• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

joecanada

Wow, there was a weekend I got two truths in crucible. On the other hand, I never got anything from VoG armor wise except the gauntlets, even though that raid is behind me, I'm still pissed about that. Where can I see my total amount of crucible matches?

to put this in perspective, I just checked and I have over 1.5 DAYS playing crucible, not one legendary, exotic, never even seen an exotic drop in crucible.
Its pretty shameful but I never count on RNG for drops always buy what I need, and I have found stuff in nightfall. Ironically I have Gjallahorn, maxed IB 2.0, monte carlo, for the people, and a huge collection of others, about 90 percent were bought from vanguard, xur, and crucible.

joecanada

how long would it take to earn about 75 crucible marks? I can't remember how the system works as a I took a break for a while from it. Is it 3 per win? is there other ways to earn crucible marks??

spyder_ur

"let's just find a Crota CP, then start fresh and bail at Ir Yut."
bet it happens a good part of the time

The last two or three Crota groups have formed have done this - I didn't know that was the plan until joining. I don't care that much, but I'd rather run the raid proper. Simple solution - add a drop at Ir Yut.

phen0m24

Beat Crota legit last night for the 1st time and I absolutely agree with this. I have a Ghorn and didn't use it. No one else even used theirs because we were using Icebreakers (those who had them) instead. The people firing rockets were using just plain rocket launchers.

Just because you don't have a Ghorn doesn't mean you're gimped. Play smart with a good team and you'll be fine.

One does need a Gjallarhorn, but if one has a Gjallarhorn, one should not bring a knife
all of the other weapons
to a gun
read:Horn
fight.

JK

Yes, Corrective Measure works great as well. But to have a Horn is to love a Horn.

I really gotta give Luke props for poking his head into the other thread with a ittle note on how the resources are allocated. I know that the consensus here is generally that developers should take what they get from the community and politeness needs to be earned, but I know I wouldn't touch these threads with ten foot pole unless ordered to myself.

What? It's that bad here?

phen0m24

I really gotta give Luke props for poking his head into the other thread with a ittle note on how the resources are allocated. I know that the consensus here is generally that developers should take what they get from the community and politeness needs to be earned, but I know I wouldn't touch these threads with ten foot pole unless ordered to myself.

There are many fun nuggets though. Gotta be able to take the good with the bad.

spyder_ur

how long would it take to earn about 75 crucible marks? I can't remember how the system works as a I took a break for a while from it. Is it 3 per win? is there other ways to earn crucible marks??

Yes, 3 a win and 2 per loss. I play mostly control and feel I probably finish maybe 6 games an hour. So if you went 50/50 getting 15 marks an hour, about 5 hours?

realcZk

I dunno if you've skimmed the other thread, but I do remember DeeJ posting in our OT9... for a minute..

i really dont know why he left, it wasn't that bad at all. someone (blame math) just linked a thumbs-down.gif at one of his jokes. i think he was probably joking as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Two >4.0 K/D control games in Skyshock in a row, lets see if this will be a third. Am I the only one who likes this map?
You're the first I've heard!

I think it would be great for a 12v12 mode.
i really dont know why he left, it wasn't that bad at all. someone (blame math) just linked a thumbs-down.gif at one of his jokes. i think he was probably joking as well.
eh. I think there was room to have him spend some time around after the reaction to his joke, and then there wasn't any more. I guess we will never know exactly why, but I know why I would've. :-/ just takes a different sort of constitution to be a game dev, and I do have a lot of respect for it.

what thread?

Link to his replies?

I find it interesting how often they show up in the Gaming threads and rarely here.

One does need a Gjallarhorn, but if one has a Gjallarhorn, one should not bring a knife
all of the other weapons
to a gun
read:Horn
fight.

JK

Yes, Corrective Measure works great as well. But to have a Horn is to love a Horn.

Yes I have a horn and I love it but the hype is just out of control at this point. Read the thread and pretty much 1/3 posts are about gjallarhorn.

Judgment VI and Radiant Dance Machines out of this weeks Nightfall. I really should make a third char for a third chance...

That's why I started my alts. First to have 3 chances at the daily public event reward for shards and coins.

Now for everything

It starts small then you go in deeper and deeper!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Link to his replies?

