• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Yeah crappy day again for Titans but at least turning in the last part of the Urn Quest does give another 125 rep! I need 1922 for rank 4, you? (Haven't done any bounties yet today).

Yeah I'll have to see the new ones to know for sure but around 2200 rep until rank 4.

I just bought all the exotic items he had. Bought 2 engrams and they ended up both being Gauntlets I already had and with much worse rolls too.

Pocket Infinity was my only upgrade as everything else I've upgraded or got the upgraded version of already.

Good Xurday!

GhaleonEB

I plunked down for the gauntlets and the rocket launcher, even though I didn't really want either. Those coins aren't going to spend themselves. My first exotics, woo. :\

Jinjo

Man, Starfire Protocol looks so cool. Getting the Goldspiral shader from my Titan to my warlock now. That should make it even more awesome.

Steroyd

So with the exotic Titan boots, Crota needs to drop 2 pieces that are not gauntlets for my titan to reach level 32, either a chest or helmet for my Hunter to get to level 32, and boots for my warlock no negotiation on that one.

Also.

WeiqA89.jpg

mwjj4ZB.jpg

On what planet does No Land Beyond have the same rate of fire as the LDR.

todd360

Yo wtf is this! Dammit! I was finally special! For two days. Now heart of praxic fire is rarer than starfire. Wtf xur. Why would you do this to me?

I may try the engram lottery before buying don't touch me, I could always do with an upgraded young spine or an exotic shard. I will also be buying dragons breath. I may even upgrade my TLW.

Not a bad week overall

SkylineRKR

Don't touch me is fucking great. I also rolled Young Ahamkara which I didn't have yet.

Starfire will soon be nice for my Warlock alt thats only level 12 currently.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oh wow.
That's pretty bullshit - So I didn't buy the arms for the hunter, I purchased 3 engrams and was lucky enough to hit that one.

Xurs arms cap out at 97 Discipline. My engram arms cap out at 113.

Why the fuck is that even possible.
I'm happy, but at the same time that's fucking stupid.

Agent

I'm so happy to see the Gjallarhorn upgrade again. I was away last weekend so I expected to not have it offered for another 6 months.

Picked up a Starfire Protocol. The only problem I see is it means you need the raid helmet to get to 32.

Did the double bounty trick for the first time ever. After I finish the second round of Eris bounties I'll be down to about 1700 to go for rank 4. I might just set my alarm the next few days and just grind it out. Ugh.

KeRaSh

Yo wtf is this! Dammit! I was finally special! For two days. Now heart of praxic fire is rarer than starfire. Wtf xur. Why would you do this to me?

They both look great but are otherwise mediocre anyways. Claws and Sunbreakers seem much more useful to be honest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh wow.
That's pretty bullshit - So I didn't buy the arms for the hunter, I purchased 3 engrams and was lucky enough to hit that one.

The rolls on Xur's gear is "random" and most of them, they are pretty terrible compared to "dropped" gear.

I have Gjallarhorn, but I wanna see how this thing will be in crucible. Might be better in crucible. I highly doubt it will be able to touch Truth though. The fucking king.

No way DB is as good as GH or Truth in Crucible. No tracking = no thanks. Also, you could make a strong case for either GH or Truth as best PvP exotic RL.

My Titan is locked:

Helm of Saint (helm)
Ruin Wings (gloves)
Armamentarium (chest)
Mk 44 (boots)

All 4 CE raid armor but waiting on rerolls for helm and maybe gloves.

I love my 3rd character. Glad I saved him for last.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My Titan is locked:

Helm of Saint (helm)
Ruin Wings (gloves)
Armamentarium (chest)
Mk 44 (boots)

All 4 CE raid armor but waiting on rerolls for helm and maybe gloves.

I love my 3rd character. Glad I saved him for last.
Same I used Hunter the most but I love my Titan now. Have all the exotics you listed.

cilonen

got no backup plans gauntlets from engram

Snap. So did I. I was interested in them back when I started before I really looked at the exotic armors so I guess I'll hang on to them and level them. At least it's an exotic shard down the road if I'm in a pinch.

I'm just shocked that I got something for my main class.

Edit: also upgraded PI because I may as well. Not actually using any coins this week. Still holding out for Helm of Saint 14 and the horn (as if).

Snap. So did I. I was interested in them back when I started before I really looked at the exotic armors so I guess I'll hang on to them and level them. At least it's an exotic shard down the road if I'm in a pinch.

I'm just shocked that I got something for my main class.

they look cool but I'm not sure how good the ability is

Oh wow.

I dunno...makes sense to me and it seems like it should be the way it is.
No way DB is as good as GH or Truth in Crucible. No tracking = no thanks. Also, you could make a strong case for either GH or Truth as best PvP exotic RL.
Well I think Gjallarhorn is a waste of the exotic slot in pvp as long as you have a rocket launcher with tracking or early detonation. I'd much rather use my exotic for something else. Not saying it's bad but I'm not a fan of it.

Truth on the other hand...

KeRaSh

you should see me throw like eight sticky grenades in a row wearing my super discipline Praxic outfit!

It's a minor gimmick in my opinion. I'm perfectly happy with 6 but I rarely use my super offensively, even when playing patrol.

Does the Heavy Ammo perk stack with raid boots' Heavy Ammo perk? If so then it sounds amazing.

Yeah you can get up to 7 rockets.

It great until you die, go to orbit or do anything that makes you lose heavy ammo...

Don't Touch Mes are truly perfect for my Ultimate Crota Stealth build on my hunter, but I don't know if I'll get to leveling them soon.

I run high strength w/ blink strike invis, shadowjack, super invis etc. You could also run Monte Carlo because kills w it charges your melee for nearly constant blink invis if youre fighting it out but Hunters can do abyss without even firing a shot tbh. Im going to buy dont touch me also but CE is already a playground with bladedancer Im curious how useful they end up being compared to the other exotics.

Frenden

Banned
Bought three engrams, got dupes for all. Oh well, free-ish exotic shards!

Bought everything else. Shoulder Charge might actually be viable now? Hopefully.

SIDE NOTE OF EXTREME IMPORT:

Starfire Protocol doesn't comply with shaders. At all. Not a single pixel changes color. That's terrible. Even Voidfang's cloth bits changed color.

Well I think Gjallarhorn is a waste of the exotic slot in pvp as long as you have a rocket launcher with tracking or early detonation. I'd much rather use my exotic for something else. Not saying it's bad but I'm not a fan of it.

Truth on the other hand...

Yeah but you aren't stuck with the same loadout all round. I use exotic HCs then swap to GH if my team has the heavy spawn under control. You can even have the team pop it and leave the heavy there until the other team has blown their load. Truth has stronger tracking but GH has the WP rounds so you really don't have to "aim" with either one and GH gets more multi kills.

gio78

Neo Member
Happy new year fellow Gafers!

I got the Pocket Infinity bounty yesterday, and I was wondering if there are any areas in the Cosmodrome with lvl 30 enemies that can count towards the bounty... (maybe the Grotto?)
I' ve already done the NF on Tuesday, and I don't feel like soloing it just for the bounty.

Top Bottom