• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Crota, I'm coming for your ass!

lolbrary.com_41967_1386353331.gif

tumblr_inline_mxkghn9OZe1qlqwj8.png

I wish I can upgrade my weapons and stuff and move weapons around via my App or bungie.net. never have to change chars and go to the tower twice just to transfer weapons and stuff. I want to organize all of my weapons and items between my characters and vault. Divide my synths and energy/shards around etc.

Vault being the only way to share gear and it being at the tower makes no sense to me at all. I should have one inventory shared between my characters. Most gear slots are 3x3 for 9 slots a piece. Give me a shared 5x5 grid per slot and I'll probably be happy for a while. Keep the vault though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I... think I agree with you.
I have an upgraded IB but no Horn, and I do believe the IB has a wider range of utility than Gjalla.
Still will be fucking delighted once I finally get my hands on it, though. :D

I use all the horn all the time. It's a deus ex machina for me. I even snipe with it. It saved me a bunch of times. Like when in hard VOG when I was defending the middle part by myself I was just jumping up in the air and sniping everything with it. It is the single reason I can solo a lot of missions.

Anyway we have a spot open for weekly heroic which is way harder than the nightfall. I'll run a NF afterwards just to help out Jdawg. It won't take too long with Truth, AE and PR.

Gordon

You know what would be sweet? A vendor who pops in to the tower every so often to let you reroll a legendary gun for higher attack and different perks. The whole deal with Xur being restricted to a subset of exotics and IB rerolling perks but not attack is driving me crazy. I have piles of sweet guns that just need a little buff to stay awesome. I don't really want to have to grind up a whole new set of gear just to stay relevant.

If they really wanted to blow us out of the water, they could let you pay some exorbitant amount of currency to only reroll specific perks. That would be pretty sweet. And given that exotics have foxed perks, I don't think it would be that gamebreaking, as long as the grind for custom hand-picked perk spreads is as bad or worse than trying to buy stuff from IB.
I'm so fucking broke..

GutZ31

I'm going to say this again Fatebringer is my new favorite weapon.
I only have one among my 3 characters, but I never leave the tower without it, else I get a panic attack.

It is basically the compact version of the ice breaker, with no ammo regen, and arc damage.

Used it in every raid so far, until atheon, as oracles can be a bitch.
VoC for oracles.

Went to solo the first Crota chest on my Titan and the initial fall actually killed me lol
Lol, you so silly.

R0ckman

Would like to join GAF for when Trails of Osiris hits, not wasting my time with randoms for that mode, not good for my blood pressure.

I only have one among my 3 characters, but I never leave the tower without it, else I get a panic attack.

It is basically the compact version of the ice breaker, with no ammo regen, and arc damage.

VoC for oracles.

YHEbiRz.gif

...I want it

zewone

I... think I agree with you.
I have an upgraded IB but no Horn, and I do believe the IB has a wider range of utility than Gjalla.
Still will be fucking delighted once I finally get my hands on it, though. :D

No one with a Horn would say that. Get 'em boys.

I actually don't even use my IB anymore.

I'd rather use a legendary sniper that puts out the same damage. I only use it for things like hard Oracle cheese.

SnakeEyes

Banned

VoC for oracles.

Lol, you so silly.
Yup, Bungie weren't kidding when they said your old weapons aren't instantly useless when The Dark Below DLC released - nothing comes close to replacing Fatebringer.

I still use it now for the CE raid.

Feorax

Out of curiosity, is anyone else still using the cheese spot for the Nexus NF/weekly final room?

I'm stunned Bungie have left it in for so long.

KeRaSh

No one with a Horn would say that. Get 'em boys.

I actually don't even use my IB anymore.

I'd rather use a legendary sniper that puts out the same damage. I only use it for things like hard Oracle cheese.

I dont have a Royalhorn but as a lowly Ice Breaker peasant I can't imagine the Gjallar having more allround utility. Yes it has unrivaled single target damage but I can solo practically any PvE content sans raids without having to switch weapons while using IB. Hell, even without solar burn it wreaks shit in Nightfalls. As jealous as I am, hands down I wouldn't trade my IB for a Godhorn if I had to pick.

I will buy 3 when Xur sells them on Friday! xD
I'd be cool with Dragon's Breath, too...

Out of curiosity, is anyone else still using the cheese spot for the Nexus NF/weekly final room?

I'm stunned Bungie have left it in for so long.

It's why they added juggler as a modifier. So you run out of ammo camping up top. Doubtful they will make the effort at this point and use strategies like that to mitigate it or at least make it more difficult.

The Cheesator is there too to try and force you down

SnakeEyes

Banned
So in my last 5 victories over Crota I received 0 new weapons. Is anyone else encountering the same problem?
I've run the CE raid to completion twice, and I've gotten the Song of Ir Yut (Heavy Machine Gun) as well as 3 sets of Warlock Gauntlets, one set of Warlock boots, one Warlock Chest, 2 Warlock Bonds, and many Shards/Energies.

Feorax

It's why they added juggler as a modifier. So you run out of ammo camping up top. Doubtful they will make the effort at this point and use strategies like that to mitigate it or at least make it more difficult.

The Cheesator is there too to try and force you down

The spot I'm thinking of is way away from the Minotaur spawn spot, down to the left.

A few ammo packs later and the boss room is pointless.

Jrmint

Anyone up for the weekly two times real quick?

PSN - Palom12

Feel free to join on me.

I already did the Nightfalls but would be willing to help if you need it.

So what exotic weapons are people still RNGing for?

I have 19/24

Missing (In order of most wanted to least)
1. Vex Mythoclast
2. Nechrochasm (Husk of the Pit drop and upgrades)
3. Universal Remote
4. 4th Horseman
5. Dragons Breath

33 Hard Atheon clears and no Vex still. Fuuuuuu!!! I hope after 3 Atheon kills this week I am not at 36 without :(

I have every Legendary Vault of Glass weapon and 4/5 of the Crotas End weapons, just missing Hunger of Crota

zewone

I dont have a Royalhorn but as a lowly Ice Breaker peasant I can't imagine the Gjallar having more allround utility. Yes it has unrivaled single target damage but I can solo practically any PvE content sans raids without having to switch weapons while using IB. Hell, even without solar burn it wreaks shit in Nightfalls. As jealous as I am, hands down I wouldn't trade my IB for a Godhorn if I had to pick.

I will buy 3 when Xur sells them on Friday! xD
I'd be cool with Dragon's Breath, too...

I have a legendary sniper that matches the damage for IB and Black Hammer outdamages it and has a great perk.

Regenerating ammo is the key part of the gun, but a lot of the time special ammo is pretty prevalent.

There is not a single gun that can substitute for Gjallarhorn. Nothing really comes close even.

Deku Tree

So in my last 5 victories over Crota I received 0 new weapons. Is anyone else encountering the same problem?

Crota drops don't keep track of your alts, only each characters drops. Bungie has said through game informer that there is a counter and a guaranteed fun drop ever certain number of drops. But it doesn't count your alts drops at all. The rest is RNG.

Top Bottom