• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

500 people working on the game and / or sequel.

Why does it feel, given the number of weapons / models / new ships being modular and just merged versions of older ships that the majority are on the sequel? :).

Still like the game, obviously, but just saying.

I feel that Destiny had huge development problems, but Bungie is really working hard to correct it. As much as I complain, the game is still fun - they just need to add a bunch of QOL changes. Such as more vault space (MUST), glimmer cap increase and material exchange. If they want to keep the grind, go ahead but just make things easier for us and less tedious.

3 nightfalls, 3 raids, 3 weeklies. Nothing good all legendaries. Not even new armor I needed.

Fuck this shit. Another week of disappointment.

At least you got raid materials. How did you get everything done so fast?

Holy shit, just booted the game and jumped into the raid solo to grab that first chest, wipe twice, get chest, Gjallarhorn acquired. Been trying for it for so, so long.

Agent

Gjallarhorn seems to be dropping a lot in the last few days. I've never seen so many posts of people getting it. Heck I've gotten 2 in the last 3 weeks, but they are the 1.0 versions. I hope to get a 2.0 version soon.

Dave_6

Thanks, I still can't believe it! I'm not convinced I didn't dream those screenshots yet. I went into Weekly Strike before crashing and tore it apart though...

Yeah I spent an hour just blowing Vex apart with it after I unlocked Firefly. So good.

Damn - that's killer. Don't have the Foil yet - not sure I care. The Vex, though...

I was just happy to finally have all the VoG weapons.

Got bored with playing gamble with motes of light so bought this..

Being a Hunter, you can always find use for those extra motes.

Still my fav Hunter cloak! I'm still in the process of buying all of the Speaker cloaks.

noomi

Gjallarhorn seems to be dropping a lot in the last few days. I've never seen so many posts of people getting it. Heck I've gotten 2 in the last 3 weeks, but they are the 1.0 versions. I hope to get a 2.0 version soon.

I'm really hoping to get one today. Even if VoG drops it, I'll be happy. Actually getting it is 90% of the battle :(

*edit*

Crota drops exotics right? I've never heard anyone mention a horn or moon drop off him though, seems like only the new DLC exotics...

LTWood12

Yeah I got two within a span of 5 days. Then someone I was playing w/ got one a few days later in the nightfall.

Homeboyd

I've been playing since launch almost daily and have yet to even be in a game where a gjallarhorn dropped, much less get one myself.

R0ckman

Looks like I'm gonna make a hunter alt. raid is starting to give me only damn shards and energies... My raid luck is horrible in terms of getting armor. Just need the damn boots.

Izuna

Banned
Got Chest now. I ll raid gear, and 36 Helmet/Arms maxed, with 36 Chest not levelled.

All I want NOW is Crux of Crota and Void Handcannon. =PPPPPP

So it's just shards for me now, which is almost just guaranteed.

Only other thing I could have optionally is a new Arc Heavy since the one I have is 300, but I don't think I will bother.

spyder_ur

People can hate Destiny and Bungie all they like as I hate some if not most of the decisions they made with the game but outright disrespecting people who are still playing the game and/or enjoy it is damn distasteful. I seriously don't understand why some people are pissed that there are people actually enjoying their time in the game. I can't venture into any other Destiny thread since you have posts with people disrespecting those that still play the game. I would post in those threads but I rather not get ban. It just gets on my nerves their disrespectful attitude towards Destiny players.

I know that feel. It seems like some posters on the gaming side think you must have horrible taste and brain rot if you like destiny. It is just disrespectful. I get that a lot of old halo fans are angry that Bungie did not keep making their kind of pick up and play space shooter but that doesn't mean they should have the right to hate people who actually enjoy Destiny.

Same here. In fact, I find myself spending less and less time in general gaming threads. The vitriol often being spewed in those threads at anyone that has an opposing point of view from the "GAF consensus" (which often consists of those members camping the thread at the time) has turned me off completely. I find myself wondering what happened to the time where members could disagree with others' opinions but respect their right to have an opinion different from their own. Now most Destiny threads turn into a spew of personal attacks, with "respect" for anyone's opinion daring to like Destiny nowhere to be seen.

Yup, you guys all put it well. In those threads on the gaming side I have seriously seen people compare people who play Destiny to addicts or even abuse victims. That kind of stuff goes too far, is nonsensical and a bit offensive. I don't know of any other game that has a large following where it's acceptable to say something like that about a game's fanbase.

Oh well, I'll just keep hanging out here and having fun playing the game with you all. For example, fun playing with you last night Jaaz (I'm Spyder_ur). I want that damn black hammer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, some of those posts are... I don't even know how to qualify them anymore. ^^
:-/

There's a disturbing, like, half-understanding of variable ratio reinforcement in gaming and the ways a game can manipulate gamer psychology in that thread (before even getting into whether this is a universally bad thing or not). It's making me uncomfortable as someone who spends an embarrassing amount of time thinking about and trying to have a solid grasp of these concepts.
I was just happy to finally have all the VoG weapons.
Still want that Foil for my FR collection. :D Sounds like i'm talking about pokemon cards

realcZk

:-/

There's a disturbing, like, half-understanding of variable ratio reinforcement in gaming and the ways a game can manipulate gamer psychology in that thread (before even getting into whether this is a universally bad thing or not). It's making me uncomfortable as someone who spends an embarrassing amount of time thinking about and trying to have a solid grasp on these concepts.

Still want that Foil for my FR collection. :D Sounds like i'm talking about pokemon cards

i play destiny for the gjallarhorn because once i acquire the gjallarhorn, i can finally play destiny

I feel bummed out about the iron banner AR, in iron banner without upgrades each bullet was 10 damage to a body hit (30 hitting another 30), in normalized PvP it's 11 lol.

I feel like the gun will shine in iron banner when it's at 331 damage rating but in normal pvp it's shit.

coy

I had 10 minutes until reset to see what was up and do at least 1 NF/Weekly but fell asleep at the controller. For 6 hours. Sorry to anyone that sent message/invite I was not ignoring y'all. Now off to work. ;_;

People can hate Destiny and Bungie all they like as I hate some if not most of the decisions they made with the game but outright disrespecting people who are still playing the game and/or enjoy it is damn distasteful. I seriously don't understand why some people are pissed that there are people actually enjoying their time in the game. I can't venture into any other Destiny thread since you have posts with people disrespecting those that still play the game. I would post in those threads but I rather not get ban. It just gets on my nerves their disrespectful attitude towards Destiny players.

i feel the same. we're all aware of the game's problems and we have regular discussion about them, but some people think the game's problems or their personal disappointment means we're all idiots for still playing and enjoying it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So... 63 Radiant Shards...
3pLRpVY.jpg

Hunter 2/4 (Gauntlets + Boots), Titan 2/4 (Gauntlets + Boots), Warlock 1/4 (Gauntlets)
Warlock still has CE up till Bridge, so 2 chances at gear/loot

Whichever gets next piece get 63 shards!

Top Bottom