• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

We both just got off and I am about to make some food, but if you guys need 1 more, I can get on after the reset. I have enough time for 1 hard VoG

Ah, no worries if you just logged off. Make sure to rest up for the 3x3x3x0 (no wipes for real this time!) haha

I need shards so I definitely want to get two runs done today. Just trying to get double eris bounties first

Yeah me too on the bounties. Took like 40 minutes to do all the Eris + Vanguard bounties (except patrol) from "yesterday." I enjoy the daily gathering around Eris at reset, at least 8 guardians in my tower sitting next to her, hah.

Lima

Oh look that warlock bounty again. Why do you hate Titans so much Eris? The first few days you gave them two bounties and then never again.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So many invites to do Crota as swordbearer, Jesus!
I'm doing daily, they know I'm doing daily, 3 blind invites (-_-)

I can't drop everything and just come till you win, I need some me time

Sorry for ranting, but I try to helpful over the week, you can't expect me drop stuff and just come to do so

So many invites to do Crota as swordbearer, Jesus!
I'm doing daily, they know I'm doing daily, 3 blind invites (-_-)

I can't drop everything and just come till you win, I need some me time

Sorry for ranting, but I try to helpful over the week, you can't expect me drop stuff and just come to do so

Swordbearer's Burden.

It begins...

DZHzfks.jpg

Are you playing Ib? I would like to join if you are. I almost snapped the disc last night after being teamed up with retards 4 times in a row.

i'm just finishing some bounties i've had sitting around for a while. i can play IB later if we can get a full gaf team going

Maledict

Just to point out the link you've provided shows that it does do less damage in certain circumstances.

The overall damage to a single target remains the same no matter what, but with explosive rounds enabled you sometimes won't get the Firefly proc when it's the explosive round killing the mob rather than the precision shot. Personally, the firefly effect is a lot more important for me than the explosive round effect so I won't be using it.

GraveRobberX

Of fucking course...
ZUyBeCY.jpg

Also, love this new spot for PTE in The Divide, see all the chaos below, it's hilarious, that motherfucker scopes his laser guided rocket all the way up here!
bUAxJtY.jpg

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Grinding hard trying to find Husk of the Pit.

Been at it for about 3 hours.

First i just kept playing the earth mission. Now I'm sitting in cosmo just waiting for invasions.

game 4 i've joined in progress...

at least it was a really fun match. played like the matches in Bungie's trailers where everybody is just jumping at each other with ARs and supers.

Lima

Just to point out the link you've provided shows that it does do less damage in certain circumstances.

The overall damage to a single target remains the same no matter what, but with explosive rounds enabled you sometimes won't get the Firefly proc when it's the explosive round killing the mob rather than the precision shot. Personally, the firefly effect is a lot more important for me than the explosive round effect so I won't be using it.

Well that and the constantly looking for ammo thing would bother me. I mean the great thing about field scout is having those 104 rounds in reserve. Whenever I use something else and see 65 in reserve I cry a little.

Grinding hard trying to find Husk of the Pit.

Been at it for about 3 hours.

First i just kept playing the earth mission. Now I'm sitting in cosmo just waiting for invasions.

oh god, I just googled that gun and found out you can upgrade it to be decent
I thought it was just some new weapon usefull for lower level players
I've thrown away 2 or 3 now :/

2nd guy just on these last two OT pages to dismantle Husk of the Pit. It will be especially funny if Necrocasm turns out to be any good.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
oh god, I just googled that gun and found out you can upgrade it to be decent
I thought it was just some new weapon usefull for lower level players
I've thrown away 2 or 3 now :/

I haven't gotten it a single time.

Also, I just did a public event. 5 people got shards. I got nothing.

F.

Just did VoG Normal for the first time with a random reddit fireteam. 2x 27's, 2x 28's a 29 and a 30. The 30 and 29 had done it once each and the rest of us were brand new. Took us nearly 5 hours but far out it was satisfying to end it. We got so close 4 or 5 times but one hiccup at the end and we wiped.

Best news out of that was I was playing with all Americans which I thought would be really laggy as I am from Australia but it was perfect, felt exactly the same as if I was playing with other Aussies so I could probably join in on gaf fireteams in future. Definitely going to run the raid again after reset but hopefully by then I am 28 and have my new scout rifle upgraded that I got from the raid. Forgot its name though.

Fistwell

Does that mean you're not available at that time?
So we're effectively 4 and not 6 then. I'll update the list.

HM VoG - PS4 - From start - 6PM GMT+1 / 5PM UK / 2PM ET - (add ZonySUX)
1. ZonySUX (31 Titan)
2. Arnoodt (31 Hunter)
3. YeSP (29 Warlock)
4. Ant26587 (30 Warlock/Hunter)

Acorn

So we're effectively 4 and not 6 then. I'll update the list.

HM VoG - PS4 - From start - 6PM GMT+1 / 5PM UK / 2PM ET - (add ZonySUX)
1. ZonySUX (31 Titan)
2. Arnoodt (31 Hunter)
3. ShaperofStories
4. YeSP (29 Warlock)
I'm down for that.

Either warlock or hunter both 30

Psn Ant26587

GraveRobberX

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS TO ME BITCHES!

ASDFGHJKL:LKJHGFDSA!

Zt6TeZP.jpg

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS and call me a Turnover!

Haha Saltiness Overload:
UbOqaB8.jpg

Just did VoG Normal for the first time with a random reddit fireteam. 2x 27's, 2x 28's a 29 and a 30. The 30 and 29 had done it once each and the rest of us were brand new. Took us nearly 5 hours but far out it was satisfying to end it. We got so close 4 or 5 times but one hiccup at the end and we wiped.

Best news out of that was I was playing with all Americans which I thought would be really laggy as I am from Australia but it was perfect, felt exactly the same as if I was playing with other Aussies so I could probably join in on gaf fireteams in future. Definitely going to run the raid again after reset but hopefully by then I am 28 and have my new scout rifle upgraded that I got from the raid. Forgot its name though.

Always good to hear a happy VoG newbie story. Almost every raid I run has people from multiple countries, usually 3 or more. Lag happens sometimes but it doesn't seem based really on participant locations, usually lag is a non-issue while raiding.

That raid scout rifle is called Vision of Confluence, still one of the best weapons in the game even at 300 attack. Great gun for the new raid too.

Edit: Just realized our reset raid will have 4 counties. America x3, Canada, Belgium and UK.

lol i'm not sure why i've never done this before, but i just switched subclasses to blade dancer after picking up heavy ammo and used camo to flank.

walked right into the enemy spawn and nobody batted an eyelid.

i can only imagine how chaotic the game would be if it didn't have radar at all. i guess that's why the only mode it's disabled in also disables supers.

TP-DK

Still cant beleive I havent gotten shit from Iron Banner yet.

Ånd apparently Twilight gap is the only map in rotation.

Always good to hear a happy VoG newbie story. Almost every raid I run has people from multiple countries, usually 3 or more. Lag happens sometimes but it doesn't seem based really on participant locations, usually lag is a non-issue while raiding.

That raid scout rifle is called Vision of Confluence, still one of the best weapons in the game even at 300 attack. Great gun for the new raid too.

Edit: Just realized our reset raid will have 4 counties. America x3, Canada, Belgium and UK.
plus 3 of the guardian lords as well.

Top Bottom