• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

inthrall

After having got my brother a PS4 for Christmas, he bought me Destiny and I've surprisingly gotten pretty addicted to this game so far and really enjoying it. Llaying a Sunsinger Warlock and just hit level 20 today, with 2 pieces of gear i got boasting me up to Light 22 (I think they came from me buying the Season pass?) So what do I do now that I'm at this point? Just tried a Level 22 strike and man was that fun, but the gear dropping from it was level 18 for me.

Try get some vanguard gear, from memory the items cost 75-125 marks (weekly cap is 100)

Navy Bean

After having got my brother a PS4 for Christmas, he bought me Destiny and I've surprisingly gotten pretty addicted to this game so far and really enjoying it. Llaying a Sunsinger Warlock and just hit level 20 today, with 2 pieces of gear i got boasting me up to Light 22 (I think they came from me buying the Season pass?) So what do I do now that I'm at this point? Just tried a Level 22 strike and man was that fun, but the gear dropping from it was level 18 for me.
Read Hawkians guide in the OP. It's fantastic.

Just do strikes to get some rare gear with more light. also do bounties to get your vanguard reputation to level 2 so you can buy legendary gear. The strikes will earn you marks which you can use to buy the armor. As your level gets higher try to do higher level strikes. Once you are level 26-27 you can do the vault of glass raid with fellow gaffers and that will hopefully get you better armor and weapons. You will also get lots and lots of ascendant materials so you can level your legendary gear.

There is a guide in the OT that will explain things better probably. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for help if you ever need any. Everyone here is usually very helpful

Coconut

Banned

Focus on getting vanguard gear.

ethomaz

Banned
Buy a Exotic gear tomorrow for your char and focus in get a Vanguard gear... that will put you to level 25 without any upgrade... after that upgrade to lvl 26 and do Raid to get gear to boost to close lvl 30.

Coconut

Banned
Buy a Exotic gear tomorrow for your char and focus in get a Vanguard gear... that will put you to level 25 without any upgrade... after that upgrade to lvl 26 and do Raid to get gear to boost to close lvl 30.

They will not have the coins right now.

My bet is Dragon's Breath again. They are really running out of things to sell.

So disappointed with the exotic selection from the DLC. Such a letdown. If the hard raid drop (which I still haven't even picked up the original of) isn't awesome then the whole crop of exotic weapons from the DLC are basically a total bust. None of them even approach a best-in-class weapon.

There are some decent raid weapons in the DLC. Hunger of Crota is a clear upgrade over Hezen Vengeance and Black Hammer is a top tier weapon better than most exotics. Outside of that, everything else appears to be lackluster.

Exotics are a joke. Dragons Breath has nothing on Truth or Gjallarhorn. 4th Horsemen has way too much competition to matter and is PS exclusive to boot. Nechrocasm remains to be seen, but looks like a shitty version of Atheon Epilogue with no elemental and takes up an exotic slot. No Land Beyond, well, do I need to say anything more?

There are some decent raid weapons in the DLC. Hunger of Crota is a clear upgrade over Hezen Vengeance and Black Hammer is a top tier weapon better than most exotics. Outside of that, everything else appears to be lackluster.

Exotics are a joke. Dragons Breath has nothing on Truth or Gjallarhorn. 4th Horsemen has way too much competition to matter and is PS exclusive to boot. Nechrocasm remains to be seen, but looks like a shitty version of Atheon Epilogue with no elemental and takes up an exotic slot. No Land Beyond, well, do I need to say anything more?

necrochasm is arc damage isn't it?

but yeah i was thinking atheons epilogue too.. i hate those kind of weapons

Ozone

B7cX8n8IcAADhIp.jpg:large

Dammit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
At Deathsinger checkpoint with some newbies and one had to bail. Feel free to join, newbies welcome or to help out, post PSN.

Yay! Got my IB sniper. I rerolled it with clown cartridge, field scout and performance bonus. I was hoping for arc damage but got solar :(. Still not sure if I want to go for last round and armor piercing too...but I wanted these perks for sustained fire with that lovely high impact.

Anyone else got the Spear yet and have gotten a nice reroll?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just had a knight follow me to the middle and apparently the swordkeeper was going number two because it took him like five minutes to appear. Looks like Crota is starting to become like Atheon in terms of glitches.

Yay! Got my IB sniper. I rerolled it with clown cartridge, field scout and performance bonus. I was hoping for arc damage but got solar :(. Still not sure if I want to go for last round and armor piercing too...but I wanted these perks for sustained fire with that lovely high impact.

Anyone else got the Spear yet and have gotten a nice reroll?
I guess I got lucky, I got that drop with those perks you said you wanted plus it's arc 😁

Frenden

Banned
I decided to try the Zoba method, leveled up a 331 sniper with shortgaze and quick draw (or is it snapshot on sniper s?), and had my first ever 15+ killstreak in PvP.

I played a few matches in IB and got a little under half my Thorn bounty done in forty five minutes.

Yuuus.

coy

Kor thanks for setting that up and glad both of us are on our way to 3x32 now! I think that was only my 2nd time seeing Horn drop. Too bad I got another NLB instead. -_-

Dunk#7

Anybody have the gatekeeper checkpoint for glimmer farming? I have never done it as I have always used Exclusion Zone. Would like to learn, and I need 14,000 glimmer

I don't play PvP much but tonight left a bad taste in my mouth.

Replaced on teams immediately after a disconnect. Being told your connection isn't good. Invited to teams that are already full. Wasting time trying to find groups.

I'm glad I play PvE primarily.

Primeval

Neo Member
Originally Posted by MrChowderClams

need 3M for fresh crota run.

1) MrChowderClam
2) Tokems
3) CamoKid
4) ptr19
5) Dragonire
6)
I'll join on my 31 Hunter