• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Currently sitting on 72 Vanguard Marks, can't decide between getting boots at 75 marks which should push me into level 28 or staying 27 for another 3-4 days and waiting until I get 120 marks for the Helm. Already have a commendation for it.

Mindlog

Why are so many people using explosive rounds on Fatebringer now? Have they changed the way they work so it doesn't do lower overall DPS anymore?
As far as I can tell this is the definitive DPS resource.
In short: Explosive rounds are pretty good now. They're outstanding when matched with an appropriate burn.
The only time you can lose out with explosive rounds is with the Firefly. If your precision shot does not do enough damage to kill your target, but the explosion does then Firefly will not proc. However, since you are using explosive rounds in the first place this shouldn't be a big issue.

Deku Tree

Made it flawless to the Templar.. Took down shield. Health bars went down to zero in three seconds then climbed back up to full, then enemies stopped moving or taking damage then we exploded spontaneously then wipe. Ugh.

Made it flawless to the Templar.. Took down shield. Health bars went down to zero in three seconds then climbed back up to full, then enemies stopped moving or taking damage then we exploded spontaneously then wipe. Ugh.

Bugs are the biggest hurdle to flawless runs I imagine. I don't have the patience for it.

exYle

Crota checkpoint, PS4

1) Buttchin-n-Bones, Titan 31
2) Darker_Demon_13 Titan 31
3) Mayle Hunter 31
4) TB_Jeremy89 Warlock 30
5)
6)

Finally figured it out.

Not A Fallen Hood
iitdlvP.jpg

Pleiades Hood
osFEvzK.jpg

Night Rain Cloak
BFHPCo9.jpg

Dynamo Cloak
16B2N4F.jpg

Frumious Cloak
6Sz2U5p.jpg

Cloak of Perception
7x5vhDb.jpg

Cryptarch sells 3 class items depending on your level. Once you hit the next level of items, the set of 3 appears to be changed. AFAIK, you cannot obtain items below your current level from him anymore, which is why level 20 players are unable to find these cloaks.

If you want a lower level class item, you have to make a new character and level it up until you're the level of the item you want. Or you can transfer engrams you earn on your higher levels to the vault and decrypt them on your lower level.

(shader is cryptographic in the first 5 pics and revenant in the last)

Man, everybody abandons me when the will of Crota strike comes up in the playlist. :(

I keep seeing people making disparaging remarks about that strike. I actually like it a lot. The end could be shorter and less bullet spongy, sure...but overall I really like the onslaught and waves of enemies, the sniping in the second part with some well placed enemies, etc.

Guess I am the only one, but I like when it comes up.

Korosenai

Anyone on here want to do Gatekeepers on Hard Mode? I can solo the left portal, just need someone who can solo the right. I'm on xbox one.

exYle

Crota checkpoint, PS4

1) Buttchin-n-Bones, Titan 31
2) Darker_Demon_13 Titan 31
3) Mayle Hunter 31
4) TB_Jeremy89 Warlock 30
5) miamijaaz Warlock 31
6)

EDIT: Full!

I keep seeing people making disparaging remarks about that strike. I actually like it a lot. The end could be shorter and less bullet spongy, sure...but overall I really like the onslaught and waves of enemies, the sniping in the second part with some well placed enemies, etc.

you're a sadist

rNilla

Me too. At least, I'm not sick of it quite yet. The end can be annoying just because it takes awhile but the rest is fine. Much easier as a Strike than a Nightfall. :)

Jaeyden

It's a decent glimmer farm too. Pop some idols and ether seeds and you can bank a few thousand glimmer every time. Unlike the bullshit of undying mind which doesn't give you glimmer for the hordes of yelow bar enemies and it doesn't give you glimmer even if you eat the blue polyphage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i like it too, but I don't like the entrance room turtle strategy for the boss at all. totally unsatisfying, though for arc burn you have almost no choice. would be a fun strike with any other burn.

Man, everybody abandons me when the will of Crota strike comes up in the playlist. :(

Too many parts you need stop at to fight waves of enemies. The other new strike not much better, don't even get glimmer on the part with all the armoured enemies.

