• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Having read previous posts from you getting el crapola, this is great to see. :)

Happy Byron is happy. LOL hope to play with you this week despite you already clearing pretty much everything... :)

Last week was an even better haul with Gjallerhorn! I tried to get a lot done today as I will be swamped tomorrow and Thursday. Hosting Christmas Eve dinner for my family and my wife's family at our house tomorrow.

Excellent haul.

Thanks!

Overkill actually- could have the Helm only to 33, or the helm at 36 and one of the armor pieces only to 30 light to hit level 31.

I love it quite deeply too, Arc burn especially of course. Rapidly threatening to dethrone my 77 Wizard as my favorite legendary Fusion. I do need to see if/where a new school legendary void one is being sold.

Yes it is my favourite fusion rifle next to pocket infinity.

I am so damn jealous of your 331 Vanq. Does it happen to have Perfect Balance?

150 crucible marks takes so long to acquire :(

It does! I was going to grind crucible to get it but I lucked out!

Dear Bungie Santa:

We've been really good.
please forgive occasional nibbles of tasty fromage

May we please have:

Ammo that doesn't disappear
Bigger vaults above the atmosphere
Boss fights that truly drop fair loot
Yes we're staring at you, Ir Yut
Shaders shading more than clothes
Hair that grows below our nose
Unlimited glimmer, no more currencies
But I'll tell you what we all want to see.
When we wake up this fine Christmas morn
EVERYONE WANTS A GJALLARHORN.

I just want an Ice Breaker.

Amazing!

Dear Bungie Santa:

We've been really good.

May we please have:

YOU'LL GET NO MAN BEYOND AND YOU'LL LIKE IT

That is a great haul.

Question though: Why do you do all of this in the first 12 hours or so of the week? I like to spread my Destiny out a little bit - well I'm actually forced to because of a 9-5 job. I do actually enjoy getting up early on Tuesday and doing the Nightfalls before I go to work though.

I usually do. But see my post above.

Wife and 3 children at Christmas = Very little time this week

Deku Tree

This week's haul after 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies, 3 Crotas End Raid Clears, 2 Vanguard Packages and 1 Cryptarch Package

CE Titan Helmet
CE Titan Boots
No Land Beyond x2
Vanquisher VIII (331 Auto Rifle)
Plenty of Radiant Shards and Energy - More Energy than Shards :(
Plenty of Ascendant Shards and Energy
Many Strange Coins
CE Hunter Gauntlets
CE Warlock Boots

Not bad!

Just need 12 more Radiant Shards to get my Titan to 32.

My Hunter has 3/4 CE armour pieces and using an exotic helmet she can get to 32 as well, while my Warlock has 2/4 CE armour pieces and an exotic helmet he can use to get to 32. My Titan has all 4/4 CE armour pieces.

Another good week and we are less than 12 hours into the reset!

Hey congrats Cosmos! You got it all done and got good loot!

Deku Tree

So are all 32s here currently Titans?

I might make 32 this week as a warlock. At least it's possible. I am 11 radiant shards away and I have lots of drops left to roll.

Not too bad at all! Did you hit 32 yet?

I'm only 12 shards away

I'll be on again later if you want to play! I know things have been wonky these past few weeks.
Not yet. 11 shards away and lots of drops left to go. Only done 2/3 of one raid this week and didn't get the first chest yet. I'll be on before 3pm and then at around 9pm. I'd be happy to play. It's also easy to find a group this week if your busy with other activities.

All I want for Bungie Christmas is for the same 3 exotic bounties to not show up.

249 hours of game time and the same 3 exotic bounties EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'm sure you can guess which 3 they are.

phen0m24

no land beyond is easily the worst thing about destiny

What good is a max range sniper rifle with a manual scope?

Step right up folks and take a look at the Moisin Nagant of the Future.

It hits things that you can't even see through your sights!

Yes, those would be iron sights. No, I'm not sure if they're actually made of relic iron.

I think they're made of sharded obsolete VoG raid gear.

I might make 32 this week as a warlock. At least it's possible. I am 11 radiant shards away and I have lots of drops left to roll.

Not yet. 11 shards away and lots of drops left to go. Only done 2/3 of one raid this week and didn't get the first chest yet. I'll be on before 3pm and then at around 9pm. I'd be happy to play. It's also easy to find a group this week if your busy with other activities.

I'll be on around 9pm, I'll be glad to help with Nightfalls. I have to do Eris bounties and dailies.

Dear Bungie Santa:

We've been really good.

