• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Completed CE and got nothing but Rad energy, Black Hammer (which I already had), and Leg armor (just need chest armor). And I'm nowhere close to reaching Rank 4 with Eris

Eat my ass RNGesus

Tried a new strategy [for me] in CE today from a raidmates recommendation. Pretty much be on top of the left staircase, left rock, Hunter smash, rinse and repeat with the center room for Ogre hour.

A little more difficult to get the timing right in jumping up as Crota can be at the opposite end of the center platform or in perfect position to just immediately jump up and throw down, but it's a solid one. Did have a brief scare when Crota rose quickly and immediately sliced me, but overall I'm more confident in my role when sword bearer.

Raid spoils weren't anything to write home about. Earlier I received Shards and No Land Beyond from Chest 1. Picked up shards and arm piece (already own) rewards 1. Shards at chest 2. Song of Ir Yut (already own) and shards as final rewards. Once the other 3 armor pieces drop I should have a good start. Someone received hyperhorn.

I'll post the vid when it's up.

DJ_Lushious, Lazykarl24, arekussu77, Wrath_and_Fury, and SharkJAW: good game since I left the Raid before saying so due to the video edit.
I can't imagine not having you as our SwordBearer, you've got it down to a science! That Crota kill felt so good! Everyone was running a perfect game. Knights in the tower were nothing, if a Knight jumped down we quickly dispatched him, and we were all very communicative and rolled as one. That was my best Crota's End run yet, easily.

I'd love the see the video from your perspective.

SharkJAW's strategy was so much better than jumping from the center. Mad props to him for that.

Our run time was about 90 minutes. That was Wrath's first run and then SharkJAW's stray took a couple runs. I'd say we could easily do it in a hour or less next time. That's what I like about running with the same group every week, as we improve as we start to gel.

Again, kudos to everyone in our group tonight. I had a lot of fun and the run was painless. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Completed CE and got nothing but Rad energy, Black Hammer (which I already had), and Leg armor (just need chest armor). And I'm nowhere close to reaching Rank 4 with Eris

Eat my ass RNGesus
Does dismantling the raid gear at least give you raid shards?

And I've been meaning to ask you. What is your avatar from?

Dave_6

My pickups from two Nightfalls:

15470554224_cd351ddaa3_o.jpg

I am pleased.

Cruxist

Man, the progress my group has made on tackling Crota is ridiculous.

We can pretty much clear the raid in a solid 30 minutes now. We did 2 back to back today in barely any time at all. Nobody ever dies during the final fight anymore, most of the deaths come from either holes at the start or a random explodey thrall that we just miss.

I love that I can clear it so fast now. Still kinda sad that Hunger of Crota has dropped twice, but I'm still feeling good about hitting 32.

realcZk

I swear FWC weapons must have the highest drop rate out of anything for Nightfall. It seems like either me or somebody else in my fireteam gets one every week haha.
It's not the first time I've gotten a few and I've seen others get them all the time. Too bad they aren't worth a damn

LiK

the sun shall rise again, guardian

i'm spent on pvp for the night.all that heavy ammo was too much

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

True, I was getting mad tired near the end. I only stayed on to chat with you guys. YA HEAR ME. MATH?

Top Bottom