• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

If you already have Helm of Saint 14, is this worth picking up? I heard the BoL/WoL only lasts 5 seconds longer.
I like Saint-14 better. Glasshouse is so highly situational that, though it's good to rotate out for those instances, I normally just keep my Saint-14 on and forget about Glasshouse. And yes, I believe you are right in that the buff only lasts 5 seconds longer.

Do you like running ROC strikes? Because Obsidian Mind is the perfect strike helm. It is silly how often you can have your super up and just blast everything away, over and over. Combine that with Bad Ju Ju or other super recharge buff gear and it becomes its own mini game of how many supers can you fit in a single strike.

I have the bad juju bounty and like strikes, so I think I'll pick it up.

Initially I thought glass house was for Striker Titans :/

If you already have Helm of Saint 14, is this worth picking up? I heard the BoL/WoL only lasts 5 seconds longer.

I'm getting it for the collection. Might as well in case Xur decides not to sell it for another year or whatever.

lunlunqq

Obsidian Mind??? The only warlock exotic piece I'm still missing and the one I needed to become 32 ready (my other helmets are all old versions)! How can I thank you, good sir Xur!!!

CLBridges

Guess I'll upgrade my two Warlock helms and probably will be done with Destiny until Hard mode CE comes out, I think this grind and repetition is starting to get to me a little. Or, maybe it's the Iron Banner shotgun/fusion rifle super fun time bonanza spree alpha part 3.

Bogeypop

yjawjXD.jpg

Future-proofing for a future that will probably never happen. Better have Heart of the Praxic Fire next week so all those guys will know what it feels like to lose your "super unique" Exotic! RIP in peace Obsidian Mind, we had a fun month together
PFfrvOZ.png

I don't understand wanting duplicate exotics

But I'm in the habit of going to the tower when im done playing and dumping my go to weapons

plus they're a pain to level up

not to mention multiple exotic shards

Me either, all dupes get sharded for the weapons I already have and need to level. Ain't nobody got time to level 3 IB. Not to mention Vault and character space is already at a premium as is.

It's not that inconvenient, for me at least, to just head to the tower and swap over gear to another character any time I need to do so. To each their own though.

SeanR1221

FUCK. I think I seriously fucked up.

So last weekend I bought the Lucky Raspberry chest plate from Xur. All week I got it to the final upgrade which required one of his shards. So I bought the shard, and in that same screen, upgraded it from Xur in his shop. The Raspberry reset...but my friend is telling me I fucked up.

He said after The Dark Below, you can upgrade exotics in the menu like you normally would and I basically just paid to reset and re-do everything.

Please hold me Destiny-gaf. Why is this even an option post DLC??

EL CUCO

I like Saint-14 better. Glasshouse is so highly situational that, though it's good to rotate out for those instances, I normally just keep my Saint-14 on and forget about Glasshouse. And yes, I believe you are right in that the buff only lasts 5 seconds longer.
Thanks for the info! In keeping with my tradition of not buying an exotic I have no use for, I think I'll pass on it.

So last weekend I bought the Lucky Raspberry chest plate from Xur. All week I got it to the final upgrade which required one of his shards. So I bought the shard, and in that same screen, upgraded it from Xur in his shop. The Raspberry reset...but my friend is telling me I fucked up.

He said after The Dark Below, you can upgrade exotics in the menu like you normally would and I basically just paid to reset and re-do everything.

Yeah, you fucked up. THe upgrade option is only there for people that had the original pre-dlc exotics (30 light max). All you needed to do to max it was upgrade it in the regular upgrade menu.

spyder_ur

Holy crap! Now IceBreaker. Within the last 9 or so hours I've gotten both Vex and IceBreaker, maybe my two most coveted exotics. Crazy. Vex after maybe my 18th or so hard mode clear and now IceBreaker.

Also picked up Glass House (definitely need a Defender helmet) and Obsidian Mind.

This has to be one of the best Xur days in a long while, right?

Congrats to Colonel and the others I know were still chasing it. It was my white whale for a long time.

Bizazedo

I don't understand that line of thought.
You saved 13 coins: that is, indeed, awesome.

I can understand it. Previously, Obsidian Mind made you feel special.

Now everyone has it and we don't feel special.

It's the one flaw with Xur, and yeah I know, people can be like "Well that's because you're elitist."

It doesn't matter WHY some feel that way, the feeling still exists.

LiK

Uh, yea dude. The whole point to Xur upgrade is for exotics before the TBD updates came out. You didn't need to do that. Just upgrade like normal.

gdt

Yeah you fucked up. Glimmer and coins and a shard down the drain. Not the biggest deal but now you have to relevel it.

