• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

void666

Banned
Disapointed as usual. Was hoping for helmet engram so i could try to get an obsidian mind.
Got starfire and the titan boots. But not overly hyped for both.

I'll pass on DB. It feels weird since i bought NLB last week. But i already have enough useless exotics.

Bought three engrams, got dupes for all. Oh well, free-ish exotic shards!

Bought everything else. Shoulder Charge might actually be viable now? Hopefully.

SIDE NOTE OF EXTREME IMPORT:

Starfire Protocol doesn't comply with shaders. At all. Not a single pixel changes color. That's terrible. Even Voidfang's cloth bits changed color.

The same thing happened with Heart of Praxic Fire. Shaders don't change anything on it.

Happy new year fellow Gafers!

I got the Pocket Infinity bounty yesterday, and I was wondering if there are any areas in the Cosmodrome with lvl 30 enemies that can count towards the bounty... (maybe the Grotto?)
I' ve already done the NF on Tuesday, and I don't feel like soloing it just for the bounty.

The first area in the nightfall is perfect for the bounty. All those thralls you can cut right through with a solar fusion rifle (vex if you have one). You wouldn't have to solo all of it. Just smash out that beginning part a few times.

I got all 3 gear. Kind of upset there's no heavy synth 2 weeks in a row.

But with starfire, my Lock can now reach 32 with either a raid Helm or Chest. After my res saved a wipe during the final bridge building phase in the lamp section of CE on NYE, he felt special again. My 1st but least used class ever since I leveled up my alts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Happy new year fellow Gafers!

I got the Pocket Infinity bounty yesterday, and I was wondering if there are any areas in the Cosmodrome with lvl 30 enemies that can count towards the bounty... (maybe the Grotto?)
I' ve already done the NF on Tuesday, and I don't feel like soloing it just for the bounty.
Apparently you can load up the Nightfall and just go to any darkness zone and those kills will count.

gio78

Neo Member
The first area in the nightfall is perfect for the bounty. All those thralls you can cut right through with a solar fusion rifle (vex if you have one). You wouldn't have to solo all of it. Just smash out that beginning part a few times.

Wish I had a Vex... I' m going with my humble Murmur and just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible, but I guess the thralls will suffice if I go in and out a couple of times.
Thanks Agent_Tiro :)

Apparently you can load up the Nightfall and just go to any darkness zone and those kills will count.

Yeah, this could do as well, I'll go around and look... Thank you too firehawk12 :)

Bought three engrams, got dupes for all. Oh well, free-ish exotic shards!

Bought everything else. Shoulder Charge might actually be viable now? Hopefully.

SIDE NOTE OF EXTREME IMPORT:

Starfire Protocol doesn't comply with shaders. At all. Not a single pixel changes color. That's terrible. Even Voidfang's cloth bits changed color.

Praxic Fire is the same way, I think there's some small details that change, super annoying

Yeah but you aren't stuck with the same loadout all round. I use exotic HCs then swap to GH if my team has the heavy spawn under control. You can even have the team pop it and leave the heavy there until the other team has blown their load. Truth has stronger tracking but GH has the WP rounds so you really don't have to "aim" with either one and GH gets more multi kills.
That's what I like to hear. Someone that takes advantage of the fact that you can have 30 weapons on you at once, haha. Kinda risky changing mid life though, I've died several times doing that, haha

I'll give Gjallarhorn another shot in crucible. It just seemed underwhelming the first time I used it (that was back in like week 3 though). The Wolfpack rounds barely ever killed shit.

Finally rank 4, shader looks great on my Titan.

32 shards short of level 32. It's gonna take a while...

Are you just running 1 character? I have my Titan at 32 and if I had Rank 4 I would have enough energy to exchange for shards for either my Warlock or Hunter to get to 32 as well.

I need 2252 rep to get to rank 4. Should be sometime next week and then I'll have 2 Level 32 characters.

Comet: Plague of ???
September, 2015.

B6UkdDBCEAI2cjy.jpg:large

#hype

I'm really interested in the new subclasses. It's also really nice to see them supporting this. I thought they were just going to dump this and go straight to Destiny 2 as fast as possible.

adin75

Hmm, may pass on DB, already have the big G and Hunger of Crota, can wait for it to drop. Looks like PI upgrade and..........well, thats probably about it.

With Dragons Breath acquired that is 21/24 exotic weapons collected.

Remaining:
-Red Death
-Universal Remote
-4th Horseman

I have Husk of the Pit turned into Edieon Ally now, just need that Crux of Crota drop from the hard mode Crotas End raid. Hopefully it isn't a difficult roll to get, I am counting Necrochasm as collected until we know for sure.

