• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Sullichin

Ok thanks! I'm reading on Bungie.net that Sunsinger is the way to go for Warlock, so I'm going down that skill tree until I hit 20 and be a big boy with you guys lol.

Sunsinger is great for soloing PVE content and you can save your whole team from restarting if you use the self-revive smartly.

In PVP I would go with Radiant Skin over Fireborn. So many people use self revive in PVP and they just immediately die again. You can be smart about it and it can be very useful, but it's more situtational. Radiant Skin makes it feel more like a "normal" super, and although you can rack up the kills (don't forget to add scorch to the equation), it's not the insta-kill win button that Nova Bomb is if you go with Voidwalker. I give Voidwalker the edge in PVP for axion bolt grenades, energy drain (faster reload / movement speed after a melee strike), and Nova Bomb.

Sullichin

Awww yisss, level 32!

Qc27pxa.jpg

I'm amazed that people are level 32 already. Do you have 3 characters of the same class?

Also Female Titan armor looks so weird

cakely

Ok thanks! I'm reading on Bungie.net that Sunsinger is the way to go for Warlock, so I'm going down that skill tree until I hit 20 and be a big boy with you guys lol.

Eventually you'll spend enough XP to unlock both subclasses, so you can flip freely between both.

When you get to the point where you've maxed out Sunsinger, make sure you select the other subclass when you turn in bounties.

Sullichin

Yeah, when more people have Light of Abyss I expect a nerf. The charge/impact/range is insane. Kept getting killed by it after getting the drop on people. It is definitely my current most hated gun to face in PVP.

Idk hunters/warlocks that aggressively blink, slide, and melee with their Found Verdicts get on my nerves way more than any fusion rifle user.

Nothing brings me greater joy than having some nudnik slide at me with their shotgun, only to shoot them in the head with thorn + hunter melee to the face

Messiek

I'm amazed that people are level 32 already. Do you have 3 characters of the same class?

Idk how they are 32 already, I don't even have enough shards to get to 32. I guess rng smiled upon them, because once I hit Eris 4 I'll be 32.

This week's haul after 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies, 3 Crotas End Raid Clears, 2 Vanguard Packages and 1 Cryptarch Package

CE Titan Helmet
CE Titan Boots
No Land Beyond x2
Vanquisher VIII (331 Auto Rifle)
Plenty of Radiant Shards and Energy - More Energy than Shards :(
Plenty of Ascendant Shards and Energy
Many Strange Coins
CE Hunter Gauntlets
CE Warlock Boots

Not bad!

Just need 12 more Radiant Shards to get my Titan to 32.

My Hunter has 3/4 CE armour pieces and using an exotic helmet she can get to 32 as well, while my Warlock has 2/4 CE armour pieces and an exotic helmet he can use to get to 32. My Titan has all 4/4 CE armour pieces.

Another good week and we are less than 12 hours into the reset!

It's not hard at this point. I have three of all classes and have like 63 shards (exact amount needed for 3 raid pieces) and 30 something energy. If someone would get mostly shards and 3 of the raid pieces they would hit 32 by now. I would with my Titan or Warlock but need the chest and gloves, respectively.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Psychos hitting 32 already! Sheesh!
Yeah, when more people have Light of Abyss I expect a nerf. The charge/impact/range is insane. Kept getting killed by it after getting the drop on people. It is definitely my current most hated gun to face in PVP.
I don't think it needs one specifically, fusion rifles could just use an across-the-board nerf.

Light of the Abyss is nuts though. I can't believe how quickly you can pump out an accurate second shot. It's magnificent in fusion vs. fusion fights and against shotguns, which are by and large the best way to shut me down when i'm on a tear with one, so I definitely see where you're coming from. A couple lucky corners and I'm unstoppable.

Steroyd

It's not that farfetched, I have enough shards to max 3 pieces of gear and at the moment only need either Hunter chest or Warlock boots to get either to 32.