I find it interesting how often they show up in the Gaming threads and rarely here.
it's just this, a little clarification. nothing big
Yes I have a horn and I love it but the hype is just out of control at this point. Read the thread and pretty much 1/3 posts are about gjallarhorn.
My favorite was the 2-page aria on how Bungie really should nerf Gjallarhorn because it breaks the game and the fact that it's so good bespeaks poor design, after the 50 collective pages over the OT span about how much Bungie hates fun.

eh. I think there was room to have him spend some time around after the reaction to his joke, and then there wasn't any more. I guess we will never know exactly why, but I know why I would've. :-/ just takes a different sort of constitution to be a game dev, and I do have a lot of respect for it.

Especially with Deej only being a community manager. He gets told what to tell us...

I love how the community has kind of created their own lore about several of the more notable exotics and even legendaries in this game. Everyone has their own stories about how they got their horn/IB/FB/etc or what they did with it.

It's good fun, and reminds me of WoW's Thunderfury/Warglaives/Dragonwrath/etc and people questing to earn them.

phen0m24

We are also cultivating a pretty nice TM™ community today as well.

I had previously attempted to trademark The Hive Room (TM) to no avail before learning of the ™.
I've recently enjoyed farming the Gatekeeper Glimmer Farm™ and my son enjoyed Twilight Gap's PvP School of Hard Knocks ™.

I've trademarked this post™, the handle Lamonster™, and the Figadapaura Fan Club™.

:p

realcZk

I had previously attempted to trademark The Hive Room (TM) to no avail before learning of the ™.
I've recently enjoyed farming the Gatekeeper Glimmer Farm™ and my son enjoyed Twilight Gap's PvP School of Hard Knocks ™.

I've trademarked this post™, the handle Lamonster™, and the Figadapaura Fan Club™.

the gloryhole grinders ™

LukeSmith

It's good fun, and reminds me of WoW's Thunderfury/Warglaives/Dragonwrath/etc and people questing to earn them.

I agree.

We need are more things like Thunderfury, Quel'sarar, Anathema and Lok'delar.

I remember rolling with Warriors from my guild through Dire Maul just spamming totems for them during the desperate grind for Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying.

Also: yes, I know about Black Hammer/Hive Disruptor. It's obviously something I'd like fixed. People are on holiday now, so I don't want to say anything about a timetable.

^ hahaha yes, the
g
olden days of WoW. good stuff man

I have Three™ Little™ Words™

Link to his replies?

For some reason a large part of GAF views OTs as the blind optimist community while the rest of the threads are the grievance dumps. I think that point could have been made in the first week or two of Destiny's launch when things like these were happening: saying people who don't have enough real life friends to play Destiny with have social issues, OT-centric people were antagonizing all other threads, saying there can't be any negative opinion because people haven't passed level 20 and that Destiny is a 10 year plan (with DLC and sequels changing everything apparently). But by week 3 that nonsense was more-or-less over with and now it's sort of the opposite except people are probably too afraid to drive by the OT in fear of a ban.

Sullichin

Well, it's at least better on Control than Clash. The map makes more sense. I think there's a lot of interesting mini-areas to fight in. The small area where zone C is has a lot of different elevations and corners for a small area. There's lots of strategic corners to drop trip mines, etc. It is the perfect map for Thorn. You don't need a sniper rifle with that.

I've only played it on Control today obviously but I also think it's more fair of a control map than some others. It doesn't suffer the Blind Watch Alpha spawn problem. From what I've played, it's fine to have A&B or C&B throughout the match, neither A or C seems to start at an obvious disadvantage.

It doesn't suffer the problem of emptiness nearly as much as Bastion or First Light IMO. I played 3 games in a row where we reached the score limit at least :p

I have yet to get a Dark Below ship

What are the best methods? ROC strikes?

I don't play PvP

They seem to drop with some regularity. I've gotten 2 from Crucible and one from ROC.

Can you quote it into this thread?

Sullichin

Ugh, Crucible is my favorite thing in this game and it's still such a slog to get marks.
I max out my marks every week eventually, but when I want to actually get something I feel like I need to marathon it and I wish I could just buy them :(

Top Bottom