• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I have like 150 coins at this point but I'm not going to go crazy. Just bought 3 exotics and an exotic engram. Done for this week.

Upgrades:
Knucklehead
Achlyophage Sym
Crest of Alpha (Titan)
Armamentarium
Apotheosis Veil
Heart of Praxic

Last Word
Univ Remote
P Infinity
P & T
TLord
GHORN AGAIN

It's looking like the Upgrades are simply 2 random of each type with no weighting. Ghorn upgrade will seemingly be 50% every week.

Only have 15 coins. I guess that's what I get since I've cut back heavily on my Destiny playtime. I remember when I had 100+

Oh well. I'm gonna have to choose wisely this week or grind hard as fuck. At least I haven't done the weekly yet.

kidko

I guess it's another week where I don't get anything. Starfire looks cool but as pure intellect, it seems counterproductive to the whole bonus grenade thing

Steroyd

I just realised, I think I've got every piece of exotic armour in the game except for Heart of Praxic Fire, I'll have to go over the exotic list.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I might make the Mk. 44s my new top priority. Never played with any exotic boots before, and I have way, way too much fun with shoulder charge. Don't Touch Mes are truly perfect for my Ultimate Crota Stealth build on my hunter, but I don't know if I'll get to leveling them soon.

Gauntlet engrams have a very limited pool of items, a lot of bang for your motes there if you're in the market for, say, 3 or more of the exotic gauntlets that exist.

We should hold the podcast sometime during Xur's visits, like Fri. nights or Sat. mornings, so there can be a segment going over the selections and some buying advice. :)

Bogeypop

So disappointed at Xur this week. Bought an Exotic Gauntlet Engram in hopes of getting Sunbreakers to cheer me up (never bought them the million other times he sold them), and got Ruin Wings. I don't even have a Titan and if I were to make a second character it'd probably be a Hunter. Profound sadness...

Decided to go with Starfire. Dragon's Breath seems cool, but I'd much rather have some new armor.

Now I just need two more Motes to try my luck again...

Matush

Is Dragon's Breath worth it? Already have Truth, Henzen and Hunger, not sure if I should spend time with upgrading another launcher.

bmkGbPj.jpg

2J8HVbS.jpg

dat end of the page though

I might make the Mk. 44s my new top priority. Never played with any exotic boots before, and I have way, way too much fun with shoulder charge. Don't Touch Mes are truly perfect for my Ultimate Crota Stealth build on my hunter, but I don't know if I'll get to leveling them soon.

Gauntlet engrams have a very limited pool of items, a lot of bang for your motes there if you're in the market for, say, 3 or more of the exotic gauntlets that exist.

We should hold the podcast sometime during Xur's visits, like Fri. nights or Sat. mornings, so there can be a segment going over the selections and some buying advice. :)

You do a podcast? If I could somehow ever be a part of it, that would be sweet.

Nuszka

Upgrades for Xyr are bad, symbionte was on sale last week , same with armamentarium, another upgrade for praxic fire, crest of alpha lupi. Only thing i will buy are titan boots witch i do not have with the rest i was lucky. Was farming for glimmer last night in hope for some good upgrades. On to the next friday wich should be good , should it ?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, Hunter arms rapidly build super when killing darkness (minions of darkness AKA mobs AKA doesn't apply to crucible)
Bad juju builds super faster too

what happens when you mix these

Steroyd

First time in a long time I've bought all 3 armors and the weapon. I'm okay with this even if most of it is underwhelming DLC stuff.

Same, think that's the most I've ever spent on Xur in a given week.

Turns out I'm missing 2 armours, Insourmountable Skullfort and Heart of Praxic.

Same question from me. I already have a lot of serviceable RL's, don't think this one adds anything I need.

If coins are tight at all: I say No. D's B seems like the type of exotic that is more fun than "good." As an exotic RL with no tracking... that is a a steep hill to climb to justify its exotic spot.

KeRaSh

How useful is Starfire Protocol? I know it doesn't bump you up to three grenades

Basically allows you to pick the ignite perk and still get two grenades.

This. Thought it was pretty great when I first got it but by now I'd rather user the Claws or Sunbreakers again since the other abilities aren't really game changers to have at the same time as the second grenade.
Unfortunately I'm not a unique snowflake anymore... :p

Bought Dragon's Breath because I'm a Sunbro but not sure it will be more useful than my Hunger since I can't use Ice Breaker at the same time and Black Ham,er is only good during bosses...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Bought three exotic engrams, got Don't Touch Me, Sunbreakers and whatever the titan one is.

I had 75 motes. Don't judge me.

so is it too late for me to get on and do double eris bounties? Just realized how late it was and that the reset was soon.

Yes, you have to actually be logged into the character you want to do the double bounties on, before the reset happens.

Finish the bounties, turn them in, log out and back in and do them again.

Top Bottom