• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

spyder_ur

This week's haul after 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies, 3 Crotas End Raid Clears, 2 Vanguard Packages and 1 Cryptarch Package

Another good week and we are less than 12 hours into the reset!

That is a great haul.

Question though: Why do you do all of this in the first 12 hours or so of the week? I like to spread my Destiny out a little bit - well I'm actually forced to because of a 9-5 job. I do actually enjoy getting up early on Tuesday and doing the Nightfalls before I go to work though.

Pfft, they should have also been aware of the heavy ammo bug ages ago and nada (oh but they were quick to stop Armamentarium and raid boots from stacking for extra heavy ammo)

Yeah that just sucks. Nothing like losing heavy ammo after dying.

The thing that bothers me about the heavy ammo stacking is that it shows they have no faith in their own balancing. If you are using two pieces of gear with heavy ammo then you are sacrificing something else. But this just makes one piece of gear useless which is dumb

Wynnebeck

Banned
1-20: do whatever is your level or below and all vanguard bounties. If there's nothing your level or below and vanguard bounties are done, do PVP and PVP bounties or wait until tomorrow for vanguard bounties to reset. build doesn't matter

20+: Do 'vanguard strikes' (a circle on the right of tower) that are your level or lower. equip armor of the highest light, build and stats don't matter. Gather Vanguard marks. If you want to, play PVP to gather Crucible marks.

Goal: 100 vanguard marks and 60+ crucible marks by Tuesday server reset

21+: Do weekly heroics/nightfall/strikes that you are able to do. Ask for people to run it through for you if you have to. Gather Strange Coins.

Goal: 100 vanguard marks and 60+ crucible marks by Tuesday server reset, 20+ Strange Coins by Saturday

Vanguard/Crucible Marks: Buy a set of armor. chose perks/stats you like. Level vanguard/crucible 3+ for the Commendation required for helmet/chest. Cheapest to buy 2 of chest/boot/arms from either vanguard or crucible (150 marks), and the last piece from the other (75 marks). Takes two 'weeks' minimum.

Goal: 200 vanguard marks, 120-150 Crucible marks, 1 Commendation from each. 20+ Strange Coins by saturday

Xur: Friday/Saturday Xur appears. Hope to buy a helmet from him for 13 strange coins. get an exotic shard for 7 coins.

Goal: 50 marks each week, do bounties to level up your new set of gear

Materials: User 10 marks for 20 mats, or look up videos on how to farm materials from the planets.

3 armors + Xur helmet = Light Level 31 when maxed. Now you can do any of the current content.

Goal: each week: Nightfall first, then weekly, then raids. each day: daily + whatever bounties you feel like doing.

Another route: Save marks and coins, buy from Xur first, if it's not a helmet, then you'll need 120 marks instead of 75, so 150 marks of one type (vanguard/crucible), and 120 of the other.

Well. I see I have much to learn. Thanks for the help.

Ooh, control on the new maps, finally!
oh wow. Nice!

Ooh, control on the new maps, finally!

I can buy something from Crucible vendor this week. Any suggestions? I already have For The People, Three Little Words (drop w/ full auto), B-Line Trauma, and Against All Odds. I suppose I will buy TFWPKY but I really want a sweet drop of that and not the vendor version.
I would recommend TFWPKY. Might as well go for it instead of hoping for a drop and then never getting it ;p

k1t4j

Guys I have a Crota checkpoint that I would like to complete.

Are there 5 experienced players that can help me clean this out in the next 30 mins or so.

I am one of those poor people with no G-horn or IceBreaker, so please have mercy and be kind in this christmas season.

Guys I have a Crota checkpoint that I would like to complete.

Are there 5 experienced players that can help me clean this out in the next 30 mins or so.

I am one of those poor people with no G-horn or IceBreaker, so please have mercy and be kind in this christmas season.

