• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

realcZk

itll be interesting to see what all gets patched before hardmode, whenever that is. tentative release was january? remember how long it took to add the atheon baby bumpers, and that was just a simple map modification.

the disconnect trick seems like it might take more work to patch. looks like an instance of the gamestate not being properly migrated and synched to a new host after the disconnect, as not only does crota freeze and some mob spawning go nuts, the chalice stops working as well until you swap it out...

some of the logic in the new raid really baffles me, especially on the bridge part. rather than checking if anyones actually crossed the bridge, which is the most logical thing to do, it just checks if you've left a box on the starting side (so if you gain enough vertical height you dont even have to cross the bridge to start the encounter).

the double sword seems like it should be easier to patch but it'll be interesting to see.

Anybody have Normal GKeepers CP for glimmer? Or anybody want to Crucible?

Fight has always been broken. It was broken on release when a Lv31 was essentially "required" to beat it, broken as soon as people started hitting Lv32, and even broken with a Lv31 sword runner because it's so boring for everyone else.

This encounter just gets worse and worse. Oh well.

I'll be up for crucible in about 20-30 mins

My prediction: Speed Run world records set before this two swords trick is patched are going to be much faster that post-patch speed runs. You gotta set your speed run record now. They will have to have a pre-patch and post-patch record. (Unless people find an even better and faster trick.)

Speed run records always work like that though, with different given categories for game version etc. Like how Cosmos used the... Japanese? version of Ocarina of Time for his world records. Lots of weird details like that for different games. Times are only compared within their given category (kinda like any%, 100%, etc.)

Deku Tree

itll be interesting to see what all gets patched before hardmode, whenever that is. tentative release was january? remember how long it took to add the atheon baby bumpers, and that was just a simple map modification.

the disconnect trick seems like it might take more work to patch. looks like an instance of the gamestate not being properly mitigated and synched to a new host after the disconnect, as not only does crota freeze and some mob spawning go nuts, the chalice stops working as well until you swap it out...

the double sword seems like it should be easier to patch but it'll be interesting to see.

If all this cheese and unintended play tricks delays the release of HM that is going to stink. Crota HM better have another form.

realcZk

If all this cheese and unintended play tricks delays the release of HM that is going to stink. Crota HM better have another form.

my best guess:

• level 33 mobs
  • crota spawns oversoul with every sword bearer (im assuming hes gonna spawn these more anyhow, since raid gear gives a modifier to help destroy the oversoul and its not even useful now)
  • ir yut can drop primary weapons

Rixa

Speed run records always work like that though, with different given categories for game version etc. Like how Cosmos used the... Japanese? version of Ocarina of Time for his world records. Lots of weird details like that for different games. Times are only compared within their given category (kinda like any%, 100%, etc.)

Thank you for reminding me to check: AGDQ starts soon.

And few pages til new thread :).

the disconnect trick seems like it might take more work to patch. looks like an instance of the gamestate not being properly migrated and synched to a new host after the disconnect, as not only does crota freeze and some mob spawning go nuts, the chalice stops working as well until you swap it out...

I was bored last night and decided to test a few things about this glitch with the help of 2 friends.

First we did as the "instructions" say. Man1 entered crotas chamber. Man2 and Man3 joined. Did the glitch with Man1 disconnecting. Crota froze. Perfect. Man2 was now fireteam leader.

When Man1 returned we whiped and decided to try again without returning to orbit. Also Even tho Man2 was fireteam leader, Man1 would still disconnect. We tried and it worked perfectly again!

So it appears you dont even have to be leader or enter alone first.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This encounter just gets worse and worse. Oh well.

You sneaky little fuck lol
I'm doing the bounty from Grayliks in the Archive, quietly kills him w/o me noticing and bounces, not even a huggle =3

Bastardo!
*Shakes Fist*

Today I went AWOL with Bounties

Did Eris Bounties (3), All Vanguard Bounties (4), logged off, repeated Eris Bounties (4), then Vangaurd Bounties again (6), roughly 45 minutes LAWL!
GAWD DAMN did I rake in the XP + rep, Holy Hell

realcZk

I was bored last night and decided to test a few things about this glitch with the help of 2 friends.

First we did as the "instructions" say. Man1 entered crotas chamber. Man2 and Man3 joined. Did the glitch with Man1 disconnecting. Crota froze. Perfect. Man2 was now fireteam leader.

When Man1 returned we whiped and decided to try again without returning to orbit. Also Even tho Man2 was fireteam leader, Man1 would still disconnect. We tried and it worked perfectly again!

So it appears you dont even have to be leader or enter alone first.

quite possible, or maybe for some reason the game decided to make Man1 the host again depending on his connection to the others? the wipe could trigger a migration maybe..depends on how the peer-to-peer matchmaking/game creation state determines the best host, could always be the fireteam leader or a quality check. no idea though.

Bogeypop

I'd like to see the new raid soon, is it enough to be lvl 30 or do I need anything else?

