• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Quick question; if I have a ton of Crucible and Vanguard marks (and commendations) on my main character, what would be the best use of them to try to help my alts? Just came back to the game about a week or two ago from near after launch. My main is a Hunter who I just hit 30 with (I just got the DLC this morning), and I'm about to max out on Vanguard Marks and have 150+ Crucible marks on her. Since I can't directly buy armor for my other classes I'm guessing my options are:

-Buy armor for my Hunter just to break down into shards
-Buy a legendary weapon(s) for my other classes
-Buy one of the better Sparrows for my alts (who are still using the one you get for the gold chests on Earth)

The first option seems to be a bit of a waste but better than just sitting on full marks. I actually like the faster sparrow which I have on my Hunter upgraded with the Plasma Drive, but since I got the Season Pass I'm supposed to get that tumbler Sparrow right? Is the speed on that equivalent (also where am I supposed to get it?)? And if I go with the second option what would be a good pick? I'm looking at maybe either the Do Gooder V AR from the Crucible or the Vanquisher AR from New Monarchy.

You will get plenty of ass mats from the VoG, I dont know if youre able to buy armor for other classes (besides from Xur), I believe the fastest sparrow is from Atheon HM drop ( which is most likely once you kill him), personally the vast majority of all auto rifles (besides the Suros ) are meh. I would recommend a scout rifle or hand cannon. The crucible hand cannon is pretty good so far. I just bought it and level it up a tad bit. I dont use the tumbler sparrow, its mostly for tricks and etc.

edit: p.s I just quickly looked at your post and saw key words and assume things :p so my apologizes if this post is no useful haha. However I do want a Vanquisher AR with field scout. I think the 22 mag size is too small. Actually in a hurry so I will get going now..

zewone

I stated Supremacy and Black Hammer. I love my Supremacy especially since it does Arc which IB obviously doesn't but not many people have this weapon. I really want Hammer for bosses but Crota won't cough it up yet. That's interesting if there are two the vendors sell that have around that impact, my bad for missing those. I guarantee they still don't come even remotely close to the over all use of IB though. I'm assuming Spear is from Iron Banner? 1. You have zero control on what perks you get and 2. We are talking about PvE here and there are plenty of people that don't like playing PvP and thus, Spear isn't even an option for them.

I just wanted to list all of the legendary alternatives that do the same or more damage than Ice Breaker. Spear is from Iron Banner. You do have some control of what perks and even element you want since you can re-roll it for 2 motes of light.

Is there really an outstanding exotic primary?
I mean, I do love my hawkmoon, but it also has its flaws (as a scout rifle lover, range is one of them, for example). Mida is really cool, but not THAT MUCH better than a good legendary scout. Bad Juju in an obsidian build is funny, but pretty meh otherwise.
I'm struggling to find what primary exotic I would really "need" to use in PVE...
I used MIDA for the beginning of CE, the 2 agility perks had me speeding past Hunters. I'm also quite fond of the high rate of fire on it, but in all honesty, the only thing I like about exotics is that I know EXACTLY what I'm getting when the gun drops, and not be slightly disappointed with a weapon like Badger CCL because it comes with a shitty roll.

right on the nose.

I don't have the coin to own 3 though. My Titan has a phobia of sniper rifles though so it's okay. He needs to be in either punching distance or "I can make that punching distance"-distance
That +2 agility perk, tho.

Anybody want to be 6th for an I-Banner steam roller?

Lag has shockingly been better for me today than usual, not saying a lot because it's usually awful but still...

Deku Tree

You will get plenty of ass mats from the VoG, I dont know if youre able to buy armor for other classes (besides from Xur), I believe the fastest sparrow is from Atheon HM drop ( which is most likely once you kill him), personally the vast majority of all auto rifles (besides the Suros ) are meh. I would recommend a scout rifle or hand cannon. The crucible hand cannon is pretty good so far. I just bought it and level it up a tad bit.