My Titan though... T_T

Ok, just hit Level 15 as a Warlock. Is there like an efficient build to get the most of out either Voidwalker or Sunsinger or can I just fly by the seat of my pants? Sorry for all of the noob questions.
1-20: do whatever is your level or below and all vanguard bounties. If there's nothing your level or below and vanguard bounties are done, do PVP and PVP bounties or wait until tomorrow for vanguard bounties to reset. build doesn't matter

20+: Do 'vanguard strikes' (a circle on the right of tower) that are your level or lower. equip armor of the highest light, build and stats don't matter. Gather Vanguard marks. If you want to, play PVP to gather Crucible marks.

Goal: 100 vanguard marks and 60+ crucible marks by Tuesday server reset

21+: Do weekly heroics/nightfall/strikes that you are able to do. Ask for people to run it through for you if you have to. Gather Strange Coins.

Goal: 100 vanguard marks and 60+ crucible marks by Tuesday server reset, 20+ Strange Coins by Saturday

Vanguard/Crucible Marks: Buy a set of armor. chose perks/stats you like. Level vanguard/crucible 3+ for the Commendation required for helmet/chest. Cheapest to buy 2 of chest/boot/arms from either vanguard or crucible (150 marks), and the last piece from the other (75 marks). Takes two 'weeks' minimum.

Goal: 200 vanguard marks, 120-150 Crucible marks, 1 Commendation from each. 20+ Strange Coins by saturday

Xur: Friday/Saturday Xur appears. Hope to buy a helmet from him for 13 strange coins. get an exotic shard for 7 coins.

Goal: 50 marks each week, do bounties to level up your new set of gear

Materials: User 10 marks for 20 mats, or look up videos on how to farm materials from the planets.

3 armors + Xur helmet = Light Level 31 when maxed. Now you can do any of the current content.

Goal: each week: Nightfall first, then weekly, then raids. each day: daily + whatever bounties you feel like doing.

Another route: Save marks and coins, buy from Xur first, if it's not a helmet, then you'll need 120 marks instead of 75, so 150 marks of one type (vanguard/crucible), and 120 of the other.

I don't think it needs one specifically, fusion rifles could just use an across-the-board nerf.

Light of the Abyss is nuts though. I can't believe how quickly you can pump out an accurate second shot. It's magnificent in fusion vs. fusion fights and against shotguns, which are by and large the best way to shut me down when i'm on a tear with one, so I definitely see where you're coming from. A couple lucky corners and I'm unstoppable.

Don't nerf my Light of the Abyss! I just maxed it to 331 and love it. I don't play PvP so I don't know if it is OP for that but I looooove it in PvE.

Just need 12 damn radiant shards for 32! Grrrr

LiK

Idk hunters/warlocks that aggressively blink, slide, and melee with their Found Verdicts get on my nerves way more than any fusion rifle user.

I don't mind shotties cuz you need to be pretty close esp after the nerf to kill. FRs still one shot me at mid range. I wouldn't mind if they nerfed the range for them.

Mindlog

Aaaand 11 ass shards from that Nightfall. Haha thanks for hopping in Mindlog and Dark1421!
Forgot how fragile my Hunter is and died unnecessarily.

I'd complain about my 7 coins, but I like them more than Shards :]
First Nightfall: Armamentarium
Nice having the upgraded version I guess, but I have Ruin Wings.
Second Nightfall: Ruin Wings
Nice having the Ruin Wings, but I already have fully upgraded Ruin Wings. Comparing stats this set has 1 more STR when fully upgraded.
Third Nightfall: Seven Strange Coins

So add it all together and the Nightfalls netted me 3 exotic shards.
Crota's first chest was a bust.

Come one Xur. Bring it. Obsidian Helm so I can ditch Crutchsinger forever.

phen0m24

This week's haul after 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies, 3 Crotas End Raid Clears, 2 Vanguard Packages and 1 Cryptarch Package

CE Titan Helmet
CE Titan Boots
No Land Beyond x2
Many Strange Coins
CE Hunter Gauntlets
CE Warlock Boots

Not bad!