May we please have:

giphy.gif

kidko

On vacation at my parents' house and playing via vita remote play. Need 3 crucible marks to buy something so playing clash... Feel so bad for my team lol. Just went 1 and 18!!! Amazing

Shito

This reset starts ok: got gloves and chest on my hunter soloing the first two phases of CE.
Probably means I'll get jack shit on my warlock... :D

On vacation at my parents' house and playing via vita remote play. Need 3 crucible marks to buy something so playing clash... Feel so bad for my team lol. Just went 1 and 18!!! Amazing

Vita remote play in crucible requires such a change in play style! Fusion rifle / shotguns and low recoil assault rifles are the only way.

realcZk

guys, lets start a changes/wish list for crota's end heroic:

Wish list:

- Crota disconnect cheese fixed
- Bridge cheeses fixed
- A cute lil green sparrow that screams like omnigul when you drive too fast
- Crota can "accidentally" drop the upgraded fatebringer

Changes we know of

- Level 33 enemies (according to the bungie.net advisors page)
- Raid primary weapons will be added to the loot tables

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Any CE raids about to start? Never done it and looking to get my feet wet. PSN: DY_nastyIV

31 hunter

I fucking got TWO today!!!

One from killing Crota and another from Nightfall...

Yeeeeeesh

It is so bad. I don't understand why it exists.

I was playing with some guy and he was just tearing it up with it in Iron Banner. I was brainwashed by neogaf to think it sucked but he proved me wrong

phen0m24

Wish list:

- Bridge cheeses fixed

Changes we know of

- Raid primary weapons will drop

Double the drop rate of shards or a 1:1 ascendant/radiant shard conversion option somewhere in the game without requiring Eris. Seriously. I don't want to grind in order to grind for more shards.

If no revives, then change Ir Yut. That fight is just crazy as is with level 32's. I wonder what the skip rate is on it.

"let's just find a Crota CP, then start fresh and bail at Ir Yut."
bet it happens a good part of the time

Shito

Wish list:

- Bridge cheeses fixed
- Crota can "accidentally" drop the upgraded fatebringer

Changes we know of

- Raid primary weapons will be added to the loot tables
Don't you dare touch my bridge cheese! ^^

This weeks loot:

Warlock
Nightfall - 10 Energy
CE 1st Chest - Rad shards
Lamps - Rad shards, gloves (repeat)
Bridge - Rad shards, chest
Crota - Rad shards

Hunter
Nightfall - Crappy legendary
Lamps - Rad energy, gloves
Bridge - Rad shards, chest
Crota - Rad energy

Titan
Nightfall - Crappy legendary
Lamps - Rad energy
Bridge - Rad energy
Crota - Rad shards

I rate this week a D+

The Raid armour is nice, but bad stats on them, bad enough I'd maybe wait for repeats before investing shards into them. No exotics. Nightfall is crap, Crota is crap. Poor Titan, crap all around for him.

Guess I could VoG hard but not holding my breath for anything.

realcZk

Double the drop rate of shards or a 1:1 ascendant/radiant shard conversion option somewhere in the game without requiring Eris. Seriously. I don't want to grind in order to grind for more shards.

If no revives, then change Ir Yut. That fight is just crazy as is with level 32's. I wonder what the skip rate is on it.

"let's just find a Crota CP, then start fresh and bail at Ir Yut."
bet it happens a good part of the time

haha yeah, a lot of people like to skip ir yut. she's a riot. a buddy and I two-manned her after a few tries but it felt a bit cheesy. I remember the first night we did the raid blind and we did it with everyone sprinting in there and trying to hop around the knights while dpsing her. it was pretty damn funny. eventually we got her.

You don't need either one to beat Crota. You need a primary with a steady DPS output and a sniper/heavy for Crota after he gets up the first time. Corrective measure works fine. Rockets will be fine as well. The Ghorn worship in this thread is out of control. Every other post seems to be about it and it makes some people feel like they can't be effective in encounters without it. Just because a guy solo'd with It doesn't mean a full team also needs to use it.

Beat Crota legit last night for the 1st time and I absolutely agree with this. I have a Ghorn and didn't use it. No one else even used theirs because we were using Icebreakers (those who had them) instead. The people firing rockets were using just plain rocket launchers.

Just because you don't have a Ghorn doesn't mean you're gimped. Play smart with a good team and you'll be fine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really gotta give Luke props for poking his head into the other thread with a ittle note on how the resources are allocated. I know that the consensus here is generally that developers should take what they get from the community and politeness needs to be earned, but I know I wouldn't touch these threads with ten foot pole unless ordered to myself.

Top Bottom