You don't need either one to beat Crota. You need a primary with a steady DPS output and a sniper/heavy for Crota after he gets up the first time. Corrective measure works fine. Rockets will be fine as well. The Ghorn worship in this thread is out of control. Every other post seems to be about it and it makes some people feel like they can't be effective in encounters without it. Just because a guy solo'd with It doesn't mean a full team also needs to use it.

Wat? You can absolutely use Radiance offensively and fuck all kinds of shit up with 'Oprah Mode'. You could kill around a dozen players with nades or spam AoE in a control point in PvP or spam fusion nades onto a boss, a guy solo'd Crota using this method. Not to mention it gives you an edge in general with the buffs. Many don't even use self rez in PvP but opt for enhanced toughness which can really make a difference in a one vs one fight, especially if you close in to melee each other.

Too many 'lol insta-kill' things in this game to do that against anyone competent.

I don't know, Squall™. Perhaps Oprah Mode™ will have to go untrademarked for now.

Haha I knew there was but was to lazy to find the page with all the values. I'm going to take a guess on how to do it: [trademark]Oprah Mode[/trademark]

Doh! I'll leave what I tried for hilarity. How do you do it?

Imagine 6 Titans with Ruin Wings in raid. Nonstop Heavy ammo drops.

I can't imagine! I forgot I had it on last night while glimmer farming at Gatekeeper and the 2 people I was with noticed it was dropping more frequently for them just by me having it on. I'd be interested to see how it is with multiple people haha

LiK

I can't imagine! I forgot I had it on last night while glimmer farming at Gatekeeper and the 2 people I was with noticed it was dropping more frequently for them just by me having it on. I'd be interested to see how it is with multiple people haha

Even when it was just two with me and Nami, had more than enough to keep the heavy weapons going. It's pretty great.

E92 M3

Yeah, when more people have Light of Abyss I expect a nerf. The charge/impact/range is insane. Kept getting killed by it after getting the drop on people. It is definitely my current most hated gun to face in PVP.

No more nerfs! I lobby Bungie against nerfs. Until they can guarantee PVP will not affect PVE I will diligently fight against nerfs. :D

Too many 'lol insta-kill' things in this game to do that against anyone competent.

Nah, just know when to use it like any other super in PvP. Radar shows there's a couple guys around the corner? Pop it, swing around the corner and stick the couple guys and pop back around the corner for cover as they explode. Or if you have solar, you spam a few of those at their feet and they'll panic as they burn.

Maybe if I post it here it will happen:

Gjallarhorn
Black Hammer

Please Santa, I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Dear Santa,

An upgrade to the horn.
Sell TLW.
Sell Praxic.

And to throw this one out there.... an upgrade to VoG raid weapons would just be out of this world awesome. Fatebringer and VoC 2.0 would make me the happiest. I'll gladly give away X strange coins and 7k glimmer for the upgrade.

OH! And more vault space and raise glimmer cap too, pretty pretty please.

Love,
xplicitone

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol. Radiant Skin can make a number of those insta-kills less than instant, and Scorch in Radiance is one of them for that matter.
Haha I knew there was but was to lazy to find the page with all the values. I'm going to take a guess on how to do it: [trademark]Oprah Mode[/trademark]

Doh! I'll leave what I tried for hilarity. How do you do it?
It's just an ASCII character, you can copy and paste it. or, hold alt + numpad 0153

Nah, just know when to use it like any other super in PvP. Radar shows there's a couple guys around the corner? Pop it, swing around the corner and stick the couple guys and pop back around the corner for cover as they explode. Or if you have solar, you spam a few of those at their feet and they'll panic as they burn.

Except they can see you on radar too and lol Nova bomb/lol Titan smash/lol Rocket/lol shotguns/lol fusion rifles.

If you had a nova bomb though,,,

Dear Santa,

An upgrade to the horn.
Sell TLW.
Sell Praxic.

And to throw this one out there.... an upgrade to VoG raid weapons would just be out of this world awesome. Fatebringer and VoC 2.0 would make me the happiest. I'll gladly give away X strange coins and 7k glimmer for the upgrade.

