• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh wow I didn't know that twitter was you. I don't really need help getting it started. I can make the website and set everything up myself. I just need a core group of people for the actual discussions and I'll ask for guests here. It would probably be a monthly podcast because I don't think we would have enough stuff to talk about every 2 weeks or so. I just need a name I can get behind and then I can make the stuff we need this weekend.

Destiny Disaster Report
"Where a roll of the dice is your downfall!"

SkylineRKR

Also I've done the unthinkable, there was no way in hell I could level that many exotic to net me double exotic shards, so I just started sharding doubles/taking up space

Dragon's Breath x2
Bad Juju (331)
Hawkmoon (300)
Invective (331) x2
Suros Regime (331)
Universal Remote (300)

>_>;

I've sharded an Invective and Remote. Which is nothing stellar but can raise a Gjallarhorn I sharded today. I wanted to keep it on my alt and level it, but I also got MIDA yesterday and Fatebringer today. I've got enough stuff to level. Especially if Xur is going to offer Hard Light or Thunderlord.

But he will either offer No Land Beyond, or MIDA (which would make sense since I just got it).

GraveRobberX

I've sharded an Invective and Remote. Which is nothing stellar but can raise a Gjallarhorn I sharded today. I wanted to keep it on my alt and level it, but I also got MIDA yesterday and Fatebringer today. I've got enough stuff to level.

Weird thing is

I have 2 Invectives, 2 Thorns, 2 Bad Juju's, and 2 Super Good Advice coming again! from the bounties I'm finishing up on my 3 chars...
So that's another 7 extra exotic shards, will be keeping 1 Thorn to max @331

So I've mentioned this before, but I really think we should make a destiny podcast. Just like how personagaf has an amazing podcast. I can take care of everything, but I need a good name before I try to make it happen. Would you guys like a podcast? Would you like to be on the podcast? If so, give me a name we can be proud of.

Reset

Frenden

Banned
Oh wow I didn't know that twitter was you. I don't really need help getting it started. I can make the website and set everything up myself. I just need a core group of people for the actual discussions and I'll ask for guests here. It would probably be a monthly podcast because I don't think we would have enough stuff to talk about every 2 weeks or so. I just need a name I can get behind and then I can make the stuff we need this weekend.

The site-building aspect of it was what kept me from going forward. I just didn't have the time.

That said, I'm an illustrator and can make cover art if you need a hand. Or a voice if you need a guest or core group member. I'm down to help however.

Weird thing is

I have 2 Invectives, 2 Thorns, 2 Bad Juju's, and 2 Super Good Advice coming again! from the bounties I'm finishing up on my 3 chars...

I decided to just hold onto my Exotic bounties untIL House of Wolves and get the upgraded versions. I don't care about it taking bounty space or the extra exotic shards. I am lucky to do 10 bounties a week now.

SkylineRKR

Weird thing is

Yeah I've got an SGA and invective coming up. Those exotic shards aren't so bad indeed. I never bought one. Last 2 Crota and Atheon kills were dupe exotics as well, so 2 shards.

Plus, Xur is likely going to sell engrams. Which will probably be another few useless exotics.

GraveRobberX

I decided to just hold onto my Exotic bounties untIL House of Wolves and get the upgraded versions. I don't care about it taking bounty space or the extra exotic shards. I am lucky to do 10 bounties a week now.

I do roughly 35 Bounties over 3 characters daily
It was insane when it was Iron Banner week... add +18 more @_@!

Wow, I don't have the determination for stuff like that. I typically can't play for long sessions, my body has to take breaks no matter how much I like a game. I was doing 10 or so bounties a day and it was killing my drive. Now I just collect the easy 100 rep bounties whatever Eris over a few days and knock them out in one sitting once or twice a week.

SkylineRKR

I rolled a No Land Beyond last night in nightfall, what is this gun some sort of joke? or some type of challenge to bring to the crucible lol

Its useless as it is now, but they can make it a long range beast. It needs a perk that grants a short time of double damage after a headshot. That way you can one shot people in Crucible (and this probably won't happen that often to consider it outright OP). And the bolt action needs to change.