I thought the fastest sparrow (but only by a tiny amount) was upgrading a blue sparrow with Xur's fusion drive for 23 strange coins. I never bothered to do it myself... The timebreaker was fast enough...

Rubenov

We couldn't respawn at all in our last match.

Had a situation yesterday, on Firebase Delphi, right at the start of the match people started dying on both teams and couldn't respawn. The sole survivor was our MBFTrace, and he proceeded to flip the spawns leisurely by himself since no one was alive (we had started the match outside on C).

We won that game, and he received a hate message due to "cheating", saying they captured the video and were sending it to Bungie. I hope they follow through on their threat, so they can perhaps be motivated to fix this crappy netcode.

Deku Tree

Even so one level difference is like 34% less damage dealt and 34% increased of damage received.

Two levels is like 50%.

31s will be close to useless.

I don't know... A 31 might be OK for everything except holding the sword probably. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to it.

Shito

When will people learn to not enter a Titan's bubble?

I kept getting "Contacting servers" messages on my end and then there was respawning taking its sweet time.
Servers getting hammered by all these people connecting to buy their Icebreaker? :3

MrDaravon

You will get plenty of ass mats from the VoG, I dont know if youre able to buy armor for other classes (besides from Xur), I believe the fastest sparrow is from Atheon HM drop ( which is most likely once you kill him), personally the vast majority of all auto rifles (besides the Suros ) are meh. I would recommend a scout rifle or hand cannon. The crucible hand cannon is pretty good so far. I just bought it and level it up a tad bit. I dont use the tumbler sparrow, its mostly for tricks and etc.

edit: p.s I just quickly looked at your post and saw key words and assume things :p so my apologizes if this post is no useful haha. However I do want a Vanquisher AR with field scout. I think the 22 mag size is too small. Actually in a hurry so I will get going now..

No worries haha. I still haven't done either of the Raids; I stopped playing like a week or two after VoG launched and since I'm still sadly slumming it on the 360 version we didn't have enough people in our group and at a high enough level to try it. I'll probably wind up eventually using destinylfg or something, but right now I don't have any Raid drops.

Generally I'm not too big on Scout Rifles/Hand Cannons; I like them okay, but generally prefer AR's as a primary. One of my alts already has a new purple Scout Rifle (don't recall which) and the other one is using an upgraded MIDA. I've got an upgraded Thorn and TLW as well but not leveled up, so I think I'm good there for now. I've only got one good AR though which is an upgraded Suros which my Hunter is using right now, so that's why I was thinking of getting an AR.

tumblr_inline_nhzcba1e5H1qc4uvh.gif

gao gao...gorri gorri

Seriously Fig. You should be careful

Obsidian Mind has been my goto helmet even if i'm not voidwalker cause it charges your super so fast. It's either Obsidian Mind or Praxic Fire for me
Yep, those are the two best Warlock exotics IMO. I wish Starfire would let you use 3 nades, then it'd be up there but still a good Sunbro exotic if you don't have Praxic.
I just wanted to list all of the legendary alternatives that do the same or more damage than Ice Breaker. Spear is from Iron Banner. You do have some control of what perks and even element you want since you can re-roll it for 2 motes of light.

Ok but my primary point wasn't how much damage IB does but rather it's utility. It's utility is absolutely unmatched. The fact you get so many amenities AND it does great damage just pushes it to the top for me. I know you can re-roll all you want, that still doesn't allow you to choose what perks you want. You have to hope you win the lottery. Although if there's only a few combinations it won't be too bad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Even so one level difference is like 34% less damage dealt and 34% increased of damage received.

Two levels is like 50%.

31s will be close to useless.

No offense to the 31s out there, but I wouldn't raid with a 31 in hard mode, at least not until it's on farm status.

CREMSteve

Only Iron Banner weapons.

