• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Ugh worst part about playing with randoms in IB...besides heroes I mean...finally finding a good team who understands how to play. Then after one match where you win by a few thousand points MM breaks up the team and drops you into a match in progress. And you new team is already down 5000 and three guys are capping A on shores of time lol.

Deku Tree

I definitely interpreted it as no chalice.

"If you’ve experienced Hard Mode in Vault of Glass, you have some clues for how we can scale up a Raid. Prepare to take better care of your teammates. You’ll have fewer options for healing yourself, and each other. The enemies you’re about to face are stronger and more prone to temper tantrums."

...maybe no chalice and more oversoul?

No chalice at all would be brutal against level 33 enemies even if you are a level 32.
People will need to equip stuff that regens health, and carefully choose their subclass perks, and save their supers.

joecanada

As happy as I am to get a pair of ice breakers today, I'm still going to find something to complain about: That Rasputin story mission heroic daily... I'm sick of seeing it in the rotation, and I feel that the end fight is bullshit. I always get knocked down by something or another at least once. Fine for my warlock, but I have a hard time beating it with my alts solo. I'm skipping it for today.

gjallahorn the second they all spawn in, step 2, profit.

realcZk

Or maybe the person that grabs the chalice is a designated healer?

i think it would be cool if there was some debuff that only being near the chalice holder could "cleanse", sorta like the lamp+weight of darkness phases. not saying it has to be the same, but the general idea. would really put the MVP on the sword/chalice bearer. if that was the case, might have someone other than the sword guy pick up the chalice.

Jinjo

Nice weapon for PvE, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't get Zoba's seal of approval for PvP.

Wish it could have Rodeo + Unflinching, Field Scout + Perfect balance. Unfortunately, one can only choose one perk in each of these sets, so the gun's low ammo, low stability makes it unsuitable for the Crucible :(

I rerolled mine one final time and got Rodeo, Field Scout and Outlaw. It's solar too. Definitely keeping it this way. Gonna be great for PvE.

stb

Guess I will buy the Titan helm as the only exotic I have for mine is Ruin Wings. Probably will upgrade Plan C and maybe Pocket Infinity, maybe. I also need a couple shards for exotic upgrades.

I'll buy the Glasshouse because for the collection, because it looks dope, has a decent stat roll, and I don't need/want to buy anything else.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Being the worst on the team on a close losing match really sucks :/ just knowing that the loss was on you.

Haha yeah, I know those feels. Welcome to my life, last night :) I really shouldn't have been playing after spending a few hours at happy hour. Can't believe how hard it was to shoot people in the face haha.

It's insane to me that there's someone that doesn't appreciate the glory that is Ice Breaker. If I could have only one exotic in the game, this would be it. It's amazing in 98 percent of all PVE content. It has really high impact with the only other snipers in that range being Supremacy (not many people have it) and Black Hammer. It has infinite ammo for when you want to sit back and blast away without endangering yourself (Devil Walker on NF). It can regen ammo for another special weapon if your using something else for an arc burn. It has the agility boost that you don't have to sacrifice another useful perk for. This thing just slaughters enemies with crit hits and the only time I ever un-equip it in PvE is for Ballerhorn against the stronger bosses or if I have a great special weapon to use on Arc and Void burn NF strikes. I can see using an exotic primary over it for stuff like Patrols and bounties which I think is partly what Zewone is getting at but my VoC works just fine for that stuff and my IB will quickly waste the majors and ultras when I reach them.

This is without mentioning it looks really unique and sounds awesome or that it's the best weapon for many cheeses. To each Guardian his own but I highly recommend owning 3 IBs. It has the largest utility use in the game.

Nailed it. The hipster BS about "I had an IB before it was cool" stuff doesn't change the fact that it's the most versatile weapon in the game.

commish

"If you’ve experienced Hard Mode in Vault of Glass, you have some clues for how we can scale up a Raid. Prepare to take better care of your teammates. You’ll have fewer options for healing yourself, and each other. The enemies you’re about to face are stronger and more prone to temper tantrums."

...maybe no chalice and more oversoul?

I'm almost certain there will be no healing for Crota, but that's really not an issue. You shouldn't be taking damage anyway. Of course, that's normal...

