• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I wish I could see what weapon(s) make up the majority of my sniper kills. I think I had IB long before the 'horn. I passed on it from Xur because I wasn't into launchers at the time and wanted to save up in case he sold something really good in the future. Whoops.

I passed on it too. I just got lucky and got it from a drop about a week later.

nowai

so right here right now, to someone barely 20 and with 17 coins, are you saying don't buy ice breaker?

LDR/Longbow have the same impact as Ice Breaker and Efrideet's Spear/Black Hammer have higher. They are also all legendary leaving your exotic slot for horn or primary if you so prefer.

Pre-Dark Below, IB was THE sniper. Post, it's still boss, but not Big Boss.

I loved my IB since the first day I screamed like the Nintendo 64 kid when it dropped, but it sits in my vault now that I have an Efrideet's Spear with field scout and Black Hammer.

You want that IB spot still?

I really do!... but I have family stuff I should attend to now instead. ;_; Damn you family, for taking me away from Destiny with your love and affection, haha.

I'll definitely be on later tonight, but might not be for another few hours at least.

No way, I've been saying exactly the opposite all day. Everyone who doesn't have an IceB should buy one.
I don't get what all this discussion is about, then. I thought the discussion was "should someone own an ice breaker". I split up some categories based on that. The replies I've gotten have still fit into those categories. I guess I don't know what's going on.

I'm a little confused on how upgrading Exotics works. I got The Last Word from Xur last week and I'm almost done upgrading it. I'm pretty close to unlocking the last node so I went and bought a shard from Xur and he has the gun listed in his inventory for upgrade and I can do it right now even though I haven't unlocked that node. Is there some sort of difference between upgrading it myself and upgrading it through Xur?

EL CUCO

if you have high discipline in your other armor pieces then Starfire gives you intellect plus an additional fusion grenade.
Yeah Starfire is pretty good too. I would like them more if they would give you a 3rd fusion nade but for intellect stats purposes they are great.

I really like Sunbreakers as well. Solar Nades last twice as long and if you spam them everything melts.

I'm a little confused on how upgrading Exotics works. I got The Last Word from Xur last week and I'm almost done upgrading it. I'm pretty close to unlocking the last node so I went and bought a shard from Xur and he has the gun listed in his inventory for upgrade and I can do it right now even though I haven't unlocked that node. Is there some sort of difference between upgrading it myself and upgrading it through Xur?

lol nooooooooooooo

Xur upgrades old exotics (max 300) into new exotics (max 331). He doesn't offer complete upgrades of perks/nodes. All that is on you.

Haybro

Don't do it through xur! That's only for people who picked up the max 300 version of TLW.

It'll reset your progress!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Upgrading a weapon from Xur's inventory is just for the purpose of getting an old, pre-The Dark Below exotic up to the new standards. Sometimes called "rexurbishing."

Any new exotic acquired, from anywhere, doesn't need to be rexurbished. Just upgrade your TLW by filling in its nodes, you're good to go.

Coconut

Banned

That upgrade Xur is providing is for weapons that dropped pre Croats end. You don't need it.

No. It's stupid. You cant really upgrade it any further.

I really do!... but I have family stuff I should attend to now instead. ;_; Damn you family, for taking me away from Destiny with your love and affection, haha.

I'll definitely be on later tonight, but might not be for another few hours at least.
Yeah damn Friday night class ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ it will be another 5 hours before I am back home.

Cool thanks for the help guys! I was a bit suspicious of doing it though Xur since the gun's stats were all reset in the display window while I was scrolling over it so I decided to wait. Glad I did lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No. It's stupid. You cant really upgrade it any further.
I don't know if you misunderstood the question or what but the actual answer is "yes, there's a huge difference." Lavalamp just needs to put in that Exotic Shard he or she bought to finish it off at 331 attack.
Cool thanks for the help guys! I was a bit suspicious of doing it though Xur since the gun's stats were all reset in the display window while I was scrolling over it so I decided to wait. Glad I did lol.
Yeah, unless you have any old Exotic weapons or armor that max at 300 attack or 30 light, respectively, you never have to worry about Xur's upgrade inventory at all.

To fellow Titans out there, what shaders would you recommend with glasshouse? I'm running chatterwhite right now...

I thought arctic proxy would work nicely with it but it looks weird especially with the crota gear..

Namikaze1

To fellow Titans out there, what shaders would you recommend with glasshouse? I'm running chatterwhite right now...

I thought arctic proxy would work nicely with it but it looks weird especially with the crota gear..
None at the moment though Crota's End Hard Mode shader may go great with it. Keyword is may.

Yeah don't do what I did with my leveled hawkmoon and buy the upgrade from Xur. It's only to take a 300 exotic to 330. That's it.

Jinjo

Provincial Royale

The shaderslut sells it now.

LDR/Longbow have the same impact as Ice Breaker and Efrideet's Spear/Black Hammer have higher. They are also all legendary leaving your exotic slot for horn or primary if you so prefer.

Pre-Dark Below, IB was THE sniper. Post, it's still boss, but not Big Boss.

I loved my IB since the first day I screamed like the Nintendo 64 kid when it dropped, but it sits in my vault now that I have an Efrideet's Spear with field scout and Black Hammer.
so you suggest they get carried in CE until they get a black hammer/spear? why not contribute with ice breaker until they get a black hammer?

Navy Bean

In the future I say go for it first THEN post on here. Makes for a better story and more lols for everyone (except you, of course).

If you are newer to the game and are trying to level a under 30 character I'm willing to lead a few runs on the VoG in both normal and hard mode tonight. Let me know if any of you new folks are interested in this to get ascendant material and stuff.

Hunter is the best jump I can clear the VoG jump puzzle by touching only one platform.

. edit

Top Bottom