• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Would have finished even sooner if I didn't stupidly run forwards instead of backwards during DS on our pseudo-practice first run, followed by a bunch of stupid internet technical difficulties. Our next real run was cashed in, and we even did the first darkness phase totally legit which was awesome. Bridge was still cheesy but since the patch you do have to send one person across so it's not a total cake walk.

Since Xur has Icebreaker, I need to figure out how to make 9 coins over the weekend. If anyone wants to the Lvl 30 weekly heroic or drag me through Nightfall, it'd be great :)
I don't mind dragging you the lvl30 weekly. Is that all the strange coins a you need? And what console? Assuming ps4: iRAWRasaurus

Homeboyd

FUCK ME.

Why even give you the option? Seriously? Why not just blank it out so you can't do it.

Who would willingly pay to downgrade
As someone said previously, the stats (int/dis/str) vary from piece to piece... some people may find a better roll at xur than the version they have. I'd never restart for that alone but some might.

You guys were running flawless?

Who got it that didnt have it? Just Dhruv?

Dhruv, Wretched Walrus, Dontbrickme and ps_flocki were all newly inducted Flawless Raider members! Only me and Kartik were repeats.

Thank you so much.

Finally got flawless raider :-D
Wouldn't have got it without the awesome fireteam

You were the MVP by far! I feel so relieved that you got it, knowing how agonizing the early VoG flawless runs were with our OG team. I'm just glad I could be on the fireteam, along for the ride. Congrats again !!!

SeanR1221

As someone said previously, the stats (int/dis/str) vary from piece to piece... some people may find a better roll at xur than the version they have. I'd never restart for that alone but some might.

I see now.

Well, I have no idea what my original stats were so....

:-(

Any way to check? I guess not

I see now.

Well, I have no idea what my original stats were so....

:-(

Any way to check? I guess not

One thing about upgrading them through Xur is that get a tiny xp bonus buff....so of its any consolation, it won't take as long to level again. Gotta find that silver lining @_@.

Namikaze1

Please tell me Bad Juju is up for upgrade!

My body can't take anymore roc strikes! I still have 16 to go! Yes, I can do nexus on easy 16 times but that shit doesn't give you engrams.

Shito

My body can't take anymore roc strikes! I still have 16 to go! Yes, I can do nexus on easy 16 times but that shit doesn't give you engrams.
Bad Juju is up for upgrade. :)

(also, you could replay the weekly or the nightfall, to make it go twice or three times as fast... no engrams neither, though)

I am guessing Xur will sell Gjallarhorn the weekend before House of Wolves launches. It is the community equivalent of a "double XP weekend." People who have taken a break would probably want to jump back in to pick the horn and it might get them back in enough for HoW. It would also make sense to offer it right before another wave of new exotics hits the pool. Because if it sold right now, we would all be using horns for several weeks with nothing possibly better on the horizon. Maybe some HoW gear could knock it off the top....not likely though, I mean come on, its the horn ffs.

Edit: congrats to the latest batch of flawless raiders.

Deku Tree

Congrats to the new flawless raiders!

Wtf I do the nexus level 14 strike for the bounty. We a levels 30-31-32 and the rest of the random team wants to snipe from up top...

Level 24 strikes typically take me 12-15 minutes max. I'm going for Toland's Legacy right now and have about 20 more strikes to do. If it weren't for the engram drops, I'd be doing level 8 strikes til I got it.

Big congrats to all the new flawless raiders!!! I know how nerve wrecking it can be, but then you just fall into a groove and get it done. Congrats again and go get that lordship.

deadduck

I need that Flawless for Platinum!

It's been sitting there as my last trophy to get for some time. Was thinking CE looks less buggy than VoG, but yesterday we had a gatekeeper drop down at Crota while on the left stairs, 2 swords disappear and a swordbearer go up to where the gatekeepers at Crota are! (which luckily reset on Ogres)

kamicowzi

Banned
I don't mind dragging you the lvl30 weekly. Is that all the strange coins a you need? And what console? Assuming ps4: iRAWRasaurus
I'd still need two more coins but I can get those with no trouble. I'll add you my PSN list sometime today. I can't really run anything tonight until later on, but my weekend is pretty open. I love lazy weekends...

Homeboyd

I'd still need two more coins but I can get those with no trouble. I'll add you my PSN list sometime today. I can't really run anything tonight until later on, but my weekend is pretty open. I love lazy weekends...
Xur leaves tomorrow... make sure you get the coins by then.

Iron Banner bounties comboed with Crucible bounties have been a daily boost of help on leveling up weapons. I live IB

Can't wait to unlock perks on Obsidian Mind to combo it with Bad Juju

That actually works out for me, I have classes all day so I am only able to run it within the next hour D: I can do it this weekend, just add me and send me an invite sometimes this weekend.

zewone

People are still freaking out and pretending Ice Breaker is needed?

Buying multiples? Crazy.

With the new wave of snipers that do more damage IB has become niche. There are two useful situations. Cheesing oracles and cheesing certain Nightfalls.

When's the last time you didn't see a bunch of green ammo packs on the ground? An LDR can hold 18-24 shots vs. IB 6.. An LDR doesn't kick like a mule.

I would buy one IB if I didn't have one, but don't buy into the hype. I haven't used my IB in weeks.

Buying multiples? Crazy.

With the new wave of snipers that do more damage IB has become niche. There are two useful situations. Cheesing oracles and cheesing certain Nightfalls.

When's the last time you didn't see a bunch of green ammo packs on the ground? An LDR can hold 18-24 shots vs. IB 6.. An LDR doesn't kick like a mule.

I would buy one IB if I didn't have one, but don't buy into the hype. I haven't used my IB in weeks.

I have the LDR 5001. Should I just be happy with that and not worry saving for IB?

Raybunny

That actually works out for me, I have classes all day so I am only able to run it within the next hour D: I can do it this weekend, just add me and send me an invite sometimes this weekend.

If you guys need help on weekly, nf, raid, whatever count me in. PSN: Raybunzy. I'll be on in 1hour +/- .

rNilla

Buying multiples? Crazy.

This is where I am with Ice Breaker. It's a great weapon and can be incredibly useful but it is also incredibly overemphasized.

Top Bottom