• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Two more nightfalls, and roughly 18 more ass energies! I leveled up a PR and FB that have been sitting in my vault for a while. Still have about 200 energies left. I'm thinking of leveling a bunch of stuff that's been collecting dust and then breaking them down for telemetries. I could use a sniper telemetry.

#praiseRNG

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
unlocked blink on voidwalker, I like this class so much more now :D
Nami let us down. You're just resenting having to post a new OT in the middle of the night.
pretty much. at some point I wanna go to bed, and because it's xur we'll probably hit 200 when I'm at still considerably far from waking up. lol >_<

JTran2003

Is 30 an ok level for hard mode VoG? Is there any different mechanics or things just hit harder and can take more damage?

That's definitely OK especially since that used to be the level cap before the expansion. No revives, tougher enemies, more gorgons, more oracles, and some other stuff I can't think of right now...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is 30 an ok level for hard mode VoG? Is there any different mechanics or things just hit harder and can take more damage?
30 is just fine, being higher actually barely makes any difference.

The main difference is that you can't be revived, at all. The chances of a death leading to a wipe are much higher.

There are also detain fields during the Atheon fight and I hate them.
What's the average, min, and max time period between OT's? (or some information like that)
Good question. The actual min was before the post-launch dropoff, launch was absoltuely nuts. I think we were on OT4 or 5 before we got moved to community. Since then no thread has lasted long enough to see a third Xur visit but I'd have to compare absolute hours spanned to get a true avg. max and min length.

I can tell you that OT13 was the quickest one I believe since 7 or 8.

Rixa

Frankly, Xur not selling any weapons would still be better than him selling the 4th Horseman. I definitely have more range with my fists than that gun, at least.

My guess is:

Xur will sell 2 weapons & 4 armours:

- Universal Remote
- 4th Horseman

Warlock are also going to be treated well, they got 2 armors
- Voidfang Vestments
- Sunbreakers

Titans will get Armamentarium. Hunters have tough luck and they can buy Radiant Dance Machines.

Motto of the Xursday:
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

If that is legit, kind of meets what we expected going forward. Can anyone read the text?

isn't that old? destiny 2 after wolves then 2 more dlc

That's not Destiny 2, but the "Comet" expansion. Probably new planets/moons to the existing game.

Kinda making it out.

New Missions
New Strikes
New Public Events
New Patrols
New Raids
New PvP Maps

Looks like one says
"New Playable Subclass" and a mark under "Comet"

Sorry about my miserable performance in the Nightfall. I forgot about the burn, so i didnt bring any Solar weapons, and when i died deep in the room, I thought you had just killed Omnigul so i jumped in.

I am not a smart man.

Ghazi

They're using the box art, so I'm guessing it's Destiny 2, or at least a new boxed SKU
Actually I'm almost certain that's fake now because Bungie did an interview with GI saying that there wasn't a third subclass planned and that the blank in the game listing for subclasses was left over from their dev testing with "focuses." That says new subclass... They told GI none were planned or were likely to happen. Trolls, man, trolls everywhere.

Qwell

So ... any groups planning on trying for flawless raider anytime soon? Kind of thinking about becoming a guardian lord. I would probably bring my 32 warlock.

Ourobolus

Banned
Comet is a planned major DLC sometime after House of Wolves; "major" in comparison to the two in the expansion pass (HoW coming sometime in Q1-early Q2)

Sounds like it's a proper expansion pack. If you haven't noticed, the Dark Below barely has any new content. It's dlc, but not an expansion by the mmo definition. Comet expansion should be a game changer.
Ah, I somehow missed that. Shit, it better be amazing.

David___

Banned
WTF is comet?
Will that require Destiny 2?

In the original leaked contract there was a mention of a major expansion dubbed "Comet" that would be considered a game changer irrc. Keep in mind that said contract also had Destiny as a timed Xbox exclusive so who knows what else changed.

So ... any groups planning on trying for flawless raider anytime soon? Kind of thinking about becoming a guardian lord. I would probably bring my 32 warlock.

I'm down. And Konosuke has a group that does it and he said a couple people seem like they're dropping out so it's possible we can team up with his group

Top Bottom