• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

SnakeEyes

Banned
The gauntlets are basically a one armed version of the raid gauntlets (so picture the raid gauntlets, but for one arm pretty much). Got them, got raid gauntlets like right after, took off and they are now sitting there.
The only thing that they're missing is the left shoulder blade. You still get the gauntlet, but the left and right sides use different colours.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Anyone have VoG Hard Atheon or Templar checkpoints? Hoping to complete these before the reset as I'm still without a Vex or Fatebringer.

If you get a Templar checkpoint and need one, invite me. Level 31 Defender Titan. PSN Tokunbo. I need that Fatebringer.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Really? I love Thorn as well and agree it's better than TLW but Hawkmoon? That thing one shots people in Crucible.
That one shot thing is very rare though. With thorn you can disorient people and cause havoc from a long range. Plus, it is very very easy to headshot people with it. I think most of my Thorn kills have been from headshots.

Haha no of course not, that's why I posted, just to make sure. Charging my mic so no voice and then I try to leave right after he dies to save the check point there for future bounties.

FYI: Weekly Vanguard and Crucible marks reset in about 3 hours, at 4am EST every Tuesday morning.

Holy crap, I feel stupid for always finishing the mission. Never occurred to me to keep a checkpoint there...

GlamFM

Banned
Looking for a group to end Crota with right after the reset.

Level 31 Titan.

Fatebringer
Ballerhorn
V2 IceBreaker

Have done it twice before.

Any takers?

joecanada

The Chance from FWC has great impact and field scout. TFWPKY from the Crucible is also a decent alternative.

The vendor Devil You Don't unfortunately blows.

Yes thanks for this I'm liking the look of tfwpky. Looks good big impact big mag, I can deal. Will check out fwc too but I have no rep with them I'm a level 3.9 crucible, 3 dead orbit, vanguard 8 or something... I could probably earn tfwpky and level it before earning rep with fwc, no?
Thanks again so hyped to buy a decent handcannon.

Question - wtf do I buy with all my vanguard rep? I don't see one thing I want... How long till next dlc lol
Maybe a purple rocket launcher or sniper, any recommendations?

R0ckman

I'm wondering if there is something effecting the RNG for this or if its a coincidence. This is rare to get but out of maybe 5 of my "On the Bright Side" matches I have gotten 3 exotics. Just today I got one and received Dragon's Breath for the first time. Kind of interesting, I got the highest score in the game, but my team just sucked so much there was no saving the them, I guess there's one benefit of playing with randoms after all haha.

Is there anyone that knows how to solo the first portion of Crotas End? I have a level 28 that I'd like to get the first reward with. If someone could do it with my Titan inside I'd really appreciate it! Hoping to get it before the reset but having trouble making it on the cannon spot without dying at this level. I could return the favor with my Warlock if you have a lower level.
PSN: SquallASF

jadedm17

I'm wondering if there is something effecting the RNG for this or if its a coincidence. This is rare to get but out of maybe 5 of my "On the Bright Side" matches I have gotten 3 exotics. Just today I got one and received Dragon's Breath for the first time. Kind of interesting, I got the highest score in the game, but my team just sucked so much there was no saving the them, I guess there's one benefit of playing with randoms after all haha.
It's a roll, you can get lucky just as someone can be unlucky. Congrats for being special. Enjoy.

I've got a Templar checkpoint on Hard. Just need the bodies. I have 2 in party. Will send you a FR.

I've never done hard but I'm a 31 warlock with decent weps if you need one on ps4. notjaded

Looking for a group to end Crota with right after the reset.

Level 31 Titan.

Fatebringer
Ballerhorn
V2 IceBreaker

Have done it twice before.

Any takers?

Our group is full but I may have a non-gaffer buddy with a group looking for 1 or 2 more. Dude is very cool, very legit. Only other guy to run sword and get my alts loot, ha. I'll post again after I hear.

