• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Neoweee

I'm looking for some advice on what to focus on for now.

I leveled a Warlock, but I quickly got two random Legendaries in the Crucible, both for Hunters. So, I leveled a Hunter, currently sitting at level 24.

I have two 27-light Legendaries that I am leveling. I need Ascendent Shards. What is the best way to get them?

I have a 15 Light Chest. I need a Helm with Light still. Best way to get one quickly? Just hope for a random drop? What amount of Light can I expect to find on a Blue at Level 24.

My plan right now is level my stuff, get a Helm, then get a Crucible Chest. That will put me in distance to do Vault, right? What level and Damage on my gun should I hope for to do a PUG successfully (via destingylfg). If I'm doing both Strikes and Crucibles, should I be leveling a faction instead?

Thanks for the help.

realcZk

So I wonder if Bungie's new Loot distribution system for the Raid works.

Like, does it only scan your current inventory? Does it scan your vault? Does it scan your other characters?

Or does it not scan anything and just keep track of everything it's given to you?

I'm asking because I got my Titan Gloves from the Lanturn completion last week, and now I've got the Titan Gloves again from the Lanturn completion this week.

Basically, I hope it was okay to dismantle the second pair.

id wager that it keeps track of drop history (per character) and uses that to manipulate the loot table probabilities for what pieces should drop next. to me at least, that would make the most logical sense from a programming standpoint, rather than having to scan equipped/vaulted gear. I got warlock boots again (and was wearing warlock boots), so it's not unusual.

Hoodbury

So hit 20 last night and equipped the Level 20 gear you get fro The Dark Below expansion. Went up to Light Level 22. Ok, now I can finally start looking for higher levels of gear. First course of action?

"Game changes once you hit 20". What you do now is work on getting Marks to buy gear from vendors. Can do Crucible if you like the PvP, or Vanguard if you like running strikes. Or pick one of the factions if you like doing both.

While working on getting Marks you'll get a thing here or there as well. Either an engram to turn in, or level up a faction and get something from the post master, or a random reward from a strike or crucible match.

Do bounties as well.

Most important do what you find fun and the gear and weapons will come to you.

Deku Tree

I hope so man! I still have 2 more abyss runs on my Warlocks, so hopefully I can get gloves there this week. I don't think I can handle another VoG situation of waiting 3 months for Boots to drop.

If you hit 32, you're giving Crota a whack with the Machete lol

For sure. I still need to take down Crota 2x on my soon to be 32 Warlocks.

Please excuse the ignorance, but RoC? Crota? The dlc strikes?

If you go to the Strike Playlist, there are separate playlists based on level. The highest level is called ROC and I want to say it's set to level 26 though it might have been 28. Crota's End is the new Raid with Crota being the final boss of it and DLC strikes are self explanatory ;P

As for CE loot tables, I agree that it's not doing a good job at determining what you already have as I've received multiple gloves with my Warlock but that might have to do with how limited the tables are for the first two phases, particularly the first where gloves seem to come from. Crota himself has a much larger table as he should. From my understanding you get gloves from the first phase, chest and boots from the second, and helmet from Crota with Raid weapons only coming from Crota. Anyone experience otherwise that they don't think was a flukey glitch (a person already posted they got gloves from Crota the first week).

I leveled a Warlock, but I quickly got two random Legendaries in the Crucible, both for Hunters. So, I leveled a Hunter, currently sitting at level 24.

I have two 27-light Legendaries that I am leveling. I need Ascendent Shards. What is the best way to get them?

I have a 15 Light Chest. I need a Helm with Light still. Best way to get one quickly? Just hope for a random drop? What amount of Light can I expect to find on a Blue at Level 24.

My plan right now is level my stuff, get a Helm, then get a Crucible Chest. That will put me in distance to do Vault, right? What level and Damage on my gun should I hope for to do a PUG successfully (via destingylfg). If I'm doing both Strikes and Crucibles, should I be leveling a faction instead?

Thanks for the help.

27 is the lowest you'll want to be really, but 26 is fine if you have a good team.

Namikaze1

Huh, the second Raid chestpiece I got has Intellect while the one I maxed does not. Fuck, this means I need to grind for Radiant Shards for it.....
The second one I got had intellect and strength 56/53 respectively. My current one has Discipline +143. I'm sticking with the latter.

