• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

E92 M3

It's every simple to understand. Husk of the Pit isn't an exotic~

It's the heart of an exotic ;)

Black hammer is one of the reasons I purchased the expansion this morning. The other reason was the Glasshouse helm being available at Xur. Not concerned bout hitting L32 but I do want to hit Crota raid for the BH drop :) After seeing folks melt HM Atheon with BH I decided its a must have

Black Hammer has revitalized my love for sniper rifles and strikes. Love that freaking gun!

It's pretty funny actually.

You rejoiced in his tears of frustration as hour after hour the husk wasn't dropping, right?

SkylineRKR

Black hammer is one of the reasons I purchased the expansion this morning. The other reason was the Glasshouse helm being available at Xur. Not concerned bout hitting L32 but I do want to hit Crota raid for the BH drop :) After seeing folks melt HM Atheon with BH I decided its a must have

I have 3 already so who knows you'll be lucky right out of the gate. I'm still chasing Hunger of Crota and Song of Ir Yut.

Got Silimar's Wrath. My first Iron Banner weapon. :D

This is at least the 3rd AR I've heard drop, but only Unknown is a lucky enough punk to get the sniper (with a damn good perk roll to boot). What a jerk.

Yo, those pulsing Titan Lightning grenades are broken as SHIT. Their AOE is HUGE

The AoE is crazy but you can shoot them and trip mines (this post is mostly just a PSA, not directed at you specifically since many people know about this already).

GhaleonEB

I love how I'm in an Icebreaker category unto myself. :D

Really, to me weapon handling >>> any other perks. It's as simple as that. I want a gun to be great to use first, the rest is gravy. I thought the handling on Icebreaker was garbage (again, my fault for not checking it out first), and no perk was going to make me enjoy using it. I realize that's a minority position, but I wanted to at least try and clarify.

Really, to me weapon handling >>> any other perks. It's as simple as that. I want a gun to be great to use first, the rest is gravy. I thought the handling on Icebreaker was garbage (again, my fault for not checking it out first), and no perk was going to make me enjoy using it. I realize that's a minority position, but I wanted to at least try and clarify.
It's a reasonable opinion. If you don't already, I'd suggest having a few primary/secondary ammo synths on hand at all times.

It always bugs me in juggler or VOG (and Crota I think sometimes?) people saying they ran out of primary. Well use a synth it's 100 glimmer jeeeeeeeeez. Secondary is 250(?)

gdt

I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :

Dismantled. At least I got shard out of it.

Ho.

Lee.

Shit.

Deku Tree

I think you would like a Patience & Time.

I like Icebreaker because it hits your enemies very hard and it regen's ammo and it has a six bullet mag. I am OK with the fact that it has a major huge recoil kick. That's the price you pay for the impact and the ammo regen.

Pickman

The third weapon shot perk makes the recoil follow the same pattern, up and slightly left, on every shot. You very quickly become accustomed to the thumb jerk needed to correct back to this. I can pull off rapid fire shots with my IB now. It really helps to overcome the recoil by making it predictable.

E92 M3

Join the Black Hammer master race and all of your handling woes will disappear.

Just bought FWC's The Chance on a whim since I'm at 160 marks with 92 marks to go this week. Funny last week I was lacking primaries now I have too many.

rNilla

with the current way people do oracles in vog, how? and if everything you have is underleveled against crota and ir yut, how?

hope someone on the team has IB or GH to carry you.

which is available in a store for purchase right now?

I never said Ice Breaker is bad. It's great! If you don't have it then you should absolutely buy it. It's incredibly useful but not necessary to be successful at the game.

Also, of course it's the best choice in your hand-picked scenarios. It's a great cheese weapon and of course an exotic is better than using unleveled guns.

Hoodbury

I don't know if you saw my post a few pages back now but it sounded like you used it for the wrong scenario. To me it's not really a weapon you have equipped all the time and use for any mob type. It's re-genning ammo perk makes it ideal for pulling out when you get to a strike boss/raid boss encounter. Use a different special like a fusion rifle or sniper with better stability on trash mobs leading up to a boss, then switch to Icebreaker when you get to the boss.

You just tried it on a daily? That doesn't seem like an ideal use for it to me. I would have recommended pulling it out on a strike boss at least before devouring it.

Deku Tree

Ahhh, ok. I thought he only dropped weapons.

Normal Crota drops the helmet, non-primary weapons, and the ship, and radiant mats (and the shader and the emblem on your first kill). (And you have a small chance at getting an Exotic Weapon to drop too.)