Hope to get some GAF bros from here to go through it with me

aw6sjEn.jpg

Deku Tree

My favorite Bungie Halo very challenging encounters were the ones where you had to defeat massive numbers of spawns in a confined space. Halo never had bosses. Not sure why Destiny needs bosses. Seems like Bungie has a long way to go in designing good boss encounters. They should get rid of the re-skinned boss's and go back to having very intense confined encounters with lots of enemy spawns.

realcZk

So, what triggers the second sword bearer so fast?

my guess is to fix, they just need to remove the sword bearer outside initially and let it spawn out of the door naturally like the other waves. the game is probably doing a check when the thrall spawn wave begins and it sees there isn't a swordbearer up, so it spwans one (like how all the other waves work).

Shito

Ok, even though I still don't have ohmyhorn, this week has definitely been quite good for me.
I had enough for two glove engrams, thinking that in the worst case that would make me 0 coins exotic shards.
First one I get sunbreakers, which I already have and already upgraded. One exotic shard yay!
Second one I get Ruin Wings, which I really wanted but didn't buy because at the time my titan was really low level, and I could wait. Yay!

So, what triggers the second sword bearer so fast?

The 2nd Sword B is basically triggered to spawn through the next "open door" after the 1st one dies. Since the 1st one dies so quickly, the very first time the door opens after they run out there, the 2nd sword is coming through.

Basically they didn't plan for people killing it that fast and assumed that the "first open door after 1st sword is dead" was going to be later in the fight like it usually is... if that makes sense.

my guess is to fix, they just need to remove the sword bearer outside initially and let it spawn out of the door naturally like the other waves. the game is probably doing a check when the thrall spawn wave begins and it sees there isn't a swordbearer up, so it spwans one (like how all the other waves work).

The first sword bearer does spawn out of that same door like all the others. It just happens basically right when you activate the crystal. Look at the window right away and you will see him come running out.

Jesus christ are the youtube videos describing the double bounty glitch a train wreck. You can either get 50 splash screens and then a dipshit rambling for twenty minutes, or videos that seemingly explain it wrong based on the comments section.

What I sussed out was, be logged in before reset, right after reset pick up fresh bounties. After this part it is unclear. Do you have to then do all the bounties before logging out again? Can you still log back in later, complete the bounties and they will still duplicate?

lol, CE is every and all kinds of broken. Add it to the list, Bungie, and be sure it's all safe and sound for HM.

Things I think we will see in HM crota raid.

Soloing the first darkness part, its not a cheese if you do it the right way, but if you hide behind the rock and the explosion from the Lamp throws you up towards the end that will be fixed.

The Bridge is broken as fuck and needs fixing.

ir yut will have a chance of dropping primary weapon.

Crota cheese of two swords will be patched. He will spawn oversoul randomly or tied to when a swordbearer or Ogre dies to make it more challenging hopefully. I also hope they surprise us and add something unexpected.

Jesus christ are the youtube videos describing the double bounty glitch a train wreck. You can either get 50 splash screens and then a dipshit rambling for twenty minutes, or videos that seemingly explain it wrong based on the comments section.

What I sussed out was, be logged in before reset, right after reset pick up fresh bounties. After this part it is unclear. Do you have to then do all the bounties before logging out again? Can you still log back in later, complete the bounties and they will still duplicate?

You pick them up, do them, go back to tower, turn them in and get the EXP/ Rep.

Log out of destiny, go back to tower with the same character and pick them up again and do them all over again, turn them in and get exp/ rep

panda-zebra

1. Be in before reset.
2. Pick up available bounties after reset (any dupes from previous day will not show now, just unique ones).
3. Go do bounties and hand in.
4. Sign out and back in.
5. All day's bounties are now available as normal.

SkylineRKR

Just do them right away. Deliver, log back and do them again.

You pick them up, do them, go back to tower, turn them in and get the EXP/ Rep.

Log out of destiny, go back to tower with the same character and pick them up again and do them all over again, turn them in and get exp/ rep

1. Be in before reset.
2. pick up available bounties after reset (any dueps from previous day will not show now, just unique ones).
3. Go do bounties and hand in.
4. Sign out and back in.
5. All day's bounties are now available as normal.

Thanks. Might do this for my main one night this weekend because of lost Eris bounties over the holidays.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1. Get to the Tower @3:55AM EST (adjust to your time zone)
2. Eris bounties refresh on the daily timer @4:00AM EST
3. Complete those Bounties!, finish them off, if space grab a few Vanguard bounties that stack, like say kill 10 Hive majors/100 kills w/o dying etc.
4. Hand them into Eris & Bounty NPC if you picked up Vanguard bounties too
5. Log off
6. Log back in on same character you just finished doing bounties on
7. Go to Eris, she'll have the same one you just did again to complete again, grab the same Vangaurd bounties again!
8. Repeat!
9. ???????????
10. Profit!

Top Bottom