• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Master List of all Destiny Patches & Updates
The Mythocast - DestinyGAF's Own Occasionally-released Podcast

1auYOUP.jpg
h75srRG.jpg

EeubWMb.jpg

-----

rAHdzFZ.png

845i6S9.png

(Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)
  • Part 1 (Progression at 20-25)
  • Part 2 (Xur's weekly visits, and getting to 26 and beyond; note, "What the Hell is Up with Engrams?" section doesn't apply since the engram patch)
  • Part 3 (27+, getting to 29 without RNG; note, goal 4.5 only applies when the Queen's Wrath missions are available)
  • Part 4a (Life at ~28)
  • Part 4b (Building with Exotics)

cVuWHXl.png

W9GhlFk.png

• Want help with raids? There's a specific thread for that here!
  • Want help with story missions and such? Check out this thread.
AQKZ3ij.png

Elegant weapon and armor pairings for thoughtful Guardians to consider. Refresh the page to see a new one!
Want to add a build to the Randomizer? Just PM me with the info in this format! The only truly necessary parts are the exotic choices and a small description of how to use it. Don't worry about finding the images, I'll add them.​

iaAEsMb.png

CAW33Gu.png

kZnCCE8.png

(The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man
GutZ31
LordofPwn
LiK
Stantron
iRAWRasaurus
areal
Mattiator
Lima
Owlowiscious
Johan Liebert
Lord of Castamere
Auto_aim1
Dave1988
Zakalwe
TearsOfBlood
TP-DK
Slamo
zewone
Dante316
Konosuke
GalacticToast
LollipoPReapeR
Computer Mk. II
Persona RS
rodiard
milkham
Duebrithil
EL CUCO
breakfuss
k1t4j
forrest
Sword Of Doom
Deku Tree
the_log_ride
Messiek
coy
sjay1994
raindoc
hydruxo
David___
NoThru22
xplicitone
Qwell
SlenderBeans

-----

(Thanks LordofPwn and gutterboy44 for the album graphic!)

The enemy is everywhere...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.

We were so close to that one-xur cutoff too, blast!

Looking at the frequent posters list makes me wonder how I have 200 GAF friends from the Destiny threads and still haven't played with more than half of the most active peeps.

I like the number 14. That means I need to get Hawkmoon, Fatebringer and a platinum trophy by then end of this OT.....er maybe I will give myself between OT 14 and OT 23.

ERMint13

I really wish they would remove shards and energy from the loot table in NF. We have the daily missions for those.

Soloing a nightfall and then ending up with 9 energies is a shit feeling.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That new thread smell. Mmmmm.

That new thread smell.

That new OT smell.
edit: I didn't even realize others were posting the saw thing.
I hung a Glade thing. It's "Traveler"-scented.
Looking at the frequent posters list makes me wonder how I have 200 GAF friends from the Destiny threads and still haven't played with more than half of the most active peeps.
I'm more shocked that a sample group of the top 15 posters of the thread doesn't include GraveRobberX :p

Resseh

I really wish they would remove shards and energy from the loot table in NF. We have the daily missions for those.

Soloing a nightfall and then ending up with 9 energies is a shit feeling.
better than getting a crappy legendary that gives 2 energies :p

JTran2003

New thread so new post for help with weekly heroic. Psn jtran2003
BTW, love that new thread smell!!!

Edit: full. Thanks GAF!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Meh, bought Dragon's Breath. I'm hoping bungle does some tweaking on the CE exotics because they are seriously underwhelming, it's like they learned nothing after buffing most of the vanilla exotics.

Meh, bought Dragon's Breath. I'm hoping bungle does some tweaking on the CE exotics because they are seriously underwhelming, it's like they learned nothing after buffing most of the vanilla exotics.

Tweaking is too forgiving a term for what some of these exotics need. NLB needs to be taken out into the woods and left for dead.

Honestly feels like they were afraid of introducing another super-OP exotic so they played everything way too safe.

14 OT's in, how many other unlucky soles don't have either the ghallehorn or the Hawkmoon?

iRawr was on that list until he got one of each within the past week. What a jerk.

Very productive week.

Raid Fusion Rifle
Raid Sniper (All raid weapons now in my posession)
Raid Hunter helmet (Just need exotic chest to get to 32)
Raid Titan helmet (Can now get to 32.)
Raid Warlock gloves (Can now get to 32)

Now just need a shit load of Radiant Shards.

matmanx1

If you're a Warlock I'd go for Bad Juju. Regain your Super all day and Nova Bomb the world. I don't really like the Thorn much for PvE, but I haven't fully upgraded it.

EDIT: Yeah I also think it's easier bounty for PvP. No matter how bad you are eventually you're going to get 10,000 points. Thorn requires a decent Kill/Death Ratio WITH Void weapons.

What? Thorn is AMAZING in PVE. The DoT is pretty insane now (I think it was doing something like 82 a tick in Crota's End last night on Knights) and it still hits really hard and penetrates enemies at the same time. Overall, it is probably the best primary gun in the game at this point for non elemental burn stuff.

I used it for a while because it was a drop from a chest, looks cool and that, but it really is a waste of an exotic slot, way better options out there, i would even say that One Way Ticket 000 from the vanguard is a better option.

Buy only if you have coins to spare.

I have a One Way Ticket 000 and it is lots of fun. The initial blast doesn't seem to hit as hard as other RL's I have used but the cluster bombs can wipe out trash mobs quickly depending on how the clusters fall. Those things are a little unpredictable. Dragon's Breath should be a little bit more predictable on where it is going to leave the Solar Flare.

hydruxo

It be cool if it was like how fallen Kell's are chosen to be worthy. Like a big game for the queen too maybe. idk we'll find out in like march maybe probably.

That'd be cool. I'd love a Horde mode type Arena raid, I feel like it'd be fun.

Top Bottom