SkylineRKR

all the IB anti-hype posts from the last page are from people that have gjallarhorn

I dunno, I don't think I ever liked IB tbh. Its not the best controllable shot out there and not the fastest. My first maxed Sniper was Praedyth, which was a load of fun with Firefly and Feeding Frenzy. Weak on shields but on everything else it was good. Then I got Patience and Time and fell in love with it, I slowly started to push IB aside because I feel its for the better if you have to make your shots count. So on Atheon I was the first in my squad to ditch it for Patience and I think I out DPS'd them because of higher ROF and stability (could get about 15 shots in?).

Gjallarhorn is just bad ass. When you have it, you know you'll do the highest damage in the game. Could one man Gatekeepers and Praetorians with it way back, which was an advantage.

This is definitely the group I fall into, especially since they removed the broken Hive major perk. BH+GH=OP, especially for every CE phase but the darkness pit.

Edit: Also VoC + Praedyth's Revenge or even BHam dominate hard VoG oracles. This phase is so easy to cheese anyway, finding enough damage w/ or w/o IceB is a non-issue. You just have to watch 7 oracle spawn points with 6 guardians, don't need to kill a single add.

Unrelated, but do you plan on keeping running CE flawless raids?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I don't normally requote myself for a new page, but I feel this is important. As someone who joins pubs and helps out new players every once in a while, I only ever look for Ice Breaker, and can tell if a group can live or die by that alone. Ice Breakers + light levels = odds of success

IceBreaker Groups:

-The guy who sharded his due to stability. A reasonable point (but he could have kept it for ammo regen, or at the very least wait to shard it until you actually needed the shard)
-People who suggest having three
-People who insist on having one, but three is overkill; use the vault
-People with Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer and don't use their IB anymore, but still have/keep one and suggest getting one
-Zewone

Ice Breaker is an important step in progressing with your character. Sure, if you got a Gjallarhorn and an assortment of sniper rifles, then you might not need IceBreaker all the time. But you can't easily get Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn. Right now, right here, Ice Breaker is available. And can be used to obtain Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn.

You want Ice Breaker at oracles in vault of glass
You want Ice Breaker at Knights against Crota, or against Orges
Ice Breaker is as useful or better than BH/GH for the following strikes: all of them

Ice Breaker saves glimmer with regenerating ammo. BH can easily run out so you hunt for more or use synth. GH eats snyth all day. I'm someone glad I don't have a GH because I save so much glimmer/synth on raids with pubs.

Maybe you have a good group where you use one synth and beat all raids on the first try. Other groups can fail for hours and spend 1 synth every 4 minutes, that's 15k glimmer per hour. Ice Breaker is a universal weapon that is great for all skill levels. BH/GH/Primary exotic works if you have the skill and a good team.

Sure wish we could trade, I've got 2 or 3 Black Hammers that I'm probably going to shard.

Navy Bean

I think you would like a Patience & Time.

I like Icebreaker because it hits your enemies very hard and it regen's ammo and it has a six bullet mag. I am OK with the fact that it has a major huge recoil kick. That's the price you pay for the impact and the ammo regen.

Patience & Time is just buttery smooth to shoot. Love everything about it.

Frenden

Banned
Got Thorn. Super excited to knock that one off my list.

The rate of fire is higher than I realized it would be. Target acquisition seems a little weaker than some (less headshot magnetism), but I guess the DOT will make up for that.

Alright, now that I have both I don't need to be insecure. Which do you like better, Thorn or Hawkmoon?

ethomaz

Banned
Updated.

|MISSING|
Red Death
Universal Remote
Necrochasm
The 4th Horseman
Praetorian Foil
Abyss Defiant
Fang of Ir Yut
Oversoul Edict
Word of Crota
Black Hammer
Light of The Abyss

I guess some just will be released with CE Hard.

Deku Tree

So I purchased my first exotic helmet from xur. Do I then need to upgrade it through him?

Does it have Max 36 light potential?
If so no, you upgrade it with experience, planetary materials, class materials, glimmer, and one exotic shard.

If it has Max 30 light (because you bought it pre-Dec. 9) then yes you need to upgrade it through Xur when he offers it for upgrade.

joecanada

1. Blade Dancer
2. Blade Dancer
3. Blade Dancer
4. Blade Dancer
5. Sliding shotgun.

Ya the blade dancer move even looks lame in animation... However I do feel sliding shotgun is kinda in the spirit of the game otherwise why have sliding? The problem is again with the shotguns

Top Bottom