OH! And more vault space and raise glimmer cap too, pretty pretty please.

Love,
xplicitone

Fatebringer 2.0 would be a m a z i n g

it's never happening

bosseye

I'm pottering around the galaxy if anyone wants me to make up the numbers in raid, nightfall, whatever. PSN BarryFishFinger

Or just send me a FR for the future cos my online name brings you joy ho ho

phen0m24

I'm not sure, Lik. I've used them on my Titan since maxing them and the heavy drops in the raid seem to be every other wipe, just like with other characters.

In regular Patrol or Missions, yes, there is purple everywhere. But in the raid, at least in my experience: not as much of the purple candy laying around.

Zakalwe

Banned
My Jolder's hammer has twin stability mods:

Perfect balance & Counterbalance. Plus grenadier.

I feel sorry for he other team when they leme tak the heavy ammo.

rNilla

I'm not sure, Lik. I've used them on my Titan since maxing them and the heavy drops in the raid seem to be every other wipe, just like with other characters.

In regular Patrol or Missions, yes, there is purple everywhere. But in the raid, at least in my experience: not as much of the purple candy laying around.

Once I Nova Bombed a cluster of at least six Thrall at the beginning of the raid and every single one dropped purple ammo. However, with Ruin Wings during the Crota battle I still sometimes struggle to find a purple drop.

LiK

I always have plenty. They just happen to sometimes drop in areas I wouldn't want to get to cuz I could die like where the Knights are in balcony or next to Sword Bearer in center area. I hope someone tests it out with all Titans.

Except they can see you on radar too and lol Nova bomb/lol Titan smash/lol Rocket/lol shotguns/lol fusion rifles.

If you had a nova bomb though,,,
So you're trying to tell me at no time can you ever get off nades before someone one-shots you? Give me a break. I stick people all the freakin time in PvP. Sometimes they'll get a one shot in and we both die but there are plenty of times where I can leap and hover to the side or back to dodge what they do as they explode. If I'm not mistaken, they can one shot you while you're doing the nova bomb animation, no? EVERY ability can be defeated in this game, it's all about knowing when to use it and how to act upon using it so you don't go down with them.

I always have plenty. They just happen to sometimes drop in areas I wouldn't want to get to cuz I could die like where the Knights are in balcony or next to Sword Bearer in center area. I hope someone tests it out with all Titans.
I don't seem to get heavy ammo drops with Ruin Wings when I'm using a heavy weapon, but it rains purple when I use a primary or special.

Another disappointing reset for drops. About the only "bright" spot was finally getting a radiant shard to put me at level 31. Xur better bring it, my Love/Hate relationship with the game is teetering on the latter.

Sullichin

Game keeps giving me LMGs. I don't even have a rocket launcher now, let alone the horn. Might buy the Valedictorian from Crucible just to have something.

So you're trying to tell me at no time can you ever get off nades before someone one-shots you? Give me a break. I stick people all the freakin time in PvP. Sometimes they'll get a one shot in and we both die but there are plenty of times where I can leap and hover to the side or back to dodge what they do as they explode. If I'm not mistaken, they can one shot you while you're doing the nova bomb animation, no? EVERY ability can be defeated in this game, it's all about knowing when to use it and how to act upon using it so you don't go down with them.

Isn't there a perk for the titan where you're invincible during fist of havok?

phen0m24

Dear Bungie Santa:

We've been really good.
please forgive occasional nibbles of tasty fromage

May we please have:

Ammo that doesn't disappear
Bigger vaults above the atmosphere
Boss fights that truly drop fair loot
Yes we're staring at you, Ir Yut
Shaders shading more than clothes
Hair that grows below our nose
Unlimited glimmer, no more currencies
But I'll tell you what we all want to see.
When we wake up this fine Christmas morn
EVERYONE WANTS A GJALLARHORN.

I just want an Ice Breaker.

Top Bottom