• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Klyka

Banned
I'd like to see the new raid soon, is it enough to be lvl 30 or do I need anything else?

Hope to get some GAF bros from here to go through it with me

Xur heard that we wanted Rocket Launchers! He is truly listening.

Seriously, convince me to buy Dragon's Breath. I don't see why I would ever want to equip it over Truth or The Hunger of Crota.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Seriously, convince me to buy Dragon's Breath. I don't see why I would ever want to equip it over Truth or The Hunger of Crota.
They may buff it in future. Imagine a full-auto Dragon's Breath firing three rockets in quick succession and leaving a trail of fire everywhere. DRAGON"S BREATH.

I used it for a while because it was a drop from a chest, looks cool and that, but it really is a waste of an exotic slot, way better options out there, i would even say that One Way Ticket 000 from the vanguard is a better option.

Buy only if you have coins to spare.

3 Crota Runs, 3 of the exact same drop:
1x Light of the Abyss
2x Radiant Shards

Damn Smart Loot™

It´s been working great for me.

Got a full raid gear for my two Hunters.

Also half way there on my Warlock.

Weapon drops have been slow, 2 black hammers and on machine gun

They may buff it in future. Imagine a full-auto Dragon's Breath firing three rockets in quick succession and leaving a trail of fire everywhere. DRAGON"S BREATH.

Whoa! Has there been talk of this? Of any buff at all?

I guess I'll throw one in the vault, but ugh. Coins aren't an issue, but vault space is.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

I guess I'll throw one in the vault, but ugh. Coins aren't an issue, but vault space is.
Not really but if no one uses it they have to buff it. I'm pretty sure it'll receive a buff. No harm in buying it if you have the coins.

For me it's Achilles heal is no tracking. Even if it gets damage or velocity buff, I have no interest without tracking. When you need hits to count, tracking is your safety net.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'll buy dragons breath just to have one really.
It seems like a weak gimmick exotic RL.
No tracking = fail.

Shoot 1 during the first phase of Crota's End and see what happens for the next 5+ seconds =D
(Have to level it up for the Solar Flare)

It does a nice job deterring and saving yo teams ass

Lima

I told you guys. Shout out to Connor for figuring this out. Should shave off quite some time for both legit and cheese records.

Lima

Ok, this breaks the crota encounter. hopefully it's patched soon. Ridiculous.

Lol the fight is easy as it is already. Crota does nothing he just stands there. You can kill him in one sword with three downs if people use rockets to take his shields down.

Rixa

I've had better luck with my Crota drops than all of VoG. Got my full (minus the helmet) Crota raid gear in only two runs. And every subsequent run he's given me a different weapon. I just need the Shotgun and Sniper from him now. Though arguably they made loot distribution more fair for Crota from what I hear...

3 Crota Runs, 3 of the exact same drop:
1x Light of the Abyss
2x Radiant Shards

Damn Smart Loot™

It´s been working great for me.

Got a full raid gear for my two Hunters.

Also half way there on my Warlock.

Weapon drops have been slow, 2 black hammers and on machine gun

On my 7th Crota run I got my first raid chest armor (and helmet).
My haul sofar: 4 gloves, 3 boots, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper, 1 shotgun.

It took me 3 runs (2 NM, 1 HM) to get full raid set from VoG :p. Vex I got from 4th run.
Someone would say RNG.

I told you guys. Shout out to Connor for figuring this out. Should shave off quite some time for both legit and cheese records.

I would not call this cheese in the slightest, it is using the encounters timing in the most optimal way. It is however an edge case Bungie did not test for and could reasonably patch.

noomi

Guys.... off topic question...

But when I post a youtube link, is it actually embedded in the post? It isn't for me, I just see a link. On mobile I do see a embedded video, and in mobile preferences there is an option to embed, can't find it here though...

gdt

Xur brought stuff I already have haha. Got Dragons Breath from Crota and Don't Touch Me from an engram. Still, picked up Starfire and 2 engrams for the hell of it. Got dupes (was hoping for Spine of Ahamkara 2.0 at least) that I turned into shards. Also considering Mk 44 Stand Asides. Just to have them really. Dunno. I'll save the rest of motes for the next engram week.

Also for Babylon 5 fans read the perks on the Mk 44 Stand Asides. Someone at Bungie is a B5 fan.

Rixa

I would not call this cheese in the slightest, it is using the encounters timing in the most optimal way. It is however an edge case Bungie did not test for and could reasonably patch.

Yeah. I dont see any cheese here. Basically your party is just fast enough to kill mobs :p.

gdt

Guys I'll ask again, what do i need to have to get 5 of you to show me the raid?

Is lvl 30 enough?

Lvl 30 is fine. Provided that you have 1 Lvl 31 the team will be fine.

People are raiding here all day. Just give people a bit of time to check out Xur and they'll start raiding.

Edit: make a list and start a group or just keep your eyes open.

Guys I'll ask again, what do i need to have to get 5 of you to show me the raid?

Is lvl 30 enough?

Are you wanting to do a Crota's End raid? Just watch for groups to form and volunteer, lvl30 is plenty. If no groups are forming feel free to try and start one yourself. People usually post it like a sign up sheet.

There are also the LFG sites if you are feeling frisky.

Damn you Crpytach. With only 49 motes of light and really needing gauntlets for my Titan, I buy two engrams and both decrypt into Claws of Ahamkara and Don't Touch me. Wouldn't be so bummed about it if I didn't already own both. Sigh.

Till next week I guess.

Anybody have Normal GKeepers CP for glimmer? Or anybody want to Crucible?

Ok, this breaks the crota encounter. hopefully it's patched soon. Ridiculous.

Fight has always been broken. It was broken on release when a Lv31 was essentially "required" to beat it, broken as soon as people started hitting Lv32, and even broken with a Lv31 sword runner because it's so boring for everyone else.

Lol the fight is easy as it is already. Crota does nothing he just stands there. You can kill him in one sword with three downs if people use rockets to take his shields down.

This encounter just gets worse and worse. Oh well.

Ozone

Nice, Xur has upgrades for the two Exotic helmets I own. This would be my first time upgrading something, so do they need to fully leveled to upgrade or does it not matter?

Deku Tree

My prediction: Speed Run world records set before this two swords trick is patched are going to be much faster that post-patch speed runs. You gotta set your speed run record now. They will have to have a pre-patch and post-patch record. (Unless people find an even better and faster trick.)

gdt

Nice, Xur has upgrades for the two Exotic helmets I own. This would be my first time upgrading something, so do they need to fully leveled to upgrade or does it not matter?

Doesn't matter.

Actually having no xp in them at all makes it better :(

Top Bottom