• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Definitely the reason why I rarely use it for anything other than patrolling. They really need to consider making an exotic weapon where one of its perks is being able to equip a second exotic weapon.
More logical to make it armor that has Legendary or even Rare-style Int/Dis/Str stats to it, only perk being able to hold 2 exotics with limited ammo.

EL CUCO

I'm loving this thread today. Lots of back and forth on different opinions. These are always good to see.

It shows Destiny, even in its "lack of content" atleast gives us *enough tools to be able to develop our own preferences and style of play. I'm sure others that aren't as seasoned to the game can take note on all the good info and find something that suits them well.

Then they can argue too! :D

hydruxo

Did phen0m get his IceBreaker!?

I am tempted to buy 2, I have one currently, had 3 non-331 ones but didn't want to relevel them again.

But now I do....

Eh, I don't feel like upgrading two more. I have my 331 that I can move around and I don't mind doing that. Also have a 300 dmg one on my Titan so that's good enough for me. I've already got too many exotics to finish upgrading as it is.

Axoman

I feel like I am a basically saying the same things over and over but Thorn is fantastic for both PVP AND PVE. It handles extremely well for a hand cannon, has 9 shots in the magazine (the last of which does bonus damage), penetrates targets (so you can often kill more than 1 mob per bullet) and does Damage over Time to anything that you didn't kill with one shot.

Versus a level 30 enemy the last bullet does 2250 on a crit and then the damage over time portion is 80-90 a tick after that.

Datto did a video recently where he compared Thorn, Hawkmoon and TLW and gives lots of information about all three guns. Bottom line, they are all great and Thorn could easily be your primary gun in both PVE and PVP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEI9ZHRZBU&feature=youtu.be&a

In addition, Thorn can penetrate the Cabal phalanx shields. It was very beneficial in last week's nightfall.

Trace

Banned
Thorn needs to be nerfed, Suros needs to be removed, and heavy ammo spawns shouldn't happen when everyone is getting supers.

Fuck Iron Banner.

Thorn needs to be nerfed, Suros needs to be removed, and heavy ammo spawns shouldn't happen when everyone is getting supers.

Fuck Iron Banner.

Another satisfied customer!

I hear you though. There are some balancing issues that should be tended too. I still say that if you removed the lag, things would be much better.

nowai

I wish Glasshouse wasn't so damn ugly otherwise I'd buy it.

Hate that most exotics don't jive with shaders. FIX THAT SHIT, BUNGIE!

The new hard mode shader looks like it might match the Glasshouse.

baf8c266d9a1c47a35626f40f027cd3a.jpg

Anyone up to do the the VoG up to the Templar? I really want that fatebringer lol.

Da_1_hated_tito

I need fatebringer as well. I'm not going to be home from work for a couple more hours, but if we get a group together maybe we could just clear Templar 3 times (assuming you have multiple characters)?

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Truphenom

Happy for those that are getting to experience icebreaker. Shared all mine down to 1 since I need the vault space. Really hoping the Saint helm and praxic get sold. Those along with Universal Remote are the only exotics I don't have, minus the playstation exclusive ones.

I just wanna blind ppl in my bubble : (

LiK

Fuck Iron Banner.

IB is supposed to be a clusterfuck tho. My only problem with it is the horrible lag.

spyder_ur

Still pumped that within the span of 8 hours I acquired both a Vex (after 18 or so hard clears) and IceBreaker. Excited to try them out - wish I could level them at the same time.

Also happy about Glass House - don't have a Defender helmet for my 32 Titan yet so been forced to rock a Striker one when I want to be 32.

Trace

Banned
IB is supposed to be a clusterfuck tho. My only problem with it is the horrible lag.

Clusterfuck would be fine if I wasn't forced to use an auto rifle every single fucking day to get bounties. Getting shit on because there is one auto rifle that is straight up better than every other one is stupid.

I need fatebringer as well. I'm not going to be home from work for a couple more hours, but if we get a group together maybe we could just clear Templar 3 times (assuming you have multiple characters)?

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Sounds like a good idea. However, I promised to help a friend with 3x Nightfalls and 3x Weeklies around 5:30 EST. Would this be around the time you planned to log onto destiny?

Namikaze1

Holy shit! I have 20GB of footage from Destiny alone.

Well, had.

ugh. Don't get me starte don the lag.

Anyway, when you logging on? I won't get back on till 4:30 to 5 pm est.

Clusterfuck would be fine if I wasn't forced to use an auto rifle every single fucking day to get bounties. Getting shit on because there is one auto rifle that is straight up better than every other one is stupid.

It does suck that it's only an AR bounty, but that one goes pretty quick for me. I could switch my primary after I get it, but I just like using the Suros ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Sounds like a good idea. However, I promised to help a friend with 3x Nightfalls and 3x Weeklies around 5:30 EST. Would this be around the time you planned to log onto destiny?

I think I'm leaving work early, in about an hour or so, so like 3:30 or 4:00 EST. I also have 3 weeklies to do still, so if you need a 3rd let me know. If we can't get templar going this early, I'll be available most of the evening.

Trace

Banned
It does suck that it's only an AR bounty, but that one goes pretty quick for me. I could switch my primary after I get it, but I just like using the Suros ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I hate Suros, I hate everything about it. Auto rifles are supposed to have terrible accuracy that allows you to spray when you get close to people and win fights that way, they shouldn't be beating fucking scout rifles at long range combat.

hydruxo

Best thing about IB is playing regular Crucible. All the good players are in IB while the scrubs stay in Crucible. The lag in IB is unbearable most of the time, shit is annoying.

zewone

I don't think I'm even going to that bounty today. I'm 1200 XP from rank 5 and I'd rather just win an extra match than try to complete that bounty. Hate ARs.

Eh, I don't feel like upgrading two more. I have my 331 that I can move around and I don't mind doing that. Also have a 300 dmg one on my Titan so that's good enough for me. I've already got too many exotics to finish upgrading as it is.

Yeah I had a lot of duplicate exotic weapons I got rid of when The Dark Below launched because I didn't want to re-level the same weapons 5+ times.

jaaz

It's pretty stupid that Xur doesn't have any PS exclusive weapons for upgrade this week. He should have at least one PS exclusive weapon for upgrade per week.

Navy Bean

Most annoying ways to die in Crucible:

1. Titan shoulder charge
2. Shotgun from 30 feet away
3. Fist of Havoc
4. Fusion rifle from across the map
5. Blade Dancer

Hoodbury

I hate Suros, I hate everything about it. Auto rifles are supposed to have terrible accuracy that allows you to spray when you get close to people and win fights that way, they shouldn't be beating fucking scout rifles at long range combat.

Sounds like you're confusing AR's with SMGs? AR's are not meant to be spray and pray weapons in close range.

I do agree that scout rifles should beat an AR user at long range though if everything is equal - both start firing at the same time and both are accurate.

It's pretty stupid that Xur doesn't have any PS exclusive weapons for upgrade this week. He should have at least one PS exclusive weapon for upgrade per week.
That's only one of two weapons, though. Hawkmoon or Monte Carlo, take your pick. 4th Horseman already drops 331. That's a Xur slot every week he comes. Seems a waste to me.

ocean

Banned
But there's only 2 of them. I think treating them like every other weapon makes sense. As in, I see no reason for Hawkmoon upgrade being offered more often than, say, The Lasy Word. Or why Monte Carlo should be available more often than Suros.

I only use Suros or Vex because I'm bad. Sorry. Once I get better at Iron Banner, I'll give my hawkmoon a go.

Top Bottom