LordofPwn

Hard Mode Predictions

no revives
Pit: major cursed thrall, possibly weight of darkness x20
Bridge: vestiges on away side, more wizards
Thrall Hall: Deadlier Shriekers
Deathsinger: Vestiges
Crota: Gatekeepers. kill the sword bearer, kill gatekeeper, take crotas shield down once and use super. also no chalice. or one chalice per shield down, or one chalice per heal, or it has a countdown and cool down

I also think enemies will agro more often/faster. like when knights or ogres get their health down to a certain point they get dat red glow.

Navy Bean

Haha yeah, I know those feels. Welcome to my life, last night :) I really shouldn't have been playing after spending a few hours at happy hour. Can't believe how hard it was to shoot people in the face haha.

I'm hosting a party tonight and then I'll jump on for some drunken IB. I apologize in advance to my teammates...lol.

i think it would be cool if there was some debuff that only being near the chalice holder could "cleanse", sorta like the lamp+weight of darkness phases. not saying it has to be the same, but the general idea. would really put the MVP on the sword/chalice bearer. if that was the case, might have someone other than the sword guy pick up the chalice.

Wait... so are you telling me you won't be able to just do everything for me? I'm going to have to pay attention and work? Ugh.

Seriously though, are we still planning on raiding twice tonight? I need to fit that into my IB schedule. I'm hitting rank 4 tonight.

commish

Hard Mode Predictions

no revives
Crota: Gatekeepers. kill the sword bearer, kill gatekeeper, take crotas shield down once and use super.

I also think enemies will agro more often/faster. like when knights or ogres get their health down to a certain point they get dat red glow.

I have a feeling the MIDA is going to be very useful for the first part. As it is, you can still move pretty quickly even with 10 darkness on you.

I'm hosting a party tonight and then I'll jump on for some drunken IB. I apologize in advance to my teammates...lol.

Yeah, I was in a gaf group last night, and I was definitely the weak link, haha. I probably should have just played solo by that point. I even somehow broke one of my PS4 controllers.

MrDaravon

Quick question; if I have a ton of Crucible and Vanguard marks (and commendations) on my main character, what would be the best use of them to try to help my alts? Just came back to the game about a week or two ago from near after launch. My main is a Hunter who I just hit 30 with (I just got the DLC this morning), and I'm about to max out on Vanguard Marks and have 150+ Crucible marks on her. Since I can't directly buy armor for my other classes I'm guessing my options are:

-Buy armor for my Hunter just to break down into shards
-Buy a legendary weapon(s) for my other classes
-Buy one of the better Sparrows for my alts (who are still using the one you get for the gold chests on Earth)

The first option seems to be a bit of a waste but better than just sitting on full marks. I actually like the faster sparrow which I have on my Hunter upgraded with the Plasma Drive, but since I got the Season Pass I'm supposed to get that tumbler Sparrow right? Is the speed on that equivalent (also where am I supposed to get it?)? And if I go with the second option what would be a good pick? I'm looking at maybe either the Do Gooder V AR from the Crucible or the Vanquisher AR from New Monarchy.

Abylim

Finally hit rank 4 IB. Chest and Gloves are mine!

Now to decide if I keep going for the hand cannon, or call it quits.

Done this entirely solo

Deku Tree

Hard Mode Predictions

no revives
Crota: Gatekeepers. kill the sword bearer, kill gatekeeper, take crotas shield down once and use super. also no chalice. or one chalice per shield down, or one chalice per heal, or it has a countdown and cool down

Hard is supposed to be hard not impossible for most casual players.
After the Crota raid being so easy,
I am worried that overall they are scaling down the difficulty to make the raids more accessible anyway.

SkylineRKR

Ugh worst part about playing with randoms in IB...besides heroes I mean...finally finding a good team who understands how to play. Then after one match where you win by a few thousand points MM breaks up the team and drops you into a match in progress. And you new team is already down 5000 and three guys are capping A on shores of time lol.

A lot of players don't understand Control, its frustrating for those who do. They fuck up your spawn area or they weaken 2 areas just to cap one that isn't theirs. Or typically run into an ambush.

Hoodbury

Hard Mode Predictions

no revives

Bolded would just be unfun, not harder. They better not do that.

I'm thinking maybe a troll or something guarding each light?

LordofPwn

I have a feeling the MIDA is going to be very useful for the first part. As it is, you can still move pretty quickly even with 10 darkness on you.