You pay 2 motes of light at the IB vendor and it will re-roll the perks/elements of the IB weapon of your choice. You can use it like a slot machine to try and get your preferred perks.
Thanks

Was hoping it was on all stuff. >.<

I thought the fastest sparrow (but only by a tiny amount) was upgrading a blue sparrow with Xur's fusion drive for 23 strange coins. I never bothered to do it myself... The timebreaker was fast enough...
No idea never bother wasting marks and strange coins in the past :)
No worries haha. I still haven't done either of the Raids; I stopped playing like a week or two after VoG launched and since I'm still sadly slumming it on the 360 version we didn't have enough people in our group and at a high enough level to try it. I'll probably wind up eventually using destinylfg or something, but right now I don't have any Raid drops.
I would be more than willing to do the raid with you if you're on ps4 :/ I have heard good and bad things about destiny lfg so best wishes :) hopefully it won't sour your experiences if you get a bad group since the raids are the best aspect of this game imo.

Rubenov

Being the worst on the team on a close losing match really sucks :/ just knowing that the loss was on you.

The loss is always on the team and not a single person. That said, each person must be pulling their own weight in the Iron banner (Crucible is a different story, much more relaxed and it really doesn't matter).

You do right by the team by having upgraded weapons and armor, and following the team's strategy.

CREMSteve

Yes. But to be fair to myself I usually put on 15ish pounds in the winter. I do blame the crew weight on obsessing over Destiny.

Am I seriously the only one that has had this happen?
I've gained seven lbs over the past few months. But I eat a lot of fast food because I travel for work and my weekly hockey shut down. I suppose Destiny hasn't helped though, lol.

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the brief train ride Nami. Gotta go meet the girlfriend now, but I finally capped Crucible Marks and got a Crucible Commendation. Now I'm just 50 Marks short of the Rapier next reset :)

If you see people mentioning re-rolls while speaking of Iron Banner, you can pay motes of light to have a random roll of your gear. If you are seeing people speak of this concerning other armor, it's because unlike weapons, you can receive the same piece of armor with different stats (Strength, Intelligence, Discipline). When Xur sells something he has already sold before, it often has different stats and if you get an exotic from a drop, it probably will have different stats than Xur's version too. Likewise, you can get the Raid gear with different stats. I've gotten the Warlock arms three or four times in Crota's End and three of them had different stat combinations. One was just strength, another str and disc and the last Int and Disc.

Guys, I just bought the Achlyophage Symbiote thing even though I already have a maxed one.

Mime capped at 101 Discipline but the one Xur sells caps at 112. It's not a bad idea to max the knew one out for the increase in DISC is it?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Oh nooooooo

Crucible is just gonna be obsidian warlocks spamming supers all the time from now on isn't it? I'm never going near a point or group again.

Hyun Sai

Ok but my primary point wasn't how much damage IB does but rather it's utility. It's utility is absolutely unmatched. The fact you get so many amenities AND it does great damage just pushes it to the top for me. I know you can re-roll all you want, that still doesn't allow you to choose what perks you want. You have to hope you win the lottery. Although if there's only a few combinations it won't be too bad.
Besides that, no lottery will give you the perk that makes enemies exploding without the need of a critical. Only Ice Breaker can do that, and that pushes the area DPS to the sky. People often underestimate that, but that was a game changer for me.

Namikaze1

Of course. I wanted to join you last night but it was full. You missed my IB domination in a few matches. :(
I blame Math since she was party leader. We had 4-5 for most of our matches. I tried to tell her there were people interested in joining.

Deku Tree

CE is level 30 and has level 32 enemies, no?

VoG normal was level 26 and had level 28 enemies.
VoG hard was level 30 and had level 30 enemies.

CE normal is level 30 and has level 32 enemies
Ce hard is level 33 and by extrapolation maybe it has only level 33 enemies...

... we will find out soon enough!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Besides that, no lottery will give you the perk that makes enemies exploding without the need of a critical. Only Ice Breaker can do that, and that pushes the area DPS to the sky. People often underestimate that, but that was a game changer for me.

I've always been confused about this ability. It's clear the enemies explode, but I can't tell if it's hurting nearby enemies the way, say, Fatebringer makes a clear display of doing so.

Top Bottom