#hype

I'm really interested in the new subclasses. It's also really nice to see them supporting this. I thought they were just going to dump this and go straight to Destiny 2 as fast as possible.

What does it say on the details on the bottom? Can't read it.

Kind of lame that House of Wolves will be the last expansion until Comet. So nothing substantial from March to September. About 5 months. Damn.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just accidentally solo'd the nightfall. Farming bounties and the game kept feeding me heavy ammo bricks. Got all the way to Omingul before I realised I'd finished my bounties ages ago.

Solar burn, Gjallarhorn, Ruin Wings. You set my world on fire!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, other than the fact that all the new stuff is new, I don't think they are of any actual use beyond collecting them. Probably the only useful thing is the hunter gloves, and even then, it looks like a terrible roll on the stats. Go figure.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hunter arms is just what I needed. The dogged cage looks ugly and one of it's perks conflicts with other so it is wasted. My Hunter should be 32 next week depending on how many shards/energies I get. And I finally got Eris to 4.

Like I said earlier. Just need more vault space! I have 5 Warlock exotics and I don't even have a Warlock.

GlamFM

Banned
Are you just running 1 character? I have my Titan at 32 and if I had Rank 4 I would have enough energy to exchange for shards for either my Warlock or Hunter to get to 32 as well.

I need 2252 rep to get to rank 4. Should be sometime next week and then I'll have 2 Level 32 characters.

Yeah, just one Titan.

Hunter arms is just what I needed. The dogged cage looks ugly and one of it's perks conflicts with other so it is wasted. My Hunter should be 32 next week depending on how many shards/energies I get. And I finally got Eris to 4.

Like I said earlier. Just need more vault space! I have 5 Warlock exotics and I don't even have a Warlock.

Making alts is a good way to get more "vault" storage. Keep all your crap spread out on 3 characters.

LiK

Final Urn mission should've been one of the Raid sections. That was pretty fun.

Thanks to Xplicit and Boguester for dropping in.

Jinjo

Have you guys seen Datto's exotic weapon tier list?

Everything-was-S-tier.jpg

Ridiculous. Called for Gjallarhorns nerfs too, because it was too strong in PvP. Datto pls.

About the pic leak: I always find it funny, that whenever something like that leaks the person taking the picture always has the most horrible
phonecamera. Come on man, phonecameras are awesome nowadays, if you're gonna leak, invest in one of those, for goodness sake.

Frenden

Banned
I don't often agree with Datto and it kind of bums me out that he seems to have Bungie's ear. I don't think he represents the player base at large well.

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, my girlfriend is an avid Destiny player but is often short of people to play with for weekly strikes and hasn't been able to attempt a raid due to a lack of PSN friends. Anyone keen on doing the weekly heroic with her now? Add NikkiMagra and put neogaf in the message. Thanks all :)

Tempted to get dragons breath, sitting on 37 coins atm. Do enjoy using my suros regime though so should probably just save them.

Currently have 0 exotic armour but have legendaries in all slots. All 33 light pieces but only one maxed out so far. Should I invest in the Titan legs? I'd still have enough to buy an exotic shard and then I have enough spirit bloom to max it out already. I've always had it in my head that my exotic armour would be a helm, no real reason though. I do enjoy should charge. Hmm

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Making alts is a good way to get more "vault" storage. Keep all your crap spread out on 3 characters.

Yeah. I have two Titans. One of them is just basically another chance to get Titan goods.

I think of Titans as brawlers/heavy weapons, hunters as stealth/long range, and warlocks as magic user/etc. I'm more partial to the former two and Warlocks are ugly.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
DAT Sunsetting Titan...
GAWD DAMN!
EwPynAC.jpg

Hit Rank 4 with Eris on Warlock, no more Double Bounties on Warlock!, now onwards to Titan!

Rixa

Have you guys seen Datto's exotic weapon tier list?

Everything-was-S-tier.jpg

Ridiculous. Called for Gjallarhorns nerfs too, because it was too strong in PvP. Datto pls.

I don't often agree with Datto and it kind of bums me out that he seems to have Bungie's ear. I don't think he represents the player base at large well.

Why he has listed Thunderlord higher than Truth?
What special does TL offer instead legendary mg? I personally wouldn't waste exotic slot to machine gun.

Jinjo

I completely agree with you. His opinion often times is so off the mark. Gjallarhorn S-tier in PvP? Come on man. He rides the Hawkmoon a little to hard too. His stance on cheesing comes off as a little bit elitist too. Actually, in general he does. I'm sure he is a nice guy and all, but I think he could portray himself a lot better tbh.

Why he has listed Thunderlord higher than Truth?
What special does TL offer instead legendary mg? I personally wouldn't waste exotic slot to machine gun.

Beats me man. You checked the PvP list? That one is even more ridiculous.

Top Bottom