• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

rNilla

Trying to play Salvage with randoms against Voidwalkers is frustrating. Guess I'll have to work on this later tonight. ;_;

Ran through to Deathsingers 3x with my characters

Titan - Shards, Energy
Warlock - No Lands Beyond, Shards
Hunter - Gauntlets, Chest, Energy, Shards

Nightfalls

Titan - Legendary Pulse Rifle (scrap)
Warlock - 7 Energy (or 3 scrapped Legendaries worth of energy)
Hunter - A single Spirit Bloom
(haven't actually done it yet, but anticipating)

Finally! Almost two weeks waiting for Salvage, but I finally have the Guardian Lord Trophy.

l9d2ncv.jpg

23k8Ig6.jpg

LiK

Salvage is just Skirmish with Control aspects. Make a team or get at least one buddy to play with you. It's almost impossible with all randoms.

Looking for 1 more for the CE raid this evening, around 9PM GMT +1.
If we have time, we'll probably run 3 raids back to back.
Anyone interested in joining can message me here or add TearsOfBlood on PSN, I'll get on around 9PM.

Izuna

Banned
Second group Reaaaaaaly wanted to fucking cheese, took like 30 minutes of retries and shit.

I will quit the next time I see a team that wants to.

Got another Helmet, but all I want is the chest and shards so that's fine.

Deku Tree

Thanks!! We Raiding CE tomorrow?

Also, I should be available tonight to tag along for a Flawless run. Finally got most of the shopping out of the way :/

Thanks! I am away tomorrow for Xmas eve. I can raid Thursday or OK if you want to find an ALT for me this week. I am not 100% sure when the next flawless attempt is taking place but we would be happy to have Sherpa Flawless Cuco come along if we have room. I will look for you.

Dave_6

Congrats Hawkian on finally getting the Fatebringer! Awesome that we both finally got it on the same run! That's one hell of a haul you got last night.

EL CUCO

Thanks! I am away tomorrow for Xmas eve. I can raid Thursday or OK if you want to find an ALT for me this week. I am not 100% sure when the next flawless attempt is taking place but we would be happy to have Sherpa Flawless Cuco come along if we have room. I will look for you.

Oh crap. I remember Christmas but forgot about Christmas eve parties lol I might not be able to do anything tomorrow either.

We'll just play it by ear.

matmanx1

Well after two IB tourney's I have come to the conclusion that outside of raiding IB is the most exciting and fun thing for me in Destiny. It's simultaneously fun and frustrating and it's the pull and push of up one minute down the next that keeps it exciting.

I'm not the best PVP player by any stretch, I usually struggle to keep a 1.0 K/D. I just put my heart in to it and try to do the best I can and support my team. This week I improved my lightning grenade tossing abilities (fantastic for control) and started to get comfortable with using a fusion rifle (Perun's Fire). I also ranked up the Crucible to Rank 3 and bought my first ever Crucible QM weapon, Three Little Words.

I managed to roll an Efrideet's Spear with Spray and Play and Final Round that also has the choice between Armor Piercing rounds or Perfect Balance, which I consider to be nearly perfect. All in all, it was a pretty great week and I am ready to get back to raiding.

Went to the raid chest on the moon and....
Gjallarhorn!!! I finally got one! Christmas is saved!!! Promptly inhaled deeply prior to yelling out in pure amazed excitement.

Namikaze1

People can hate Destiny and Bungie all they like as I hate some if not most of the decisions they made with the game but outright disrespecting people who are still playing the game and/or enjoy it is damn distasteful. I seriously don't understand why some people are pissed that there are people actually enjoying their time in the game. I can't venture into any other Destiny thread since you have posts with people disrespecting those that still play the game. I would post in those threads but I rather not get ban. It just gets on my nerves their disrespectful attitude towards Destiny players.

Looks my Warlock is now the only class without enough armour to get to 32.

Meh, he was always my 3rd favourite anyways and was last to get 30 before too.

spyder_ur

Congrats Hawkian on finally getting the Fatebringer! Awesome that we both finally got it on the same run! That's one hell of a haul you got last night.

Finally got it Dave? Sweet. I think we've done 3 or 4 hard raids together and I was always super bummed/embarrassed when you didn't get it and I got my 3rd or 4th for scrapping.

Top Bottom