• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Not trying to shit this thread up, I am just honestly curious... What is it about Destiny that provokes SO much discussion? 15 threads, no other game has even come remotely close. Just like, in a word, what are you guys talking about?

One of the few threads where posters actually play the game.

Anybody wants to glimmer or have the checkpoint?

R0ckman

Not the teams I play against in Iron Banner. Makes otherwise good solo Crucible players seem like novices.

The competition is there.

Played in IB a few hours earlier this week and it wasn't particularly "challenging" it was basically the same as playing regular crucible control, the same stupid choices from team members were being made as always. Maybe a couple of matches were actually interesting. Honestly in some cases it was really annoying because of the quick respawn and sprint you could kill the same guys and they'd come back over and damn over again until too many of them showed up at once, eventually it got tire some.

I actually enjoy fighting smart teams, but eh it was more boring and annoying than fun. Just part of the grind.

I want a game mode that gets rid of sprint or something, I'm sick of people running from encounters, I'm sick of encountering the same guy seconds after killing him.

E92 M3

that functionality will be extremely useful once it's ready (hopefully soon!). its nice that you can already equip/un-equip items in your inventory when you're offline.

love

Love your avatar choice lol. I've been telling people to go to fatebringer.com.

Not trying to shit this thread up, I am just honestly curious... What is it about Destiny that provokes SO much discussion? 15 threads, no other game has even come remotely close. Just like, in a word, what are you guys talking about?

Destiny is a very social game that has many discussion points: loot, Bungie's ( sometimes inane) decisions, raid formations, multiplayer, Gjallarhorn, Fatebringer, bitching and the podcast. Plus more!

purg3

slept with Malkin
The community is fantastic here :)

The thread is used for many things, bragging about loot, trying to get groups together for raids/pve/pvp, asking about strats, helping other players... and much more.

DestinyGAF is my home.

It really is and I think it has a lot to do with what's keeping me interested in playing the game. This thread is like my morning paper lol.

EL CUCO

Post on Reddit about Iron Banner heroes:

No, the damage modifier is not worth the flipping of spawns. Winning control is more about controlling the right places and spawning at the right place than getting more control points.

Also, due to the game's spawn system, YOU CANNOT SUCCESFULLY CAPTURE AND DEFEND A + C ON ANY MAP UNLESS THE OTHER TEAM IS COMPLETE SHIT.

A lot of people, good players too, still don't know this.
Haha nobody should ever run out to capture a 3rd point when we are effectively controlling a crucial spawn point..unless its for fun and we're completely demolishing the opposition.

However, if we spawn at the opposite side for whatever reason, I'm not opposed to capturing it since we spawned in that area to begin with and it does keep them from scoring the with the multiplier. It also helps us score more as we go back to reclaim what we lost..

1. Green ammo is plentiful.
  2. The game will refill your ammo reserves after a short time if you are empty.
  3. Invective can refill your ammo in this fashion if you really want.
  4. Special Ammo packs are cheap from the gunsmith.
  5. Most Nightfalls aren't solar, and if they are, use an LDR or Gjallarhorn

1) this is not always true. And acquiring them if available is not always easy. Especially if you're in spot you can't leave.
2)come on. We're all about the time efficiency... Ain't nobody got time for dat
3) not everyone has invective. Infact I have it but don't carry because I categorise it as a waste of space unless in crucible.
4) I concede this one. Probs will use Gjallerhorn.

The point of this gun is that it can really help in certain situations which can't be said for a lot of other exotics.

zewone

Haha nobody should ever run out to capture a 3rd point when we are effectively controlling a crucial spawn point..unless its for fun and we're completely demolishing the opposition.

However, if we spawn at the opposite side for whatever reason, I'm not opposed to capturing it since we spawned in that area to begin with and it does keep them from scoring the with the multiplier. It also helps us score more as we go back to reclaim what we lost..

If you stay in that area capping instead of leaving it makes it more likely for your teammates to spawn in that area, thus, you are helping flip the map spawns which you don't want.

Only in certain situations would this be okay. Otherwise it's best just to beat feet out of there.

Honestly, bounties can fundamentally alter the way I play crucible. I'll play more agressively to try to get that last headshot or try to get in closer than I should to get that melee kill. My k/d and score go way up if I play after completing all bounties.

realcZk

destiny is the piece of meeeeee, i wish i didnt neeeeeeeeeed
chasing, relentlesslyyyyyyyyyy, i still grind and i dont know whyyyyyyyy

IF OUR LOVEEE IS TRAGEDY WHY IS DESTINY MY REMEDY

SeanR1221

Your new upgraded armour has a higher defence and light level than your previous armour. You have to redo all the nodes though to fully upgrade it again. That's the price you have to pay.

Right but how do I know which armor and weapons I should upgrade through xur and which ones I shouldnt.

