• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

rNilla

Sparrows are incredibly fragile and one rogue pebble can send them wildly off course so I'm not sure I'd want a raid section based around them but of course we wouldn't know until they try it.

So uh just wondering for anyone who did the Templar fight, did the adds stop moving then he just spontaneous and volatile combusted?
edit: right after we took his shields down.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Get Legendary Chest Engram as a Strike reward
"Oh nice, that's going to be a Starfire Protocol"

piGthfw.jpg

And it was!

rNilla

So uh just wondering for anyone who did the Templar fight, did the adds stop moving then he just spontaneous and volatile combusted?

No but during one of the legions phases today all of our weapons disappeared--as in the actual model of your hand and weapon. No one on the team could see anything but the crosshair for a minute or so. That's a new one to me.

Deku Tree

Don't question it.

It was the will of RNGesus.

But we need to figure this thing out properly, because it happened twice

Yeah that was crazy. The first time it happened our whole team blew up. The next time it happened the templar just blew up.

Templars shield goes down and the Adds stop moving and then someone blows up either guardians or the Templar...

We were Flawless on every part but the jumping.

Yeah that was crazy. The first time it happened our whole team blew up. The next time it happened the templar just blew up.

Templars shield goes down and the Adds stop moving and then someone blows up either guardians or the Templar...

We were Flawless on every part but the jumping.
Don't question it.

It was the will of RNGesus.

But we need to figure this thing out properly, because it happened twice

RNGesus deciding who's life to take haha. Yeah the jumping section is the "hardest" due to the pressure. But I think in hawkian's first post, there's a outdated guided for flawless. Watch the YouTube video since it shows how to perform the jumping section by following the platforms. It's a lot safer unless you're #huntermasterrace

R0ckman

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pzml3/the_crota_bossfight_doesnt_make_sense/

"From his perspective, he just stands there, mostly out of his attacking range, and watches as 6 dopey guardians kill his minions to collect heavy ammo and eventually the sword bearer. He quite literally lets the only weapon that can hurt him be brought out of his range of fire so the guardians can take it and smack him with it.

Does anyone else feel like he should probably just tell the sword bearer to watch some Netflix and just hang out behind that door we can't open until he can rage and call some Ogres to finish the job?

My Final Bossfight: Crota's shield is an ever changing element. Once that specific element takes it down, only Super abilities can harm him. His main attack is that of the knight you fight at the end of Fist of Crota. No adds. No bullshit. Just a 7 man Super Fest. When he gets down to a sliver of health, he enrages and tries to assholes and elbows out of there, at which time his shield won't recharge and you chase him on speeders, landing tricks to do taunt damage him until he's dead."

I remember reading a rumor that sparrows would be used in this raid. It's obviously a silly idea, but it's one of many others that sound like Bungie could have made the fight more interesting and challenging. Atheon at least sends us through time and has oracles try to wipe us out of existence. Crota just waits to get beaten with a stick.

The problem with making these a "frustration" challenge is that these raids are elements for a weekly grind. Its just not going to happen in any raid in destinh. People will find the most effective strategies and use it over and over. To most people the point of the raids is to grind them for loot, not have a continous challenge. Any complicated convoluted rules to add a challenge typically end up with glitches.

People could come up with their own challenges, go in witj underlevel weapons, only use primaries etc. but having a maintained difficulty established through development just isn't going to happen.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So it took me till fucking Sunday to catch up on the 3 day break I took, Friday-Sunday was pure Destiny Grind

Gotta hit Rank 5 IB somehow on Warlock for it's class item and net myself those 2 weapons
Also hoping to to grab 2 extra snipers and rolling them to Solar + Void 331 Legendary Sniper Rifles

R0ckman

Will the inferno pvp mode disable sprinting as well? Getting a bit tired of players sprinting out of their deaths. Thank god I have thorn.

gdt

After checking Destiny status I see I still have 1 weekly left to do :/. I really need to go Xmas shopping before work tomorrow....