Yeah, I was in a gaf group last night, and I was definitely the weak link, haha. I probably should have just played solo by that point. I even somehow broke one of my PS4 controllers.

nah man. no land beyond. no doubt. gonna dont touch me my way to safety. only kill ogre.

ERMint13

Do we think a group of 32's with one or two 31's will have a shot at hardmode? I'd assume it would be the same as doing Atheon with 3 or 4 30's and the 29's we used to do.

Public event packages can give new materials correct? I might start stocking up on those packages...down to 74 new shards for two characters to hit 32 between them.

realcZk

Wait... so are you telling me you won't be able to just do everything for me? I'm going to have to pay attention and work? Ugh.

Seriously though, are we still planning on raiding twice tonight? I need to fit that into my IB schedule. I'm hitting rank 4 tonight.

yea i wanna do it 2x tonight.. shouldnt take that long at all. warlock and titan are 32. ill be gone saturday so ill have to hit 5 on sunday/monday

ethomaz

Banned
This week was so productive...

|WEAPONS I NEED|
Red Death
Universal Remote
Necrochasm
The 4th Horseman
Praetorian Foil
Found Verdict
Abyss Defiant
Fang of Ir Yut
Oversoul Edict
Word of Crota
Black Hammer
Light of The Abyss

It is close to half what I needed last week.

Homeboyd

Do we think a group of 32's with one or two 31's will have a shot at hardmode? I'd assume it would be the same as doing Atheon with 3 or 4 30's and the 29's we used to do.
It's not the same. In VOG, 30 was the same level as hard mode so 29's were only 1 level behind. In CE, even 32's are already 1 level behind hard mode enemies, so 31's will be 2 levels below. Big difference.

yea i wanna do it 2x tonight.. shouldnt take that long at all. warlock and titan are 32. ill be gone saturday so ill have to hit 5 on sunday/monday

No, it really shouldn't. I'll have to bring my 31 and 30 as my 32 has already done it. Nonetheless, at this point it's more or less a cake walk... as long as people don't decide to pull a Gorgon maze and keep throwing grenades at them (or whatever the CE equivalent of that is).

Hoodbury

x20 would be fine. it encourages the group to stick together. instead of having some people stay back to spread out enemies.

Being forced to move slow is always an "unfun" mechanic in games. It's like any game that forces your character to use a walk animation while in a town or something. Never goes well.

right on the nose.

I don't have the coin to own 3 though. My Titan has a phobia of sniper rifles though so it's okay. He needs to be in either punching distance or "I can make that punching distance"-distance
Aww wish I could give you coins, I'm up in the 200's somewhere and that's with only having one character for 90 percent of the time Destiny has been out since I have hated Xur's inventory most weeks ;P I guess I have enough now that I could start buying any unique exotic though I don't think I'm missing much for weapons. I'd have to look at the list but excluding Necrochasm (since I have Husk and it's inevitable I'll get it) at the top of my head I'm missing Thuderlord and Red Death. I 'think' that's it. Pretty good since I've never bought an exotic weapon for collecting purposes. Whoops, just saw a post listing two more exotics I don't have, Universal Remote and Four Horseman.
Supremacy, LDR, & Longbow have the same impact. LDR and Longbow can be easily obtained from vendors. Black Hammer has more impact and it's perk is more useful. Efrideet's Spear has way more impact and it can be rolled into perks you want.
I stated Supremacy and Black Hammer. I love my Supremacy especially since it does Arc which IB obviously doesn't but not many people have this weapon. I really want Hammer for bosses but Crota won't cough it up yet. That's interesting if there are two the vendors sell that have around that impact, my bad for missing those. I guarantee they still don't come even remotely close to the over all use of IB though. I'm assuming Spear is from Iron Banner? 1. You have zero control on what perks you get and 2. We are talking about PvE here and there are plenty of people that don't like playing PvP and thus, Spear isn't even an option for them.

zewone

It's not the same. In VOG, 30 was the same level as hard mode so 29's were only 1 level behind. In CE, even 32's are already 1 level behind hard mode enemies, so 31's will be 2 levels below. Big difference.

Everyone is going to need to be 32 for sure. I'm guessing at the end we may even see level 34 enemies.

Dat artificial difficulty.

Top Bottom