• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Software or Hardware Issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTJBEiaxaU

So I decided to make a short video showing the issues I'm having in game with the ambient occlusion and how it relates to the terrain geometry. A few have commented on my first post of screenshots, but I would love to hear from anyone else who may have an idea if this could possibly be hardware related. I do agree that it seems like a software issue at first glance, but after a reinstall of the game and it still doing this I'm just looking for additional input.

Also, my PS4 is less than a month old so the window of return/replace is still open which is another reason I'd like to get an idea of what I'm dealing with here.

Go to the 1:40ish mark for a pretty strong example.

Dude you are overthinking this lol. Game is a cross-gen game, I get this too as I'm sure everyone else does as well, and that is why no one is answering. It's fine, it's just the game's graphics, no issues anywhere else.

Frenden

Banned
10 energy and a legendary hand cannon from two nightfalls. Boo.

The hand cannon is a Dead Orbit variant. Stats akin, or better, than Devil You Know except for the clip size--8. Ugh. But it's the best post-DLC attack level hc I have, so I was glad to get it.

No exotics, and mostly coins, for my last eight nightfalls.

RNG!!!!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
10 energy and a legendary hand cannon from two nightfalls. Boo.

The hand cannon is a Dead Orbit variant. Stats akin, or better, than Devil You Know except for the clip size--8. Ugh. But it's the best post-DLC attack level hc I have, so I was glad to get it.

No exotics, and mostly coins, for my last eight nightfalls.

RNG!!!!!!
Venation III, one of my favorites pre-patch. What mods/perks?

EL CUCO

Lol, the other two people drop every single time Omnigul strike comes up on Roc, and then I leave too.

Lol I'm starting to like that strike. I usually have to start it solo and towards the end they pair me up with a couple other poor souls that are running it.

Need two more for Vault of Glass normal. At the Templar boss, PSN KeanBurke. Already have two level 31s and a level thirty. just trying to help a friend level up. He's a level 26

Frenden

Banned
Venation III, one of my favorites pre-patch. What mods/perks?

Pretty good. Not as good as my pre-DLC FWC and New Monarchy hand cannon drops, but it's got:

Rangefinder
Perfect Balance or Send It
Grenadier

I wish it had Steadyhand sights and Field Scout. Eight rounds barely cuts muster.

Lol, the other two people drop every single time Omnigul strike comes up on Roc, and then I leave too.

I would be fascinated to see Bungie's analytics on strikes. This would seem to similarly fall under the "leaver" problem Iron Banner had that effected player enjoyment so they made a fix. They had better do something for the ROC playlist because AFKers and leavers make the experience very unpleasant. PvE seems to have such a low priority to fix issues compared to PvP.

Varvor

NF1: The Culling - Meh
NF2: The Calling - Looks like it's gonna be "The C_lling" week.
NF3: No Land Beyond - Keeping it for the collection.

479.jpg

But seriously...why is this weapon an exotic?

Got two of thouse from a raid today (chest and Crota himself) on top of the third one i found two weeks ago in pvp.

Its a novelty gun, and absolutly useless in pvp on competative level.

But my group was shitting a brick as i got two in just under 10 minutes.

gdt

I'm still stoked about my brand new Ice Breaker from the Nightfall. Thank you RNGesus, it is a Christmas miracle. Xur just hook me up with a horn upgrade brah.

Shito

Congrats. I would gladly trade my new Horn for it.
I... think I agree with you.
I have an upgraded IB but no Horn, and I do believe the IB has a wider range of utility than Gjalla.
Still will be fucking delighted once I finally get my hands on it, though. :D

I wish I can upgrade my weapons and stuff and move weapons around via my App or bungie.net. never have to change chars and go to the tower twice just to transfer weapons and stuff. I want to organize all of my weapons and items between my characters and vault. Divide my synths and energy/shards around etc. Mainly since I'm at work and I want to prepare for when I have time to play this week finally I don't have to mess around.

Plus it would just be fantastic while I'm playing!

Software or Hardware Issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTJBEiaxaU

So I decided to make a short video showing the issues I'm having in game with the ambient occlusion and how it relates to the terrain geometry. A few have commented on my first post of screenshots, but I would love to hear from anyone else who may have an idea if this could possibly be hardware related. I do agree that it seems like a software issue at first glance, but after a reinstall of the game and it still doing this I'm just looking for additional input.

Also, my PS4 is less than a month old so the window of return/replace is still open which is another reason I'd like to get an idea of what I'm dealing with here.

Go to the 1:40ish mark for a pretty strong example.

If it's less than a month old then save yourself lots of headache and exchange it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pretty good. Not as good as my pre-DLC FWC and New Monarchy hand cannon drops, but it's got:

Rangefinder
Perfect Balance or Send It
Grenadier

I wish it had Steadyhand sights and Field Scout. Eight rounds barely cuts muster.
Its reload is nice and speedy, and with Send It you can make sure every one of the 8 goes where you want it. it's less limiting than you might think, not that field scout isn't always nice.

Frenden

Banned
Its reload is nice and speedy, and with Send It you can make sure every one of the 8 goes where you want it. it's less limiting than you might think, not that field scout isn't always nice.

That's my hope. Rangefinder+Send It should help offset the clip size!

Top Bottom