• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

People can hate Destiny and Bungie all they like as I hate some if not most of the decisions they made with the game but outright disrespecting people who are still playing the game and/or enjoy it is damn distasteful. I seriously don't understand why some people are pissed that there are people actually enjoying their time in the game. I can't venture into any other Destiny thread since you have posts with people disrespecting those that still play the game. I would post in those threads but I rather not get ban. It just gets on my nerves their disrespectful attitude towards Destiny players.

I know that feel. It seems like some posters on the gaming side think you must have horrible taste and brain rot if you like destiny. It is just disrespectful. I get that a lot of old halo fans are angry that Bungie did not keep making their kind of pick up and play space shooter but that doesn't mean they should have the right to hate people who actually enjoy Destiny.

spyder_ur

Looks my Warlock is now the only class without enough armour to get to 32.

Meh, he was always my 3rd favourite anyways and was last to get 30 before too.

Plenty of time... I think. Do we even have a release date for the hard mode? I'm not too concerned about getting my characters to 32 anyway.

Greenymac

3 Nightfalls before work this morning..

First run: Starfire Protocol

Second Run: Mida Multi Tool

Third run: Some Legendary Solar machine Gun

I guess i can stop starving for that Praxic fire Now!

I'm SO lying, I still want it...

People can hate Destiny and Bungie all they like as I hate some if not most of the decisions they made with the game but outright disrespecting people who are still playing the game and/or enjoy it is damn distasteful. I seriously don't understand why some people are pissed that there are people actually enjoying their time in the game. I can't venture into any other Destiny thread since you have posts with people disrespecting those that still play the game. I would post in those threads but I rather not get ban. It just gets on my nerves their disrespectful attitude towards Destiny players.

Yeah, it's just the same canned complaint posts over and over and now the implication that we're all dirty addicts.

I feel like it's going to be a staple in all Destiny related threads for the foreseeable future. Sigh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll add CPU Mk. II and Persona to the list.
Congrats Hawkian on finally getting the Fatebringer! Awesome that we both finally got it on the same run! That's one hell of a haul you got last night.
Thanks, I still can't believe it! I'm not convinced I didn't dream those screenshots yet. I went into Weekly Strike before crashing and tore it apart though...
probably the strangest snapshot i've taken.

43xcoqn.jpg
"here's the pitch!"
<3 It's worth noting, this isn't anything particularly unique to Destiny even if it might seem so. Any sufficiently popular game continually sees this kind of thing as long as it's still making headlines.

E92 M3

I love the daily Destiny hate/argue thread. Bungie really made something special here LOL.

We are all fools and drug addicts for liking this game!

jaaz

Same here. In fact, I find myself spending less and less time in general gaming threads. The vitriol often being spewed in those threads at anyone that has an opposing point of view from the "GAF consensus" (which often consists of those members camping the thread at the time) has turned me off completely. I find myself wondering what happened to the time where members could disagree with others' opinions but respect their right to have an opinion different from their own. Now most Destiny threads turn into a spew of personal attacks, with "respect" for anyone's opinion daring to like Destiny nowhere to be seen.

Bizazedo

Trying to play Salvage with randoms against Voidwalkers is frustrating. Guess I'll have to work on this later tonight. ;_;
Salvage is back?!

YISSSSSSSSSSS........

Song of Ir Yut!

3/5 raid weapons now!

Hunter and Titan have all the gear to get to 32, Titan with full raid gear.
All before 9 am. Told you you weren't going to slow down lol ;).

Still on for tonight or are you blasted already?

Well after two IB tourney's I have come to the conclusion that outside of raiding IB is the most exciting and fun thing for me in Destiny. It's simultaneously fun and frustrating and it's the pull and push of up one minute down the next that keeps it exciting.
IB was a lot of fun this go-round, but normal Crucible would've been as well. The items cost a crazy amount of Glimmer *and* were borderline useless. I had some great games, though, including two game saving Fist of Havocs as time ran out.

First one I killed 3 people rushing B on Blind Watch from the outside and then jumped into the path of a rocket that would've flattened 4 of us had I let it splash, preserving the win.

Second one was on Twilight Gap. Time running out, us behind, HEAVY AMMO AVAILABLE, bee lined towards the heavy ammo near C (our team was near A). Grabbed the heavy ammo right before their team got there, Fist of Havoc'd two guys, machine gunned two more....

/exultation.

Shito

Yeah, some of those posts are... I don't even know how to qualify them anymore. ^^

zewone

Nightfall 1: 9 ass energy
Nightfall 2: SOS bullet hose (2 energy)
Nightfall 3: 9 ass energy

I have over 400 energy.

This is while I saw Starfire Protocol, Dragons Breath, and MIDA Multi Tools dropping for the person I was with.

That's one month of straight trash from Nightfalls for me.

Black Hammer was at the post master!!!!

Woooooooo

That's 4/5 of the raid weapons. Just need Hunger of Crota, but I have Gjallerhorn so who cares!

Just need 12 more Radiant Shards to get to 32 on my Titan!

Next week!!!!!!

Raid has been run 3 times already for this week with no extra armour pieces to shard. :(

jaaz

Woooooooo

That's 4/5 of the raid weapons. Just need Hunger of Crota, but I have Gjallerhorn so who cares!

Gratz. I got Hunger of Crota yesterday and even with a G-horn, I love it. It's like a mini-G-horn, but best of all it lets me equip my first love Ice Breaker in my special slot or my new love buffed Thorn in my primary slot. Now I don't feel so bad unequipping G-horn!

E92 M3

Woooooooo

Black Hammer is such a sexy sniper. It's my current obsession and I hope to get it this week. Probably won't though since I want it.

Bizazedo

500 people working on the game and / or sequel.

Why does it feel, given the number of weapons / models / new ships being modular and just merged versions of older ships that the majority are on the sequel? :).

Still like the game, obviously, but just saying.

Hipster mode*guardian lord before it was cool :p but really congrats to everyone who have earn the trophy

I really have to get off my ass and go Ghost hunting. I could be a Guardian Lord, but sooooo laaaaaaaaaaazy...

Top Bottom