My Hunter has 3/4 CE armour pieces and using an exotic helmet she can get to 32 as well, while my Warlock has 2/4 CE armour pieces and an exotic helmet he can use to get to 32. My Titan has all 4/4 CE armour pieces.

Having read previous posts from you getting el crapola, this is great to see. :)

Happy Byron is happy. LOL hope to play with you this week despite you already clearing pretty much everything... :)

CE Titan Helmet
CE Titan Boots
No Land Beyond x2
Many Strange Coins
CE Hunter Gauntlets
CE Warlock Boots

Not bad!

Excellent haul.

If you do not die the best ability of the class becomes useless. I got entire crucible matches getting to use it like twice, if I play voidwalker I get lots of uses and delicious multikills.

Wat? You can absolutely use Radiance offensively and fuck all kinds of shit up with 'Oprah Mode'. You could kill around a dozen players with nades or spam AoE in a control point in PvP or spam fusion nades onto a boss, a guy solo'd Crota using this method. Not to mention it gives you an edge in general with the buffs. Many don't even use self rez in PvP but opt for enhanced toughness which can really make a difference in a one vs one fight, especially if you close in to melee each other.

LTWood12

I don't mind shotties cuz you need to be pretty close esp after the nerf to kill. FRs still one shot me at mid range. I wouldn't mind if they nerfed the range for them.

You joined me on the Wakening the other day Lik and I had to duck out like right after you joined. So sorry!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
3 armors + Xur helmet = Light Level 31 when maxed. Now you can do any of the current content.
Overkill actually- could have the Helm only to 33, or the helm at 36 and one of the armor pieces only to 30 light to hit level 31.
Don't nerf my Light of the Abyss! I just maxed it to 331 and love it. I don't play PvP so I don't know if it is OP for that but I looooove it in PvE.

Just need 12 damn radiant shards for 32! Grrrr
I love it quite deeply too, Arc burn especially of course. Rapidly threatening to dethrone my 77 Wizard as my favorite legendary Fusion. I do need to see if/where a new school legendary void one is being sold.

Sullichin

It's not hard at this point. I have three of all classes and have like 63 shards (exact amount needed for 3 raid pieces) and 30 something energy. If someone would get mostly shards and 3 of the raid pieces they would hit 32 by now. I would with my Titan or Warlock but need the chest and gloves, respectively.

I definitely just need to raid more. But I come into this thread on reset day and see lots of people are done raiding/nightfalling on 3 characters already. That's crazy to me. I couldn't possibly play this game more but I'm not that efficient. I spend more time in Crucible than anywhere.

Wat? You can absolutely use Radiance offensively and fuck all kinds of shit up with 'Oprah Mode'. You could kill around a dozen players with nades or spam AoE in a control point in PvP or spam fusion nades onto a boss, a guy solo'd Crota using this method. Not to mention it gives you an edge in general with the buffs. Many don't even use self rez in PvP but opt for enhanced toughness which can really make a difference in a one vs one fight, especially if you close in to melee each other.

Does Oprah mode entail screaming "you get a car, you get a car" while tossing fusion grenades?

LTWood12

it is totally boss. First weapon I got from Crota. That charge rate is soooo nice.

CE Titan Helmet
CE Titan Boots
No Land Beyond x2
Many Strange Coins
CE Hunter Gauntlets
CE Warlock Boots

Not bad!

I am so damn jealous of your 331 Vanq. Does it happen to have Perfect Balance?

150 crucible marks takes so long to acquire :(

Does Oprah mode entail screaming "you get a car, you get a car" while tossing fusion grenades?

Hehe oh I'll do it but I actually say nades. "You get a nade and you get a nade and you and you EVERYBODY GETS NADES!" sometimes I simply opt for "Oprah Mode!" as I don't think my poor Raid mates could take me shouting the full routine every time.

Sullichin

Ooh, control on the new maps, finally!

I can buy something from Crucible vendor this week. Any suggestions? I already have For The People, Three Little Words (drop w/ full auto), B-Line Trauma, and Against All Odds. I suppose I will buy TFWPKY but I really want a sweet drop of that and not the vendor version.

Top Bottom