• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

RoKKeR

So... I should buy Icebreaker right? Haha, it'd be my second Exotic and my second exotic sniper unfortunately but it seems way too good to pass up.

Also I am absolutely amazed at the activity of DestinyGAF. 30 pages since Xur dropped in the morning is ridiculous.

Anyone play around with the new crota glitch? I'm curious how much damage can be stacked with:

-Thorn x1 (can't stack)
-Hunter throwing knife + burn
-Warlock Solar Grenade
-Titan with dragon's breath/thorn

rNilla

If I'm looking at these Grimoire stats correctly 16% of my sniper rifle kills are from Ice Breaker. So there's that I guess.

12% from P&T.
4.6% from NLB (if it counts).
Everything else from... well everything else.

LiK

Hm, I might be on later for IB. Tired and wanna take a nap when I get home. If you see me on, I'm ready for IB but if not, I'll be on later.

R0ckman

Im ok with this but the idea of better rewards for better play needs to die

I was mainly joking, people would not like getting yelled at, I believe I read on the bungie forums where someone was upset that the Crucible Master yells at you in Control when you are getting your ass handed to you. Where he goes "FIGHT BACK!!! CONTROL THE ZONES!"

Yeah found verdict is great at killing oracles and breaking out of the detainment bubbles.
I personally like the titan more, but the warlock's self revieve is pretty handle.

I'm either doing Sunlock or Defense Titan . . Sunlock Titan seem to be great for NF and Hard Mode raids and that is my main concern right now so I will probably just do that now.

Axoman

I’m definitely buying at least two ice breakers. I missed out the first time Xur sold it, I was 3 coins short. That was also the week I first learned about Xur. I told my friends about him and how awesome the ice breaker was and they should get it because they had enough coins. We were level 22 noobs at the time and still learning about the game.

They both bought it and we immediately did the valus strike, could have been the weekly that week, I don’t remember. We got to the section where you have to kill the 3 guards and they just stayed back and sniped everyone. They were laughing and having a great time about how much ice breaker changed the game. We were in awe of how game changing this single weapon was.

I was so bummed I wasn’t able to buy one that weekend.

I continued to be teased about not being able to get one. Once we got higher levels and started doing VoG, especially hard mode, it felt like I was always the one guy without ice breaker. I remember my first hard mode oracle sniping run, the other 5 had ice breaker and no problems sniping oracles. I had no scout rifle (still no VoC to this day either) and struggled getting the oracles on my side. I think I used quite a few special ammo synths so I could use a sniper.

I'm tired of being that no ice breaker guy, but as of today, I will no longer be that guy!

DoubleD

Wow, this thread moves insanely fast. I can finally get an Icebreaker!
Apologies to whoever was running that VOG HM last night. I had some family things to attend to.

If I'm looking at these Grimoire stats correctly 16% of my sniper rifle kills are from Ice Breaker. So there's that I guess.

12% from P&T.
4.6% from NLB (if it counts).
Everything else from... well everything else.

I just did this... 74% from IB. I've had it since the first time Xur sold it.

That Titan was certainly not using Armor of Light, else you'd never have been able to down them with a shotgun blast. Chalk that up to being a less-than-wise Titan and nothing more.

Oh, I know. It was a joke more than anything. :p
I'll die 100 times for every Titan I can take out like that.

how can you get through 7 oracle phases with 20-30 sniper bullets?

it takes me ten seconds to use up my IB ammo, which means 8 shots, which is enough to take out two oracles

VoC dominates oracles and has tons of ammo w/ field scout. Cheesing this phase is so easy it's not worth focusing on very seriously at all.

IceB is awesome, I love it. One of the best PvE exotics for sure. But it's the same as GHorn and any other single weapon: optional for clearing all PvE content. Many ways to skin all those cats.

I use my IB during oracles for those fucking bastard Hobgoblins.

Everyone can stay on the higher ledge area behind the spawn point and snipe all 7 oracles without needing to shoot a single add (no hobbies aggro on you that far back).

Of course IB --> Hobbie guts is great for doing the phase legit, which is probably what you meant anyway.

You are not getting lucky with the extra damage shots

It kills super easily if you get one and is terrible if you dont

Not a fan
Hugely overrated gun
Thorn and last word are both better

It has great range, not over rated imo. Thorn is probably better but hawkmoon just feels a bit more satisfying to shoot. Last word is great, but kinda awful for pvp because of its shitty impact and range

Coconut

Banned
If you are newer to the game and are trying to level a under 30 character I'm willing to lead a few runs on the VoG in both normal and hard mode tonight. Let me know if any of you new folks are interested in this to get ascendant material and stuff.