RNGesus deciding who's life to take haha. Yeah the jumping section is the "hardest" due to the pressure. But I think in hawkian's first post, there's a outdated guided for flawless. Watch the YouTube video since it shows how to perform the jumping section by following the platforms. It's a lot safer unless you're #huntermasterrace

/brofist

ggs, flawless attempt group

Hope I can make it tomorrow for our next attempt.

rNilla

Congrats! For the kill 3 sword bounty, I just rerun Fist of Crota mission until I kill him. Everytime the bounty is complete I get excited but it's just the bounty. Then I saw this at the postmaster:

KKYFrzq273O4f5GmsrgaA-EwddLH-TsnmKmTXwekpD-nwAldBT4lG818gzRgq_xU66B1eJMBGNc=w2560-h2560

Yeah! I gave up and just do Fist of Crota to run bounties. I was working on some now and Husk of the Pit appeared!

CornDogg

Finally got Crota down. Got to play with the sword too, which was cool. Got some radiant mats,the Light in the Abyss ship, Cryptographic shaded, the emblem, and the Song of Ir Yut heavy machine gun.

Thanks for the run, guys!

Templar fight is so broken it's insane. We were fighting him and he was randomly teleporting and detaining and we didn't even take his shield down lol

Just got Hunger of Crota. I know it isn't the best but will it out class Hezen Vengeance? Got chattershitbrown shader too.

I wanted a radiant shard so bad, would have gotten me to level 31 with raid boots. Got energy instead, gonna have to wait a few more days. This is killing me. I could use Ass shards on vendor boots for 31 now, but that would just be a waste. Stupid RNG.

joecanada

Hey thorn users, what perks do you generally use, range or stability? I do like range for PvE because it appears you get crits from longer range but for pvp maybe stability?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
HOLY FUCK!, RNG is on my side during PTE's

Just did 6 in a row, 6 Ascendant Energies, I just did like half of VoG loot drops lol

forrest

formerly nacire
Will a couple people join my clan? I'm tired of being in GAF Trophies Achieve and I've had a request to Afrodeeziak to join the RaidGAF clan since Nov. I just need like two people to get it to show in game. Thanks in advance!

PSN Clan: iIi Wolf Pack iIi

LiK

you know, it seems after update, you get a quick flash of LAST GUARDIAN STANDING whenever you get too far away from your Fireteam or teammates. Doesn't matter the mode. It flashes that. Kinda ruins the presentation. Never happened before the Expansion hit.

Wait - is it important? I saw it in my inventory, a white crappy item, and salvaged it...

I'm going to regret having done that, aren't I...

lawl, go read up on it and cry

Wait - is it important? I saw it in my inventory, a white crappy item, and salvaged it...

I'm going to regret having done that, aren't I...
Yeah. You can upgrade it to an legendary weapon by buying something hive orb upgrade from Eris. Then HM crota drops another part that allows you to upgrade it to an exotic auto rifle.
Templar fight is so broken it's insane. We were fighting him and he was randomly teleporting and detaining and we didn't even take his shield down lol
did it occur when no one dies?

So my group had been going for flawless raider all weekend long, but can't priceed due to a nasty glitch at the Templar. No matter what we do, one or multiple people get detained with no visible bubble, and are effectively dead. Even if the template dies before the detain kills us, it never goes away.

Anyone run into this? I've found less than a dozen different threads in the general net, so I'm not sure how common it is. Seems most people got flawless before they patched the Templar, so they likely never encountered it.

So my group had been going for flawless raider all weekend long, but can't priceed due to a nasty glitch at the Templar. No matter what we do, one or multiple people get detained with no visible bubble, and are effectively dead. Even if the template dies before the detain kills us, it never goes away.

Anyone run into this? I've found less than a dozen different threads in the general net, so I'm not sure how common it is. Seems most people got flawless before they patched the Templar, so they likely never encountered it.
Lol read above :p

Top Bottom