Bogeypop

If you can get a group going I'll join. Won't stop until I get Fatebringer.

Is it FINALLY VoG Hard time? Been asking every few hours since the reset, and it didn't seem anyone was interested.
8cFZgpG.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nightfall anyone?

PSN is Langoit.

I can help you out. Kadey1up. NF is quick and easy compared to the weekly heroic. The Truth hurts. Pun intended.

Just for kicks I want to see how much damage a 32 with a maxed out Super Horn would do to Atheon with Time's Vengeance.

lunlunqq

Thanks for the help.

I'd say you want to be lvl 27 to do a VoG run comfortably. Do strikes and turn in the blue engrams are the most reliable way to get blue gears with lights. You also want to get marks to eventually but legendary gears to put yourself at lvl 28+. If you do both strikes and crucible, a faction is probably a better choice to level up. But remember they only accept crucible marks.

gdt

Thanks guys for the awesome run. Super smooth. 2nd day in a row Crota dropped and exotic! I'm having awesome luc-

It was Universal Remote.

-_-

hydruxo

Thanks for the help.

Honestly, I'd say get some Vanguard or Crucible marks & commendations then spend them on 33-light gear and just dismantle the 27-light gear. The 27 light stuff will be a waste of Ascendent Shards considering it's already outdated as of right now and you'll get to a higher level with the 33 light gear.

Neoweee

Also, what stat is preferred for Strike/Raid Hunters?

Honestly, I'd say get some Vanguard or Crucible marks & commendations then spend them on 33-light gear and just dismantle the 27-light gear. The 27 light stuff will be a waste of Ascendent Shards and you'll get to a higher level with the 33 light gear.

Thanks. I'll burn through the basic parts to get them up to 22 Light, but will refrain on using any Ascendants.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Our latest Crota was met with some odd stuff.

1. Ogre came first round. We were just about to get ready to kill the swordbearer.
2. Crota has invisible super long reach. From my point of view from the back he had like half screen sword swipe range.
3. Crota would not stay put at all, it was like he was on speed. Kept running around without stopping.

Other than that I thought that was the cleanest team I've been with in terms everything up to Crota. We did everything perfectly.

So I need 6 more shards and two gear for my Titan or one for my Hunter to get to 32. :)

Thanks. I'll burn through the basic parts to get them up to 22 Light, but will refrain on using any Ascendants.

If you melee a lot you need Strength

If you use grenades a lot you need Discipline

If you use supers a lot you need Intellect

Hunter is the one class I haven't played but I do notice they use their super pretty often whether it be Golden Gun or Blade Dancer so I'd say make sure Intellect is on there. Golden Gun for VoG and Blade Dancer for CE Raids

hydruxo

Intellect or Discipline, because Hunter's melee isn't all that great. It's fun to have throwing knives for thralls but it's not a necessity by any means.

gdt

Anybody dropped anything with lots of intellect ?

I have the feeling this raid gear is STR oriented.

Nope. My Hunter is wayyy over intellect. Like 340 or something. I got a better pair of gloves with int/discipline but I'm not maxing those now. Shards are way too valuable for that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dismantled my first Hunger of Crota which was leveled up to the point where the last three nodes needs energies. Got 4 so that means I have enough to get one character to 32 now. Just need raid gear. :)

Bogeypop

You're the one that wants to do it so bad and you've been doing a good job of it so go for it.

People are usually quick to join raid groups I form, but when I want to do other stuff no one wants to join or help out, so it'll make me feel less disappointed if I don't have to form the group.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If Dhruv is in the team I feel we can beat Atheon and Crota at the same time. Bungie should do that just for kicks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Merry Christmas and happy holidays you bunch of GAFers. Thanks Byron for your kind words and deaf that was inspiring.

Thanks for taking a noob in and making me
and my offspring
feel so welcome. I brag on this community all the time. A bunch of hard core amazing gamers, who will:
Run a Nightfall with you, even if you're underleveled and just hoping for loot;
Bang out a weekly just because they have a few spare minutes;
Run sword on the raid they've beaten 9 times already that day
Pop into your daily because they have a Horn and a bubble :)
Help you finish PvP bounties because you stink at it
Laugh at your jokes and terrible impressions

And the list goes on.

For the occasional crap "gamers" catch - you guys are freaking amazing!
right back at you slugger!

Top Bottom