Look at Nexus, stop right near the start for the 3 floating ball things and can run to boss from then onwards. Same for the moon, do the 3 locks on the door and run to boss.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
On a RL, is it better to spec it for more Velocity or Blast Radius?

Velocity = Rocket Speed, faster it chases to where you pointed or lock-on target

Blast Radius = Bid Bada Boom, how far the damage penetrates around the burst of said rocket

If very low on Velocity, take that, Blast Radius only if it's a significant jump, I'm taking |______| much worth of bar (say at least 7-10 points)

I try to keep stability > velocity > blast radius > reload

It's a decent glimmer farm too. Pop some idols and ether seeds and you can bank a few thousand glimmer every time. Unlike the bullshit of undying mind which doesn't give you glimmer for the hordes of yelow bar enemies and it doesn't give you glimmer even if you eat the blue polyphage.

Fuck the undying mind. Ridiculous numbers of yellow enemies and they don't even give you glimmer. Fuck that shit. Straight to orbit each time. The three shields at the end are annoying as fuck as well

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Finally figured it out.

Not A Fallen Hood
iitdlvP.jpg

Pleiades Hood
osFEvzK.jpg

Night Rain Cloak
BFHPCo9.jpg

Dynamo Cloak
16B2N4F.jpg

Frumious Cloak
6Sz2U5p.jpg

Cloak of Perception
7x5vhDb.jpg

Cryptarch sells 3 class items depending on your level. Once you hit the next level of items, the set of 3 appears to be changed. AFAIK, you cannot obtain items below your current level from him anymore, which is why level 20 players are unable to find these cloaks.

If you want a lower level class item, you have to make a new character and level it up until you're the level of the item you want. Or you can transfer engrams you earn on your higher levels to the vault and decrypt them on your lower level.

(shader is cryptographic in the first 5 pics and revenant in the last)

But what level did you decrypt at to get those?

the first 2 hoods were at level 2 and now that i'm level 7 i can't get them from cryptarch anymore. frumious and cloak of perception were blue class items transferred from my main and decrypted at level 2 as well. the night rain and dynamo cloak were decrypted from rahool at level 7.

EL CUCO

Velocity = Rocket Speed, faster it chases to where you pointed or lock-on target

Blast Radius = Bid Bada Boom, how far the damage penetrates around the burst of said rocket

If very low on Velocity, take that, Blast Radius only if it's a significant jump, I'm taking |______| much worth of bar (say at least 7-10 points)

I try to keep stability > velocity > blast radius > reload

Gotcha. Thanks!

Future

Bungie gives no incentive to endure it. If you are doing it for marks or random drops, might as well skip and do an easier and faster one

I actually like it too. But bungie should give additional and different rewards per strike cuz they aren't created equal

Karl2177

Was there ever an explanation of the deal with the raid supposedly going to be level 28 normal, level 30 hard? Was that fan speculation? If not, why did it get altered? Kind if curious.

All fan speculation. Hard mode will be 33 sometime in January.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pzml3/the_crota_bossfight_doesnt_make_sense/

"From his perspective, he just stands there, mostly out of his attacking range, and watches as 6 dopey guardians kill his minions to collect heavy ammo and eventually the sword bearer. He quite literally lets the only weapon that can hurt him be brought out of his range of fire so the guardians can take it and smack him with it.

Does anyone else feel like he should probably just tell the sword bearer to watch some Netflix and just hang out behind that door we can't open until he can rage and call some Ogres to finish the job?

My Final Bossfight: Crota's shield is an ever changing element. Once that specific element takes it down, only Super abilities can harm him. His main attack is that of the knight you fight at the end of Fist of Crota. No adds. No bullshit. Just a 7 man Super Fest. When he gets down to a sliver of health, he enrages and tries to assholes and elbows out of there, at which time his shield won't recharge and you chase him on speeders, landing tricks to do taunt damage him until he's dead."

I remember reading a rumor that sparrows would be used in this raid. It's obviously a silly idea, but it's one of many others that sound like Bungie could have made the fight more interesting and challenging. Atheon at least sends us through time and has oracles try to wipe us out of existence. Crota just waits to get beaten with a stick.

Top Bottom