• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Is Nechrochasm supposed to be the "Vex" of The Dark Below? Wonder if Bungie gives it the half hearted bump to House of Wolves Standard.

spyder_ur

There are some decent raid weapons in the DLC. Hunger of Crota is a clear upgrade over Hezen Vengeance and Black Hammer is a top tier weapon better than most exotics. Outside of that, everything else appears to be lackluster.

Exotics are a joke. Dragons Breath has nothing on Truth or Gjallarhorn. 4th Horsemen has way too much competition to matter and is PS exclusive to boot. Nechrocasm remains to be seen, but looks like a shitty version of Atheon Epilogue with no elemental and takes up an exotic slot. No Land Beyond, well, do I need to say anything more?

Yup, I got no beef with the raid weapons. Enjoying the fusion, the launcher is nice, and still have yet to get the Black hammer but people like it.

But the exotics are a joke. There needed to be more and they need to be useful and less gimmicky.

Daemul

necrochasm_574.jpg

dat impact

The range is complete shit.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Going by some of the stuff posted on the NPD thread, retail sales for Destiny in the USA should be around 4M.

Rest of the world is usually as much as USA, so 8M. Add bundles and digital sales, I'd say it's a good chance that Destiny is at least at 9M sales globally, probably more.

That's an spectacular debut for a new IP.

border

Going by some of the stuff posted on the NPD thread, retail sales for Destiny in the USA should be around 4M.

Rest of the world is usually as much as USA, so 8M. Add bundles and digital sales, I'd say it's a good chance that Destiny is at least at 9M sales globally, probably more.

Yeah I was pretty surprised to see Destiny make a re-appearance on the NPD charts. You'd think that word of mouth would have killed it, but I guess that trial version the released for free helped bolster sales.

It's strange that by all accounts the game is selling much better on Xbox One but the NeoGAF community it entirely focused around the PS4 community.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I got 3 legendaries and one exotic sitting at the postmasters. So there they shall remain until bungie gives me somewhere to put them.

Very impressive. Still seems odd that Activision is playing coy with all the sales numbers. Will be very interesting to see how well Comet sales. It will kind of be a referendum on the franchise. There is a lot of noise from a vocal group of haters, but it's not clear how large this group is.

border

the animation should just be faster and it shouldn't play if the clip is empty.

In the Weekly Heroic, I got a Solar Y09-Longbow Synthesis with 5 rounds per clip plus Unflinching, Lightweight/Field Scout/Perfect Balance, and Grenadier.

I didn't think too much of it but someone in the group was like "Oh no it's a great sniper. That Zoba guy would totally be jealous!" I tell you this not because I want to make you jealous, but just to let you know that your opinions seem to be respected, well known and far reaching :) I would totally mail it to you if Bungie allowed item swapping, since it seems to be set up well for Crucible and I've kinda lost interest in Crucible.

coy

Crap I'd love to do IB but a friend asked to do weekly. Actually 3 of them. If you'd like to come for 1 or all or some mix in between, then add or join.

PSN: coyquettish

spyder_ur

Finally got the Vex after 15 or so hard mode clears!

Looking forward to taking it for a spin, especially in PVP since I get killed by it a whole lot. Other than that, what are some good situational uses for it? Solar burns I guess, although I feel like VoC and Horn are tough to beat there.

Frenden

Banned
In the Weekly Heroic, I got a Solar Y09-Longbow Synthesis with 5 rounds per clip plus Unflinching, Lightweight/Field Scout/Perfect Balance, and Grenadier.

I didn't think too much of it but someone in the group was like "Oh no it's a great sniper. That Zoba guy would totally be jealous!" I tell you this not because I want to make you jealous, but just to let you know that your opinions seem to be respected, well known and far reaching :) I would totally mail it to you if Bungie allowed item swapping, since it seems to be set up well for Crucible and I've kinda lost interest in Crucible.

Zoba's right. I followed the Z-method and just had my best game ever. With randoms. In IB. It may not seem like much if you're great at Crucible, but I went 27 and 2 with my highest killstreak ever (16) and best score ever (5800-ish).

I was always crap with snipers in CoD, but I think not having to push to "hold your breath" simplifies things to the point where sniping is amazing in PvP in Destiny.

hydruxo

Finally got the Vex after 15 or so hard mode clears!

Looking forward to taking it for a spin, especially in PVP since I get killed by it a whole lot. Other than that, what are some good situational uses for it? Solar burns I guess, although I feel like VoC and Horn are tough to beat there.

It makes the Overcharge bounty super easy

everyone's getting the only weapon i still want. this is what it means to be at the mercy of RNGesus

i just like to run my mouth especially when i'm having a bad day, but i appreciate it. at least i'm being useful.

that sniper makes me jealous. i guess i should start grinding new monarchy.

Palocca

Crap I'd love to do IB but a friend asked to do weekly. Actually 3 of them. If you'd like to come for 1 or all or some mix in between, then add or join.

PSN: coyquettish

I'm joining you if you don't mind. I could use some more coins!

Ugh, what a shit raid run, didn't even finish it. Just one of those times where the swordbearer (me) had a stupid death right when it should have been the final down, bad coordination of rockets crew having enough ammo, only one ballerhorn. Just couldn't consistantly get crota down. I really need to work on my sword timing though. Too much wasted time. Even with the agility buff when holding the sword, I still feel like I am running in mud when I grab that thing. God I wish you could stay in first person view, it all goes to shit for me in 3rd person.

Top Bottom