Trace

Banned

I've never gotten an exotic from crucible after about 150 matches, and I've gotten 16 "On the Bright Side" medals out of that, they don't seem to do anything.

joecanada

I've never gotten an exotic from crucible after about 150 matches, and I've gotten 16 "On the Bright Side" medals out of that, they don't seem to do anything.

Yes I've logged dozens of hours in crucible never received or even seen one exotic handed out, ever. Maybe 2 purple engrams in all that time.
The only place I've ever received anything is nightfall that includes strikes, everything.

GutZ31

AdamKoy, thanks for the Crota check point, and putting up with the slow start. Glad you were able to get some stuff from it.

We are so experienced, we leave no team member behind, expect Lik due to him being 28 =/
Lol can my 28 Titan join for first two parts of even just the first? I can solo bridge with ice breaker if I can just get the first reward before reset. IB upgraded and maxed and I might be able to hit 29, going to find out as soon as I load the tower and use the mats my primary just dumped in

Rehsa

Finally got in first Crota kill after having to leave two groups this weekend (damn RL lol) got Black Hammer aww yiss

breakfuss

Hmm. I should probably try to run the weekly 2x before the reset. Bleh...such a pain. I'm running low on my coin reserves though lol. Watch this be the week they offer everything I've ever wanted.

got my Husk of the Pit, I wasn't even trying. I was killing Hive Ultra Majors and bumped into Sword Guy in the Cosmodrome in the Steppes, killed him....... got a Husk of The Pit.

I'm one bounty away from Level 3 with Eris, so Orb will be bought tomorow

Jinjo

Wow to maximize PTE's now, you have to Planet Hop, Jeez...

Earth to Mars to Moon to net you 12 Mark in 20 minutes...

What's the sequence for that? Which areas?

Seems like doing strikes might be better though. Most strikes take max 10 minutes (and if they don't just quit) and you get the cryptarch engram(s).

hydruxo

Such a shame all the new exotic weapons are underwhelming. Hopefully Bungie goes back to the drawing board with the guns they've got coming in House of Wolves. No Land Beyond especially needs a serious buff.

That feeling when you bang your head against a wall for weeks because your raid group has absolutely no coordination and basically just shoot the endless thrall thinking they are contributing. They don't even bring heavy synths, wtf.

Anyone have a crota checkpoint =D? lol

Unfortunately...

Edit: Squall- was going to send you invite but saw you were already in CE. Me and one other are going to do a NF and weekly after if you need either.

We are so experienced, we leave no team member behind, expect Lik due to him being 28 =/

Abandoning him was honestly the secret to our successful run. We still almost got him across. Gaf Loyalty ftw.

R0ckman

Yes I've logged dozens of hours in crucible never received or even seen one exotic handed out, ever. Maybe 2 purple engrams in all that time.
The only place I've ever received anything is nightfall that includes strikes, everything.

Wow, there was a weekend I got two truths in crucible. On the other hand, I never got anything from VoG armor wise except the gauntlets, even though that raid is behind me, I'm still pissed about that. Where can I see my total amount of crucible matches?

Thanks to hawkian's party for the iron banner and glimmer farm. Productive night(Aside from the 30 some odd shards from the hard raid -___-)

Also lol at people quoting me while I was away.

cilonen

So I just hit Venus in game (Only Level 12 though) and I love this game so much so far, that I bought The Dark Below so I can continue on after I get higher. Smart choice or still too early to tell?

It's a solid addition. Bear in mind that it feels designed for people who had got through the level 20-25 gap which is not obvious when finishing the story, so if you dive in straight away after finishing Mars it'll most likely kick your ass.

The best way not to get disheartened during that 20-25 period is to read Hawkian's guides. As soon as you're lv18 start hitting up public events for Vanguard Marks and start picking up the Vanguard bounties now so you can rank Vanguard up to level 2 pretty quickly and get your first vendor legendary armor piece fairly quickly. That will help ease the feeling of getting stuck in the low 20's level wise.

Top Bottom