• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Sullichin

Do you guys think they should do something with class items and make them have some kind of bonuses? As it stands, getting a legendary class engram is the worst thing of them all.

The perks were cancelled and it made no difference if the weapon given to Xur was upgraded or not. Basically it put everyone on the same playing field, while neglecting the work put in earlier. People spent months trying to get 30 in VOG only for the expansion to allow everyone to get to 31 with merchants.

The Warlock class item is dumb. It's barely noticeable compared to the other classes. When I first got into the game I couldn't believe that the Speaker wanted a ton of motes for an arm band that does nothing.

FyreWulff

Do you guys think they should do something with class items and make them have some kind of bonuses? As it stands, getting a legendary class engram is the worst thing of them all.

That's a good question. I like how you can decide which one you want to wear with no real penalty, but at the same time class item engrams as drops is like.. goddamnit.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok, just hit Level 15 as a Warlock. Is there like an efficient build to get the most of out either Voidwalker or Sunsinger or can I just fly by the seat of my pants? Sorry for all of the noob questions.

E92 M3

It would be nice if they were more than cosmetic. Legendaries should have a subclass related perk.

Yes, something subtle so we can still go by cosmetic desires.

The Warlock class item is dumb. It's barely noticeable compared to the other classes. When I first got into the game I couldn't believe that the Speaker wanted a ton of motes for an arm band that does nothing.

Yeah, the only one I liked was the one with flames.

That's a good question. I like how you can decide which one you want to wear with no real penalty, but at the same time class item engrams as drops is like.. goddamnit.

A legendary class item engram = a wasted RNG opportunity. Blow fishhhhh

cakely

Getting killed by FRs is the most rage inducing outta all the other weapons.

People that play FR in crucible tend to be pretty good with them. It's a skill I never really learned I usually just roll with a shotty.

I've spent many an encounter dodging at mid range watching a guy charge an FR and hoping that they miss. They usually don't. :)

I try to arrange it so my encounters happen at long range where I can kill with my scout rifle or at touching range where my shotgun is a one-shot kill, but it doesn't always work out that way.

panda-zebra

Got most of 3 CEs done, found the boots I needed and most of the shards, plus some extra gauntlets to level and shred. If 2x lamps and 2x bridge give me shards or shreddables I'll be 32 this evening, If not probs 2 or 3 days to Eris rank 4 and energy/shard swaps. Might even shred my Titan's gear if I'm really close tonight. Dropped sniper from Crota so happy about that.

At gorgons now for a bit if anyone wants it, wouldn't mind jumping back in on my alts just to get that out of the way if poss.

psn: legoman-D

E92 M3

Thinking back, I remember when legendary engrams gave blue and green loot...good times, good times. Destiny has certainly changed a lot, but I still miss the social aspect of the loot cave. Skywatch was the place to be on a Saturday night.

raindoc

Hive disruptor grants bonus damage on Hive Majors, the problem is the bonus damage is currently canceling out the critical damage. In not registering critical damage, the white nail perk (3 crit shots=3 bullets automatically return to the clip) is voided.

The perk still works as described with other races of enemies and red bar enemy Hive, just not any Hive majors like Phogoth (yellow bar)

Edit: Beaten by Boguester like I owe him money

nah.

cakely

Ok, just hit Level 15 as a Warlock. Is there like an efficient build to get the most of out either Voidwalker or Sunsinger or can I just fly by the seat of my pants? Sorry for all of the noob questions.

Don't worry about builds yet, just find the highest damage gun you like and kill your way to 20. :)

The only real choice you can't "take back" in the game is where you invest your Ascendant materials.

I've been playing since launch almost daily and have yet to even be in a game where a gjallarhorn dropped, much less get one myself.

Ditto. And on a similar note, I'm 0 for 12 in getting anything but shards/energies between the first chess and bridge in CE. Really takes a hit to motivation to play. Crossing my fingers for nightfall this week!

FyreWulff

Which brings me to an opinion on engrams.

You should be able to dismantle an engram for something guaranteed, like Blues dismat into 500 glimmer, Legendaries dismat into 1 shard and 1 energy, and Exotics dismat into.. not sure what, since their result will always dismat into a Shard anyway, just shooting the shit here, but it would have made a bit more sense with engrams at launch if there was an actual reason for the gamble instead of being forced to always gamble.

So get a shitty class item engram? You've had enough for today, shard it into something guaranteed.

gdt

Here's my Destiny Xmas wish list for this week.

Hawkmoon, Ice Breaker, and Suros (I know) from wherever. Ghorn upgrade from Xur.

Raid boots for my Hunter and Warlock (then they'd be done).

RNGeezus plz

RNGeesus has gifted me with Ice Breaker and the Hunter boots so far! All praise RNGeesus.

Dragon's Breath from the Nightfall, Truth from the CE chest... that will do.
Truth is a great weapon, don't let people tell you differently. That aggressive tracking is great, and it has an enormous blast radius before the first upgrades kick in. 6 rockets are a nice plus, too.

It's fun trying out different builds to see what fits your style the most, but my preferences are:
- Axion Bolt grenades
- Focused Control
- Shatter Nova Bomb
- Life Steal
- Arcane Spirit
- Angry Magic
- Divine Order
- Bloom

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well Husk of Pit grinding wasn't bad as I expected...
e1bkCfl.jpg

gdt

Get some exotics under your belt than you can start customizing builds. And yes max your classes and be 20 first.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Don't worry about builds yet, just find the highest damage gun you like and kill your way to 20. :)

The only real choice you can't "take back" in the game is where you invest your Ascendant materials.

Ok thanks! I'm reading on Bungie.net that Sunsinger is the way to go for Warlock, so I'm going down that skill tree until I hit 20 and be a big boy with you guys lol.

raindoc

Do you know for sure that Hive disruptor was activated? You can still max it with out selecting the perk.

Edit: I guess it's only bugged on Majors. I assumed Phogoth would still be in the mix from different reports I read on B.net
i recorded it myself, so yes.

Got two open spots at the final boss for Nightfall if anyone wants to join

PSN = hydruxxo
Almost tempting to use lunch break to run home to take advantage of this haha If I don't find a team for it tonight (and Lik is raiding) I'll probably end up in the same boat ;P Also, did I mention we're BFF because Agent Cooper is the best character to ever grace television?
Sunsinger is for people who die a lot.

The salt from non-Sunbros never ceases to amaze me.

Top Bottom