• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

mhayze

VoG will definitely give you the most shards. You can also make sure to do public events. Completing each one has a chance of dropping ass mats and your one daily public event package can have ass mats too.

VoG good for shards, LFG.net is good, I always found decent people there. Ran it a bunch of times with people from there, only had one shitty group.

destinyLFG.net is awesome. I've found some really great groups there.

yes, run VoG for all your shard needs.

Good thing we can cheese that, too :p

Thanks for the tips all - got my first completion of VoG - I don't think I held the group back too much. I'm still a little confused about the last boss and the teleports to venus etc., and some of the paths are a little hard to remember. The only weapon I got was a previous legendary sniper drop that I already had:(

I did get some shards and energy, which was enough to let me upgrade to within a sliver of 31 - only need 3 more shards. Neither of my characters public events would give me a shard, and the weekly nightfall was no good either. Bungee really needs to adjust the RNG on the shards.

Anyways, this may be a dumb question, but if you keep doing vog on normal, do the drops / chests still spawn, or do you only get good stuff once a week?

Deku Tree

I know your joking, bungie just spindoctoring. Last week i got 3 raid fusion rifles. Got 3 legendary engrams... results were 3 Time on Target pulse rifles.

The loot system doesn't track the drops of your alts. I've been saying this over and over. Bungie not going to cater to the crazy crowd that runs more than one character...

Crota drops don't keep track of your alts, only each characters drops. Bungie has said through game informer that there is a counter and a guaranteed fun drop ever certain number of drops. But it doesn't count your alts drops at all. The rest is RNG.

All my characters got raid weapons the first times they beat Crota. I think this is universal. But now for two weeks in a row, I haven't got a single raid weapon drop, while the others in my raidparty keep getting raid weapons. I still have to test the luck of my 3rd character this week, so I have still some hope left.

Did Bungie specify the amount of RNG attempts, before a forced drop would occur?

In response to some others that replied to me, I have gotten enough other things thusfar, for example after tonight my Warlock has a complete raid set (not counting the helmet). I'm just talking about the loot you receive after beating Crota. I was under the assumption you would at least get something more than radiant materials every time, but it seems I was wrong about that. Being so used to the VoG by now and it's 4 loot drops, the 3 drops from CE just seem insubstantial especially when you can only get raid weapons from the final drop and it keeps failing you 5 times in a row.

zewone

Anyways, this may be a dumb question, but if you keep doing vog on normal, do the drops / chests still spawn, or do you only get good stuff once a week?

You can only get drops from Normal once a week, but you can also do Hard and get drops.

One of the chests you can do again in Hard (after the templar and this chest has a chance to drop exotic weapons).

Deku Tree

All my character got raid weapons the first times they beat Crota. I think this is universal. But now for two weeks in a row, I haven't got a single raid weapon drop, while the others in my raidparty keep getting raid weapons. I still have to test the luck of my 3rd character this week, so I have still some hope left.

Did Bungie specify the amount of RNG attempts, before a forced drop would occur?

In response to some others that replied to me, I have gotten enough other things thusfar, for example after tonight my Warlock has a complete raid set (not counting the helmet). I'm just talking about the loot you receive after beating Crota. I was under the assumption you would at least get something more than radiant materials every time, but it seems I was wrong about that. Being so used to the VoG by now and it's 4 loot drops, the 3 drops from CE just seem insubstantial especially when you can only get raid weapons from the final drop and it keeps failing you 5 times in a row.

No way.

What is noticeable is how after you get a specific/exotic/legendary drop you "seem" to get it again and again.

I have this with Raid gear. First two pieces I got were Gloves and Chest. First run today, Gloves and Chest. I'm keeping them though. One pair is all strength while the other is split intellect/discipline. I'll message with builds later.

So what exotic weapons are people still RNGing for?

I have 19/24

Missing (In order of most wanted to least)
1. Vex Mythoclast
2. Nechrochasm (Husk of the Pit drop and upgrades)
3. Universal Remote
4. 4th Horseman
5. Dragons Breath

33 Hard Atheon clears and no Vex still. Fuuuuuu!!! I hope after 3 Atheon kills this week I am not at 36 without :(

I have every Legendary Vault of Glass weapon and 4/5 of the Crotas End weapons, just missing Hunger of Crota

1. Ballerhorn
2. Icebreaker
3. Mythoclast

The only ones that matter. No other exotic would be an upgrade over what I already got.

Thanks for the pro fast raid Noomi, Zholtan and others :)

Still missing the crota-helmet. And a shitload of Radiant Shards.

Dont really need anything from VoG except Ascendant Energies.

Exotic wanted list is short:
Ballerhorn
4th Horseman
Husk of the Pit

Agent

Got the gauntlets on my Warlock...so just need boots to get to 32.

Looking to run the raid again on my Hunter, level 31. Any groups open?

PSN: phantom8324

I have all armour to get to 32 now, just need shards. -_-

you beat us to 30 and you beat everyone to guardian lord, but i will have my shards before you this time!

tumblr_mapms62yDe1rut3y7o1_400.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I got like only shards, shards and shards from 3x CE :lol And titan boots which I leveled up asap using bounties and pvp and got to 32. Overall very poor week for me, Crota gave me nothing ;_;

Top Bottom