• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

NastyBook

Got Hunger of Crota! :)
I need to start leveling mine up. I'm so stupid, though, because I've been struggling on The Siege of the Warmind, even though I have Gjallarhorn. Just breezed through it with my Hunter. Gonna throw on the Armamentarium and breeze through it again with my Titan.

I need to start leveling mine up. I'm so stupid, though, because I've been struggling on The Siege of the Warmind, even though I have Gjallarhorn. Just breezed through it with my Hunter. Gonna throw on the Armamentarium and breeze through it again with my Titan.

Yea, i haven't tried Siege alone. But now i can definitely do it.

Righty10

Need one more and then we need a good Swordbearer.

----------------
I just need Crota as well. Looking for a solid team to do Crota.
Need a good Swordbearer as well.

1. Sentient
2. gdt
3. MiniMe637
4. Mindlog
31 Hunter down for Crota. PSN Doubleb22

gdt

Need one more and then we need a good Swordbearer.

----------------
I just need Crota as well. Looking for a solid team to do Crota.
Need a good Swordbearer as well.

1. Sentient
2. gdt
3. MiniMe637
4. Mindlog

I can go sword, done it a couple times. Ghorn/IB as well.

1. Sentient
2. gdt
3. MiniMe637
4. Mindlog
5. Kor of Memory
6. Doubleb22

Really smooth run guys.

Done for the week. Last Crota run scored me Blackhammer and enough shards to hit 32.

Well after a dozen or so games on the new maps in control, here's what I think:

Cauldron is still a really solid map and the deceptively close positioning of the control points make it just as hectic as ever. the only catch is that if you aren't feeding each other supers, you're going to get spawn killed by the other team's supers. it's also really easy to be spawned on if you aren't defending one side of the map.

I've found C is easier to defend while holding B since A is largely flat and exposed. If you have a long ranged focus though, A works just fine. I prefer this map in Clash as I think it flows better, whereas Control takes away the emphasis from the sides of the map.

Pantheon is symmetric, so A and C are the same. B is in the middle and it's difficult to approach considering the long sightlines that can watch over it. A team with good snipers and marksmen owns this map (i'm more mid range so I didn't find much success), but it really comes down to how well you can turtle around B.

Compared to Clash and Skirmish, it flowed much better, but I still wasn't a fan of how narrow it was. My options to the middle felt very limited and forced me into those long sniper lanes.

Skyshock shockingly plays better in Control, but that isn't really saying much. There's more direction in player movement as everyone is funneled towards B, but it doesn't do enough to offset the obvious problems. Vehicles are still largely useless and snipers are still popping out of every nook and cranny. They just have less reason to crouching tiger hidden dragon by the planes because they also have to worry about the control points.

Anyway, the best way to play these maps to wait when somebody says they're coming for heavy ammo

heheheheh

LiK

Cauldron is still a really solid map and the deceptively close positioning of the control points make it just as hectic as ever. the only catch is that if you aren't feeding each other supers, you're going to get spawn killed by the other team's supers. it's also really easy to be spawned on if you aren't defending one side of the map.

I've found C is easier to defend while holding B since A is largely flat and exposed. If you have a long ranged focus, A works just fine.

Pantheon is symmetric, so A and C are the same. B is in the middle and it's difficult to approach considering the long sightlines that can watch over it. A team with good snipers and marksmen owns this map (i'm more mid range so I didn't find much success), but it really comes down to how well you can turtle around B.

Compared to Clash and Skirmish, it flowed much better, but I still wasn't a fan of how narrow it was. My options to the middle felt very limited and forced me into those long sniper lanes.

Skyshock shockingly plays better in Control, but that isn't really saying much. There's more direction in player movement as everyone is funneled towards B, but it doesn't do enough to offset the obvious problems. Vehicles are still largely useless and snipers are still popping out of every nook and cranny. They just have less reason to crouching tiger hidden dragon by the planes because they also have to worry about the control points.

Anyway, the best way to play these maps to wait when somebody says they're coming for heavy ammo

heheheheh

You still playing? I need to learn the Maps some more. Havent played them enough.

I've found C is easier to defend while holding B since A is largely flat and exposed. If you have a long ranged focus though, A works just fine.

heheheheh
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ IM COMING! ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Mindlog

Wow that was fast.
Thanks to everyone that joined. Got the Machine Gun and Ship for the first time.
1. Sentient
2. gdt
3. MiniMe637
4. Mindlog
5. Kor of Memory
6. Doubleb22

Really smooth run guys.

Done for the week. Last Crota run scored me Blackhammer and enough shards to hit 32.
If anyone wants to repeat it next week I'm in.

neoism

Visual summary of Destiny's end game:

XY9MXsP.gif

http://www.cracked.com/video_19204_6-ways-gamers-have-taken-fun-out-gaming.html

Top Bottom