R0ckman

I actually will on occasion if the situation is suitable, take the third spot. The siren and "enemy controls all zones" can in some cases tempt people on the opposite team to rage quit.

Sounds good! That makes 3 of us.

Any others for IB starting after 9pm EST tonight?

Rawr we will start without you but keep the spot open.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. Da_1_hated_tito
3. iRAWRasaurus

thanks but by all means if you guys get a 6th, its no biggie :) I will be playing often this weekend either way.

Right but how do I know which armor and weapons I should upgrade through xur and which ones I shouldnt.

If it's armour, it'll need upgrading if its max light level is 30. For weapons, they need upgrading if the max damage is 300.

Both should be 36 and 331 respectively.

lesbian bears
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit:
Frankly just talking about the game, methods, looking for groups, advice, helping other gaffers and random other chit chat. The Destiny GAF community is THE best community I have played with and I enjoy playing with everyone here.

Coconut

Banned
destiny is the piece of meeeeee, i wish i didnt neeeeeeeeeed
chasing, relentlesslyyyyyyyyyy, i still grind and i dont know whyyyyyyyy

IF OUR LOVEEE IS TRAGEDY WHY IS DESTINY MY REMEDY

Please stop posting your video game slam poetry here. It's embarrassing .

You only want to upgrade armor that has max 30 light (unless you're trying to re-roll stats, but don't worry about that for now) and weapons that have max 300 attack. Only upgrade stuff you need. I have plenty of exotics I still haven't upgraded.

lesbian bears
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tumblr_inline_nhzcba1e5H1qc4uvh.gif

zewone

The idea that you'd deputize this point into your argument makes me feel as though you really haven't spent much time with either weapon. :p

Not true. I received an Ice Breaker early in my Destiny career before the unwashed masses received it from Xur.

It was my favorite exotic for quite some time. But after using a Supremacy which has the same impact, I'd rather carry 24 shots and not have to worry about slow regen. Now I know Supremacy was a rare gun because you could only get it from Queens Wrath, but now a lot of legendary snipers offer the same or more damage than an IB.

For 95% of the game, you would want to use your exotic slot or a different gun when a legendary sniper will work just fine. That's my entire point. Like I said, I haven't really used it since the only time I would pull it out was to cheese Oracles in VoG Hard. And I don't even run that anymore.

Something something no matchmaking

R0ckman

Game has a lot of good things and bad things in it, there is also no match making in certain modes.

CHC

The Halo games have!

If you're really curious, I can go into as much or as little detail as you want. There are a lot of reasons behind it, especially if you really get into the why on any of the following, but the simplest summary would be these three points:

1) There's an enormous community of players here. Somewhere over 1000 active if including lurkers, and I am neither kidding nor speaking metaphorically.
2) There are a variety of certain kinds of posts that will appear on every page, appropriately.
3) There are a variety of recurring weekly and cyclical events that cause regular activity spikes (one of which is on Friday mornings, as it is at this very moment, for one example)

The community is fantastic here :)

The thread is used for many things, bragging about loot, trying to get groups together for raids/pve/pvp, asking about strats, helping other players... and much more.

DestinyGAF is my home.

The game
The drops
Getting groups together
Tactics
The love for the game
The way the game screws us
Mostly having fun... Yup... Fun, we enjoy it a lot.

Thanks dudes, my question is answered. Keep having fun.

zewone

Is the regen time still 5 minutes though? lol

Invective refills 4 at a time right? How long does it take for IB to regen 4 shots?

EDIT: Invective regens 4 shots in 20 seconds. Ice Breaker regens one shot every 5 seconds, which means it also takes 20 seconds to regen 4.........

EL CUCO

If you stay in that area capping instead of leaving it makes it more likely for your teammates to spawn in that area, thus, you are helping flip the map spawns which you don't want.

Only in certain situations would this be okay. Otherwise it's best just to beat feet out of there.
Right. But at that point the spawns have already been flipped. I'm not saying cap and defend. More like cap to minimize loss and maximize gains as we head back.

But yeah it's definitely situational.

Hoodbury

I'm a little late catching up on things but bummer hard mode is next Wednesday and not Tuesday. I took Tuesday off from work. Dammit.

Invective refills 4 at a time right? How long does it take for IB to regen 4 shots?

8*4 = 36secs.

Idk I'd rather use Icebreaker than invective.its not for everyone but I don't get people who shard an exotic they don't already have lol. Atleast keep it for the collection

LiK

I'm a little late catching up on things but bummer hard mode is next Wednesday and not Tuesday. I took Tuesday off from work. Dammit.

I have Tues off as well. Which means I can do CE with people here after reset immediately and try to get a new Titan helm reroll. Current one is all Discipline.

Congrats on the IB's everyone. I'm glad Bungie realized that it's not all that OP. Much better choices in about 95% of the situations. Xur will probably sell that shitty GHorn next week to fleece everyone of their hard earned strange coins.

Top Bottom