Dat ice breaker tho.

Bogeypop

Lol the Roc Strike addict judges! :p I don't get exotics often, so it's fun to mess around when I'm bored in the tower.

Yeah, but you're one step away from dressing up your exotics in frilly dresses, having tea parties, and giving them names

I've done less than 10 Roc Strikes this week. My devotion was rewarded with a Hawkmoon and a Gjallarhorn
(from a Nightfall)
back-to-back, so I've had little reason to do them anymore. I just do them for fun now on the short occasions that I feel like it. I was honestly worried that I didn't really have anything to do anymore, but Hard Raid is coming so that'll last me for a day that week. And REmake Remaster is coming out.

matmanx1

ARs are still pretty viable and the most commonly seen primary in PVP. SUROS can be returned to near prenerf levels with select perks.

Overall, ARs are good but the playing field is much wider now and there are a lot more guns that can stand up to them or frequently surpass them.

My biased opinion, a skilled TLW/Thorn user will probably do better than a skilled Suros user in PVP today.

As for best build, idk, probably more of a play style thing but certain classes/perks clearly benefit PVP more than others (trip mines, fist of havoc, energy drain melee, etc).

I started out the week with TLW in IB and did very, very well with it but switched to Thorn for the last 2 nights. TLW kills quicker but Thorn is more versatile and allows you to play cat and mouse very effectively. I love them both and win most one on one's with auto rifle users (unless Vex Mytho counts, that gun is irritating).

Now if I just had a Hawkmoon..... =)

E92 M3

I've done less than 10 Roc Strikes this week. My devotion was rewarded with a Hawkmoon and a Gjallarhorn
(from a Nightfall)
back-to-back, so I've had little reason to do them anymore. I just do them for fun now on the short occasions that I feel like it. I was honestly worried that I didn't really have anything to do now, but Hard Raid is coming so that'll last me for a day that week. And REmake Remaster is coming out.

Ah yes REmake is coming out soon. Very excited.

--

Black Hammer is now my favorite sniper right after the Ice Breaker. Still love my IB, but the BH brings me a ton of joy.

Blanquito

It's fun seeing everyone so excited about xur this week.

How much does the glass house increase blessing/weapons of light for bubble shield bros? Will it be worth it for me?

Seems like others have already delivered the bad news. It is really stupid that you are even able to do this. I noticed it today with the hunter helm. I have the 331 version, and I was like, why the fuck is it even giving me the option to buy an upgrade for it when it is maxed 331. Really stupid that players can accidentally not only buy a worthless "upgrade" but that it wastes all of those resources and resets your gear!
The Xur upgrade/ reset changes the stats on your exotic armor for better or worse. So some people might upgrade just to increase their stats.

Ahh, this I did not know. An expensive re roll!

Deku Tree

The Xur upgrade/ reset changes the stats on your exotic armor for better or worse. So some people might upgrade just to increase their stats.

kamicowzi

Banned
Since Xur has Icebreaker, I need to figure out how to make 9 coins over the weekend. If anyone wants to the Lvl 30 weekly heroic or drag me through Nightfall, it'd be great :)

bosseye

Hmmmm. I might get Obsidian mind. I'm almost done with the Bad Juju bounty and I hear that gun goes very well with this helm for Voidwalkers.

Was hoping for an Icebreaker upgrade as oppose to having to buy the gun again. Decisions decisions. I guarantee it will be available next week if I buy a new Icebreaker. I ditched Light Beyond Nemesis for an exotic shard the other day after waiting for Xur to sell it and it never being available and look what he's got! The git.

SeanR1221

Yeah, you fucked up. THe upgrade option is only there for people that had the original pre-dlc exotics (30 light max). All you needed to do to max it was upgrade it in the regular upgrade menu.

Uh, yea dude. The whole point to Xur upgrade is for exotics before the TBD updates came out. You didn't need to do that. Just upgrade like normal.

Yeah you fucked up. Glimmer and coins and a shard down the drain. Not the biggest deal but now you have to relevel it.

Dat ice breaker tho.

FUCK ME.

Why even give you the option? Seriously? Why not just blank it out so you can't do it.

Who would willingly pay to downgrade

noomi

Yeah, but you're one step away from dressing up your exotics in frilly dresses, having tea parties, and giving them names

(from a Nightfall)
back-to-back, so I've had little reason to do them anymore. I just do them for fun now on the short occasions that I feel like it. I was honestly worried that I didn't really have anything to do now, but Hard Raid is coming so that'll last me for a day that week. And REmake Remaster is coming out.

Still after the Hawkmoon myself, after running rocs with you I can't stand doing PUGS :/

Top Bottom