• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

deafmedal

Come on DGAF, get in the spirit and let's see some real pics for January!

On topic, Xür you worthless fuck :mad: At least I'm prepped to hit 32 on my lock thanks to the (ugghh) Apothesis Veil upgrade... but I am not digging the way Starfish Proctalexam looks. Still, I'll level it up and wear it before that abomination from the raid if I can get a raid hat. Meanwhile, my hunter looks great (save the single shoulder pad) decked in raid gear with Symbiote.

Still want HoPF you silly game.

Sullichin

The upgrade equipped exotics thing with Xur is all but irrelevant for me already. Might upgrade Pocket Infinity but that's about it. That must be confusing for newer players who only have a few exotics - they're able to "upgrade" them but it doesn't do anything, of course. It shouldn't let you do that.

I haven't even been doing all the weeklies for coins because I could still go on a spree and have some left over.

Bizazedo

1. Get to the Tower @3:55AM EST (adjust to your time zone)
2. Eris bounties refresh on the daily timer @4:00AM EST

So if one was sitting at Atheon at 3:55 AM and hung around and logged out like 30 minutes later, would they have the Atheon checkpoint for the new week?

Hawkmoon is sick in Crucible.

Namikaze1

I think if you join you can do it without having to unlock it.
If you start now I would love to join you two guys; have to leave in an hour though, but that should be done by then. :)

I can help you with it first if you send an invite. Not in too much of a rush.
It was a strike and I'm done anyway. Will send a friend request soon. Gonna need to switch characters first to place Gjallarhorn and my Solar sniper in the vault.

Xur is pretty much out of stuff for me to buy. Got the Titan legs today, and that was the only new thing he had. Once he sells the Glass House helm, that will be everything. (I know he's not gonna sell Hawkmoon).

My coin/mote stack is gonna be bustin'!

matmanx1

I bought Dragon's Breath (because I love the way it looks, mostly) and the Titan Boots. I now have all of the Titan exotic armor pieces except for the No Backup Plans and The Glasshouse.

I know Dragon's Breath is no Gallajhorn but I just like seeing it equipped and the little puffs of smoke that come out of the "mouth" area. I plan to have some fun with it.

1. Be in before reset.
2. Pick up available bounties after reset (any dupes from previous day will not show now, just unique ones).
3. Go do bounties and hand in.
4. Sign out and back in.
5. All day's bounties are now available as normal.
Thanks for this!

So, I shouldn't already have Eris bounties waiting to be turned in come the reset? Or does it not matter, so long as I pick up new bounties after the reset time?

Shout-out to the other 5 gaffers who steamrolled through about 2 hours of Crucible yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Let's do it again soon!

Yeah that was fun when we weren't lagging haha. I'll be starting up again soon as I need to do the Bad juju crucible bounty. I think Drizzay is going to join up after thier Crota kill, so you're welcome to come along as well. Anyone else up for crucible?

Deku Tree

Guessing Reef Raid HM won't release until April, I mean we the community are the real Q/A for this lol

Yup. Bungie will probably unfortunately never release a HM Destiny raid right away again. Too much cheese. They are crowd sourcing Q/A absolutely, and they don't want players to cheese their way into the best loot.

So I bought an engram today and it gave me Don't Touch Me that has 15 less discipline than what Xur is selling. Is it worth buying the Xur version for the extra 15 discipline?

Thanks for this!

So, I shouldn't already have Eris bounties waiting to be turned in come the reset? Or does it not matter, so long as I pick up new bounties after the reset time?

You can not get any eris bounties before the reset.

To make it easy.

let say your logged in before the daily reset of bounties, once the reset time hits, you can visit Eris and she will have the bounties for that day. Pick them up, do them and turn them in for exp/rep.

Then you log out of destiny, go back in and pick them up again. do them all over again and turn them in for more exp/rep.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I bought an engram today and it gave me Don't Touch Me that has 15 less discipline than what Xur is selling. Is it worth buying the Xur version for the extra 15 discipline?

Is that +15 DIS hurting you in your overall goal?

If it's say 13% that get's pushed to say 18-19%, not really
Now if it's 65% to say 72%, yeah!

I typically go to the back right corner of the rocketyard. Two vandal majors spawn there pretty frequently.

I usually start at The Divide.
Kill the major that drops from the ship.

Race to the back right of the Rocketyards.
Kill the majors there (or the Servitor to make the majors spawn).

Go back to The Divide. Repeat the process.
It's also a great place to kill blades of crota.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Best place for fallen majors

I typically go to the back right corner of the rocketyard. Two vandal majors spawn there pretty frequently.

Sometimes the Servitor + 3 Dregs come triple/quad fold till those Vandals refresh
Also the Minions of Crota event takes place there to and can overwrite The Fallen

You also have The Divide where 1 Yellow Vandal drops every 30 seconds from the dropship in that alley from the 1st mission

I do mines @ Ember caves on Venus
There 1 captain + few vandals + shank on the balcony protruding out @ Winter's Run jump off

It refreshes constantly + can do cleansing light/orb illuminator (eris bounty) in that area quickly

Rixa

Hey Nami, care to bring light to middle aged gamer who doesnt know from what anime(?) that avatar is? :)

|OT14| Power of Thy Sword

Shito

I have another one to do, but I think I'm off destiny till tomorrow. Last day before the wife leaves for school. If you still need one tomorrow just message me, I should be on all day.
No problem, I have to leave now anyways. :)
Will try to catch you tomorrow. Sent you a friend request a bit earlier, but I suspect psn to still do some funky stuff with them. ^^

If you do the archive mission just get to the first part of the misson where you kill simiks-3. He spawns with two other majors and you can just kill yourself after that and run back over to where he comes out to get them all to spawn again.

Sometimes the Servitor + 3 Dregs come triple/quad fold till those Vandals refresh
Also the Minions of Crota event takes place there to and can overwrite The Fallen

You also have The Divide where 1 Yellow Vandal drops every 30 seconds from the dropship in that alley from the 1st mission

I do mines @ Ember caves on Venus
There 1 captain + few vandals + shank on the balcony protruding out @ Winter's Run jump off

It refreshes constantly + can do cleansing light/orb illuminator (eris bounty) in that area quickly

The Divide is my go to. I'll make sure to do other bounties while I'm hanging out there. The Public Event there is pretty consistent, and lots of Blades of Crota spawn (got my husk there last night), and the easiest VIP mission ever pops there.

panda-zebra

Thanks for this!

Well if it's just from the day before (i.e. the day you are leaving behind at reset) they can't show again at reset, so they wouldn't matter. Unless you have a good reason to hold on to your completed bounties and have them taking up bounty inventory space it's probably best to get them turned in first for purely practical reasons. Eris' bounties often stack with the vanguard ones, so sometimes there's a nice 5 or 6 you can rip through in no time, but add in a few exotic bounties on the backburner and the space can be tight so clear the space first is best.

I put Archive mission on harder and take out Smimks-3 and his two yellow vandal buddies, wipe and repeat until compete.

Rixa

The Divide is my go to. I'll make sure to do other bounties while I'm hanging out there. The Public Event there is pretty consistent, and lots of Blades of Crota spawn (got my husk there last night), and the easiest VIP mission ever pops there.

The Divide is my solution for Fallen bounty too.

Top Bottom