Is it worse than the Hunter jumps?

Hunter is the best jump I can clear the VoG jump puzzle by touching only one platform.

I noticed that as well. Someone said they cap out the damage at 300 in hard vog. Not sure if that's true.

Not true. 331 weapon does more damage than a 300 weapon of the same type. Only the level scaling is capped: being Lv31 does 0 additional damage compared to Lv30 against a Lv30 enemy regardless of what gun it is.

A 331 scout can still do really well on hard oracles but the bonus oracle damage on VoC still makes it the king of this phase while cheesing.

Half way through rank three on IB, and I finally got an IB weapon to drop, Silimar's Wrath (High RoF and little impact AR). I decided to reroll it a few times to see if I could get some decent perks. Got counter balance, and glass half full. So I'm happy with that.

Of course it's worse than the best jump in the game.

Lmao I enjoy triple jump but god. . when I'm bladedancing in PVE for stealth revives it is painful to jump.

Also I just made my journey into Sunlock-ness. Replaying the first mission. Hoping to be able to jump into crucible fast and level up there. . I hate the story mode but I also want Mars to be unlocked for me though--fuck.

Dazzler

If you are newer to the game and are trying to level a under 30 character I'm willing to lead a few runs on the VoG in both normal and hard mode tonight. Let me know if any of you new folks are interested in this to get ascendant material and stuff.

I haven't run VoG this week so I'd be down for a normal run too

Greenymac

I am definitely down to run more flawless CE raids depending on who is available and interested. Afaik we still need to get Kadey, Colonel and Born2Live in a group since they missed out on the Dhruv Edition earlier today.

If people are interested just throw up a post or something and let me know what time they're available. Shouldn't take more than 1 hour to get the trophy, but probably best to have up to 2 hours available just in case. Lv32 is obviously easier but not required, same thing with any particular weaponry: no GHorns, IceBs, BHams or anything else "required."

I may be down for this this weekend. Im off work in about haf an hour and once I get online tonight, ill be around on and off all weekend. Hell I still need to run CE three times this weekend.

rNilla

Lmao I enjoy triple jump but god. . when I'm bladedancing in PVE for stealth revives it is painful to jump.

Also I just made my journey into Sunlock-ness. Replaying the first mission. Hoping to be able to jump into crucible fast and level up there. . I hate the story mode but I also want Mars to be unlocked for me though--fuck.

I'm still getting used to the Bladedancer jump. I'm not a big fan. I liked Glide a lot at first but the more I play the more I hate it. Maybe because Warlock is my least used class.

stb

I'm like 95% up for this with a 31 and 32 - will have to switch characters in between. Mark me down - I'll message you if I can't make it.

spyder_ur

Added.

Updated list. Have 3, need 3 + alts:

Anyone want to run HM VoG and CE back-to-back Friday night any time after 8pm Eastern?

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6
3) Mrgamer ?
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
5) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
6) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a1) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a2) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a3) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)

Looking to do Crotas End X2 from Deathsinger checkpoint to Crota Kill.

We have 2 so looking for 4;

01: MandrakeUK
02: Ezza01
03: Three_Beta
04: Three_Beta Friend
05: Three_Beta Friend
06:

Just need one more!

Everyone can stay on the higher ledge area behind the spawn point and snipe all 7 oracles without needing to shoot a single add (no hobbies aggro on you that far back).

Of course IB --> Hobbie guts is great for doing the phase legit, which is probably what you meant anyway.

Sure, it's handy for that too. I like to do it legit though. ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, this thread moves insanely fast. I can finally get an Icebreaker!
Today has been particularly.. brisk. Closing in on 80 pages in 3 days. o__o

Depending on how much discussion Hard Mode CE generates, this could be our first One-Xur thread...

Greenymac

Paging: Dave_6, captscience , Mrgamer, babyghost853 (+ friend): we steamrolled HM VoG last week. Wanna do it again tomorrow night?

Thursday's my no Destiny night, but does anyone want to run HM VoG and CE back-to-back Friday night any time after 8pm Eastern?

The guys listed above get preference, but please add yourself as an alt if you're interested (odds are all 5 won't make it).

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6
3) Mrgamer ?
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
5) Greenymac (psn is same) 32 Warlock
6) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a1) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a2) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a3) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)

I want to hop in on this as well. Let me know if theres still space.

Top Bottom