GraveRobberX

Tower radio? I can't think of anything amazing

Rahool's Roadhouse!

Roadhouse!:
cGjQ0CB.gif

GhaleonEB

Now that you mention it, I do think it kind of favors you when you are still holding Rare gear. Legendary rolls and engrams seem to be strictly RNG, but I did notice on both my characters getting fewer engram drops for slots once they became Legendary and Exotic.

It is such a short phase in the overall end-game that you may not notice it.

Makes sense. And thinking back to my two characters, their rare level gear did tend to even out around the higher levels, as I started getting legendaries. As you said, it's a narrow window of time (Nat is about to blow through it - she'll be level 29 when she upgrades stuff tomorrow). Nice touch to the loot system.

She has 40 engrams to cash in tomorrow. May Rahool have mercy on her soul.

hydruxo

Do you enjoy doing all those bounties? I'm just curious. Personally that seems like it'd be such a pain to do everyday, I don't know how you do it and aren't bored to death.

GraveRobberX

Do you enjoy doing all those bounties? I'm just curious. Personally that seems like it'd be such a pain to do everyday, I don't know how you do it and aren't bored to death.

"No Life", "Gotta Go Fast to fill dem' rank bars!"
Yes I do, I even make a game out of it

You won't believe how fast I can get the bounties done
Some GAFfers know how fast I work at them, have locations set for almost all bounties
Hell I even do the long boring ones that net you roughly only +50 rep/2500 xp like Cleansing light, but I can knock it out in less than 20 minutes

SkylineRKR

96 coins and 123 motes.

I'd spend all those coins on a single purchase if it was Hawkmoon.

Yes I would.

Me too. Still don't have it. But i'm getting there. I think I only don't have Hard Light, Hawkmoon and Thunderlord from the old Exotic pool. The new ones (4th and Shark) I don't really want.

Went from 1780 grimoire points to 2110 in 1 day by getting some ghosts. Still have more than half of them missing.

Good job on Bungie placing the ghost in places most people would never explore. Seen some great areas that I just never went to because I needed these ghosts.

Could be.

I got back from vacation on Saturday, and my daughter gets back tonight. Since she got new gear right before she left, and wanted to run the raid this weekend, I've been doing some bounties each day on her character, leveling up her gear (but not selecting the perks, she'll get to do that). I've also been accumulating engrams, so she can cash them all in when she gets back.

She has an exotic primary and an exotic helm. Over the week, I got two primary weapon engrams, and two helm engrams.

Her specialty weapon, heavy weapon and chest armor are still rare level gear. I have 9 specialty weapon engrams, 7 heavy weapon and 6 for chest.

If it's pure RNG it's one heck of a coincidence that she's getting drops for the slots with the lowest ranked gear. Maybe there just aren't very many for helms and primaries, dunno.

Well....

Maybe you are on to something. Consider the game doesn't recognize raid gear as special, just legendary. I almost always use raid primary/exotic special/raid heavy as my load out, and I don't think I've rolled a special weapon exotic in a long time. Actually, I don't even know what the other specials are since the only special I ever remember rolling was P&T. Mostly MIDA, Vex, and Truth. Also a Universal Remote and No Land Beyond. Still didn't help me get a GiggidyHorn.

someday

Banned
Went from 1780 grimoire points to 2110 in 1 day by getting some ghosts. Still have more than half of them missing.

Good job on Bungie placing the ghost in places most people would never explore. Seen some great areas that I just never went to because I needed these ghosts.
destinyghosthunter.net is your friend. Someone posted it here yesterday or so.

GraveRobberX

Well time for a nap, catch ya'll later tonight, need NF/Weekly on my Hunter if someone is on around 10-11pm EST hopefully

Doing Vanguard ROC. Got a plan C (shards) and a legendary engram (special weapon). Two strikes later some guy gets a Hawkmoon. ROC strikes are pretty fruitful

destinyghosthunter.net is your friend. Someone posted it here yesterday or so.

Yep amazing site, it's what I'm using right now. After I knock out all of the ghost I might make a Titan on Tuesday after I do NF on my 3 hunters. Trying to hit the max for grimoire points. Going to be fun.

Top Bottom