and with the double shards in hard mode + Eris it won't take long at all to get them all there. I should have 2 ready by hard mode, maybe 3 if I include getting Eris to rank 4 before then.

I really hope so. The Titan raid armour is :hideous:

Transmog please, Bungie.

Please. ;_;

I highly doubt there will be. There wasn't for VoG. If anything they made it easier and had the helmet in normal mode in CE as it was exclusive to hard for VoG.

VoG has an armour set for each class in the data mining that never materialized, same with CE. Likely for some sort of extreme mode after House of Wolves or something.

gdt

Or maybe they can go really nuts and do a weekly modifier for the Vault of Glass lvl 32. Changes every week. Juggler, lightswitch, epic, whatever. Make it drop lvl 32 VoG gear and 331 legendaries. And when House of Wolves comes out alternate it with Crota's End to keep both of them relevant. And more exotic chances.

JTran2003

Hunter just hit 28. Still need legendary boots which would probably make me hit 29 but have a long way til I hit vanguard/crucible rank 2. Need to start the eris urn missions so off to finish the wakening mission. If anyone wishes to join then feel free to do so.

I thought 32 was max level, so having new armour just for hard mode seems unlikely. We'll see.

Yeah I really don't know what the new armour could offer. The current armour set has perks that aren't really a big deal but will likely be a game changer for hard mode. Like having the sword boosting agility (likely a shorter timer on how long the sword spawns for) and faster reload with over soul (likely over soul will appear every 30 seconds or so since with no revives a death on the team is punishment enough).

Ghazi

Yeah, they are alive during the match, and only one at the beginning. We were thinking that if you could get the sword up there and kill it, maybe something cool would happen.
Yeah, like someone mentioned earlier, the most probable event is that Swordbearer spawns are tied to Gatekeeper ones. So, they stashed them up there. CE has a ton of smart work arounds for the limitations in enemy count and area size that it has to deal with it.

E92 M3

I've been saying for a while that Bungie marginalized ass shards too much. They are the most useless material right now.

On another note, after this expansion there are so many 31s it's harder to find skilled players by level. I like to run VOG for fun and I've ran into so many 31s that have no idea what to do or die all the time. Most frustrating thing.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone still need to run the weekly? I have the next couple hours free.

It's been a busy week for me. I still have to run the Weekly and Nightfall with three 30+ characters. PSN, FRENDEN. Probably won't be on until tomorrow, though. Getting over the flu.

I'm feeling pretty god. I got my second Titan four levels today, stopping at level 16. By this weekend I'll certainly be able to run Crota's End again for more shards. I am finding to be 32!

Jinjo

Yeah, like someone mentioned earlier, the most probable event is that Swordbearer spawns are tied to Gatekeeper ones. So, they stashed them up there. CE has a ton of smart work arounds for the limitations in enemy count and area size that it has to deal with it.

Definitely. I think that's why enemies just stop spawning if you blast yourself up a level with one the lamps. Might not be such an easy fix for Bungie on that one.

gdt

75 coins and 75 motes ready for Xur.

Still have 1 weekly left to do as well.

Bring it Xur. Do it up for 2015. Suros. Obsidian Mind. Starfire/Voidfang. Give it me.

And my friend needs an exotic Titan helmet for Lvl 32.

75 coins and 75 notes ready for Xur.

Still have 1 weekly left to do as well.

Bring it Xur. Do it up for 2015. Suros. Obsidian Mind. Starfire/Voidfang. Give it me.

And my friend needs an exotic Titan helmet for Lvl 32.

I wonder if we will see an exotic engram. It was there for 2 weeks then gone. Maybe it will be 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off?

My wish list:
Helm of Saint 14
Red Death
Skull of Amarkara
Radiant Dance Machines

Shito

I hate finishing a session and end up at 18 points from ranking up a faction.
Now I have to go back to doing two quick patrols, only to get crappy energy and a crucible recommendation.
Come on Dead Orbit, try and make me wrong here!

I think the excitement of Xur will help keep me awake to do the double bounty trick for Eris.

I did it for two days and then passed out trying to do it the past 2 days.

God damnit.

Bungie just give everyone double the bounties daily!

gdt

Fixed that for you ;)

I've gotten 2. Almost Sharded the first 1 when I was a newbie and didn't think I was gonna make alts. Gaf convinced me to keep it and now it's probably my favorite exotic armor. Got a second one the first day of the new dlc in the nightfall.

I'm good.

Edit: and he's never gonna sell it. Same with Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker.

Deku Tree

I haven't been putting exotic shards into several exotic weapons that I upgraded fully up to the exotic shard.

Sure I put an exotic shard into my Ice Breaker and maybe other weapons that I use regularly... But exotic shards seem valuable and if I don't use a weapon regularly then I'm not sure why I should put an exotic shard into it.

In general the whole exotic shard system seems rushed and poorly thought out.

Is there really a huge difference between 321 attack and 331 attack most of the time?

I think the excitement of Xur will help keep me awake to do the double bounty trick for Eris.

God damnit.

After Xur brings disappointment, you'll crash in misery.

LiK

God damnit.

No Land Beyond!

JTran2003

I haven't been putting exotic shards into several exotic weapons that I upgraded fully up to the exotic shard.

Sure I put an exotic shard into my Ice Breaker and maybe other weapons that I use regularly... But exotic shards seem valuable and if I don't use a weapon regularly then I'm not sure why I should put an exotic shard into it.

Is there really a huge difference between 321 attack and 331 attack most of the time?

I don't think it makes that huge of a difference, just more shots required.I do the same thing, save my shards for weapons/gear that I use regularly.

I've been saying for a while that Bungie marginalized ass shards too much. They are the most useless material right now.

On another note, after this expansion there are so many 31s it's harder to find skilled players by level. I like to run VOG for fun and I've ran into so many 31s that have no idea what to do or die all the time. Most frustrating thing.

I don't think so, they may be useless for everyone who is running CE on every account, but for me and the vast majority. We still need them. I am leveling one alt up still and I want to have enough to not be a roadblock for my main when Level 33 gear is sold by vendors next DLC. I still have a long way to go for that.

Sullichin

As someone who desperately wants Gjallarhorn, I'm having fun with Dragon's Breath. You can sell Gjallarhorn now Xur.

Legendary primary engram just turned to energy. I've been getting a good amount of legendary engrams lately though. Got The Trolley Problem Fusion rifle with Accelerated Coils. Once it has that perk, it will have faster charge time than Plan C and more impact, with almost the same range. Should be pretty good! The other perks (Who's Next? and Performance Bonus) aren't too great though.

Top Bottom