• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Matchew

60% of the time it happens every time. I've only had 4 exotics drop for me in Nightfall. All 4 Xur has sold that same week. My favorite was when he sold Plan C the previous week and I got it in the following week's Nightfall. I thought I finally broke the streak, but no, that's the week where he ended up selling it twice in a row...

Yep, same thing with the Plan C that happen to you happen to me and my friend got the last word in the nightfall and Xur had it for the sale on Friday.

Hoodbury

I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :\

Dismantled. At least I got shard out of it.

Oi, I think you messed up big time. Icebreaker is so good to use for bosses. You don't have to worry about recoil then, just get your aim on the crit spot and fire, re-aim to the crit spot and fire. Can do that unlimited amounts of time.

You're missing out on a great gun. Should have given it a try a bit longer and not on a daily quest with regular mobs. Should have tried it on a strike with bosses or a raid.

It's not a gun I keep equipped all the time, I just switch to it when the right occasion for it comes up. Which is what is so great about it because you don't have to worry about ammo for it.

Use your fusion rifle or whatever on trash mobs to get to bosses and then switch to Icebreaker when you get to the boss and get those crit shots in.

It's so nice for those Nightfall bosses where you pretty much have to cheese from safety.

I think you made a quite hasty decision there unfortunately.

Did phen0m get his IceBreaker!?

I am tempted to buy 2, I have one currently, had 3 non-331 ones but didn't want to relevel them again.

But now I do....

Didn't see you were on remote play until now lol. No worries though you're always welcome to run in my FT.

I just got a Vita for Christmas and it does come in handy at work. But I had to buy some Kelux grips and some thumbsticks adapters cause I had issues aiming with those tiny thumbsticks.

Nice! I wish I can play at work but my work's wifi is extremely bad. They block a lot of crap.

Deku Tree

I am tempted to buy 2, I have one currently, had 3 non-331 ones but didn't want to relevel them again.

But now I do....

I bought two. Spent 50 strange coins today. Icebreaker 2x, Obsidian Mind, Glasshouse with 122 max intellect to replace my Glasshouse that only had 94 max intellect (which I only had up to 34 light because I didn't need to be at 36 light yet).

The great thing about Icebreaker is you don't need to rush to level it up. It is already fantastic with zero leveling. Of course it gets better with the agility perk and the explosion perk but it's very good even before you get those...

Bogeypop

But now I do....

bBGuYU8.gif

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hey guys,
What's the quickest way to grind Glimmer?

Almost at IB rank 4, then I need to buy those arms to hit 32 by Wednesday!

Deku Tree

You didn't buy Ruin Wings? There's nothing more useful than Ruin Wings and Gjallarhorn if you gotta go fast.

I only run Roc strikes as a Titan because of Ruin Wings.

I have a Glasshouse on my Titan... I don't have Ruin Wings, I don't have Gjallarhorn, and I don't have Helm St-14 anymore (exotic sharded my 30 light version because I just did OK)... I am enjoying my Glasshouse is all I am going to say.

nowai

Did some patrol and all you could hear is the Icebreaker sound.

After playing the game for so long I'd have to say the Midi is my favorite primary. It's just too bad it doesn't get much use in raids and such because IB and the Horn have more priority.

Agreed on all points. Next to Hawkmoon it's my fav exotic primary.

I pretty much only use exotic primaries for pvp, horn is just too good not to use in pve.

Ice breaker is nice, but it's matched by the LDR/longbow and outclassed by black hammer and efrideet's spear. Efrideet's spear with field scout is my daily driver and it doesn't take up an exotic slot.

Hey guys,
What's the quickest way to grind Glimmer?

Almost at IB rank 4, then I need to buy those arms to hit 32 by Wednesday!

Gatekeepers is hands down the best. There will be a ton of people doing it, myself included, this weekend with Xur and Iron Banner. Look on here or post when you need it.

djblue89

Currently on 6 Strage coins, I've done my weekly for this week, I've yet to do the Nightfall, what is the best way to get enough to buy the IceBreaker ?

If I don't get it this weekend, when would be the next time it would pop up ? Weeks,Months?

Rixa

Ohmy what a weapon came from Purple Engram
Outlaw & Firefly

And then these 3, no Field Scout but...

Snapshot (Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast)
Send It (Increase Range and Accuracy -> Gets max range)
Custom Optics (Precision glass for better zooming)

Currently on 6 Strange coins, I've done my weekly for this week, I've yet to do the Nightfall, what is the best way to get enough to buy the IceBreaker ?

I'd do the nightfall first, since if you get strange coins you'd get 10 or so. Then just run ROC strikes. Engrams decrypt into strange coins often.

LiK

Currently on 6 Strage coins, I've done my weekly for this week, I've yet to do the Nightfall, what is the best way to get enough to buy the IceBreaker ?

If I don't get it this weekend, when would be the next time it would pop up ? Weeks,Months?

Do NF cuz you might just get it as a drop. huhu

Steroyd

Do nightfall a chance for strange coins, also assume Ice Breaker is never going to appear ever again then you won't be disappointed every week.

zewone

Outlaw & Firefly

Great roll.

matmanx1

How is the Thorn in PvE? I've just begun to level mine.

I feel like I am a basically saying the same things over and over but Thorn is fantastic for both PVP AND PVE. It handles extremely well for a hand cannon, has 9 shots in the magazine (the last of which does bonus damage), penetrates targets (so you can often kill more than 1 mob per bullet) and does Damage over Time to anything that you didn't kill with one shot.

Versus a level 30 enemy the last bullet does 2250 on a crit and then the damage over time portion is 80-90 a tick after that.

Datto did a video recently where he compared Thorn, Hawkmoon and TLW and gives lots of information about all three guns. Bottom line, they are all great and Thorn could easily be your primary gun in both PVE and PVP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEI9ZHRZBU&feature=youtu.be&a

Outlaw & Firefly

if fatebringer was a scout rifle.

damn. new monarchy dropping bombs this year

boofa

Neo Member
Incorrect. A drop was moved (from the first chest to Ir Yut), and a drop was added (to the first chest).

Chests aren't listed as drops. The drops are lamps, bridge and Crota. Those are the only places you can get CE gear (not counting mats as gear). So it is still only 3 drops for gear, just now with bonus mats from Ir Yut and a slight chance of exotic.

Outlaw & Firefly

I am jealous...

What exactly does custom optics do? I can't ever tell a difference.

Nice, just played with a team of randoms on Firebase Delphi that knew what to do. Then I was rewarded with a Mida Multitool and a teammate had Ice Breaker drop for him.

Top Bottom